Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Where did you get this info that he wanted out so soon for a shitty Arsenal Job. Or that he used the job to twist our arms into a new contract......... Or is it that he was looked at as being a talented Manager/coach that the club wanted to reward and show some faith in.

I don't have a problem with your opinion. Just that you think Arsenal had anything to do with it.

Did you here him distance himself when the rumours were going around? He played us got a lovely new deal he hadn’t earned. Don’t get me wrong I was happy with the appointment he was probably my first choice. But there was little to no value us giving him a new deal so soon what had he achieved?

16 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

Vardy, Maddison and Chilwell were nowhere near consistent enough from December onwards. N'Didi and Ricky P were both very unfortunate with injuries in 2020 as well.

Given that post-December we barely played with our best XI, it's no wonder things started going south. It completely exposed the lack of depth in the squad. I don't think the team's form is symptomatic of Rodgers', it's more an inditement on just how thin the squad became once key names were either injured or playing shite. 

How dare you speak the truth of the state of our squad last season. Our manager must always be sacrificed to the gods of proper behavior and wrong football tactics. Welcome to the Shitshow.:welcome:

1 minute ago, tetly said:

Did you here him distance himself when the rumours were going around? He played us got a lovely new deal he hadn’t earned. Don’t get me wrong I was happy with the appointment he was probably my first choice. But there was little to no value us giving him a new deal so soon what had he achieved?

Then you believe Top and Rudkin were mistaken in your opinion. Fair play. I've never seen Rodgers show any disloyalty to this club ever.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Vardy in Rodgers system not seeing the ball, Maddison being played out of position and Chilwell given no defensive support at times are all down to Rodgers. All teams get injuries and we were only really very short at the very end of the season.

Rodgers management of his squad, player positioning, tactics, substitutions, micro-managing, slavishly following a defunct philosophy and unwillingness to change were all to blame.

I quite agree with the above.

Being a manager is about seeing the strengths and weaknesses of you staff, motavating them to get the best performance out of them and also recognising your own mistakes and learning from them. It does not matter what industury you are in, the princple is the same.

The next few weeks will tell us the answer

• Thanks 1

Maybe this is the year we start awfully and finish in Champions League places come end of season ?:nigel:

Cant be as bad as last season start amazingly hang round top 3 for months on end, then end up with a dodgy last few game finish dropping to 5th?

Yes I know 5th is superb finish we still go into Europe but Champions League football was like a carrot being dangled over us for a few months, would have been great to dip our toes with the top elite again but let’s just see how we get on in the Europa ?

ONWARDS & UPWARDS !🦊💙🦊

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Then you believe Top and Rudkin were mistaken in your opinion. Fair play. I've never seen Rodgers show any disloyalty to this club ever.

I'd advise you to stay far, far away from the "loyalty" line of the defense, as you'll be walking right into a minefield.

Rodgers has many qualities, but I don't think that loyalty is one of them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'd advise you to stay far, far away from the "loyalty" line of the defense, as you'll be walking right into a minefield.

Didn’t he leave Watford for Reading or vice versa after being there for a handful of games?

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What free ride is this you speak of? Rodgers is getting plenty of criticism for the slump of last season and it will intensify if we carry on this season. Fans not being able to attend matches might make it less obvious but there's not too much of a love-in from fans with our manager, in fact I felt he was under appreciated when we were top 2 and able to attend games. Barely any songs sang about him, he's someone who I think fans struggle to warm to due to his persona and arrogance. Thats why its easier for fans to get vocal when it's negative, rather than positive.

If we don't win either of these opening 2 games and Man City nut us for 4 or 5 then there will be absolute chaos on here and twitter, mark my words.

I think there are a fair few giving him a free ride, some who were super critical of Puel yet letting Rodgers get away with the same things, even sticking up for him in alot of cases.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Thanks for the advisement sir. :plancque:

Edited by SO1

6 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Didn’t he leave Watford for Reading or vice versa after being there for a handful of games?

He left Watford quite harshly for Reading, despite the the good results, and according to Wikipedia, the Watford supporters were thankful but disappointed by the way he left. He lasted a couple of months at Reading before leaving with mutual consent.

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think there are a fair few giving him a free ride, some who were super critical of Puel yet letting Rodgers get away with the same things, even sticking up for him in alot of cases.

To be fair when did finish 5th, its just we sunk to 5th as opposed to climb to it towards the backend of the season.

He had some credit in the Bank, from his first 40 odd games.

But if we see a poor run again, and we know what these players are now capable of there will be serious questions asked.

The thing that concerns me is players like Barnes seem to have regressed.

Arguably Tielemans form 

3 goals 4 assists in 13

3 goals 6 assists in 37 (baring in mind the first 18 games)

Edited by HankMarvin

39 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If Rogers was offered the Arsenal job he'd have been gone quicker than you could say intensity.

He done the exact same at Celtic to schmooze his way to a better contract when there was feelers put out to him around going to China.

One thing he's never been in his career is loyal.

Not saying there's too much wrong with that in football nowadays, but lets not kid on he's something he's not.

This is exactly what I was saying he played his hand very well. Let’s just wait and see if he is worth the extra pond notes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maybe they see it differently to you?

Quite and I appreciate that is possible but as i've said I genuinely don't see a great deal of difference between Puelball and what we're getting now, not to mention recruitment (Or lack of) and prep towards the season, with that in mind I can't believe or get my head around those same people who shown so much vitriol towards Puel can be excited and happy with what we're seeing, let things slide and stick up for things but everyone is entitled to their own opinions..

Edited by Matt