Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Quite and I appreciate that is possible but as i've said I genuinely don't see a great deal of difference between Puelball and what we're getting now, not to mention recruitment (Or lack of) and prep towards the season, with that in mind I can't believe or get my head around those same people who shown so much vitriol towards Puel can be excited and happy with what we're seeing, let things slide and stick up for things but everyone is entitled to their own opinions..

Maybe they're not happy but not angry too? 

Puel was criticised whatever he did, Rodgers has some leeway possibly.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Vardy in Rodgers system not seeing the ball, Maddison being played out of position and Chilwell given no defensive support at times are all down to Rodgers. All teams get injuries and we were only really very short at the very end of the season.

Rodgers management of his squad, player positioning, tactics, substitutions, micro-managing, slavishly following a defunct philosophy and unwillingness to change were all to blame.

image.thumb.png.a9bf328bcfb3acbbc60f6ef29898d81c.png

Vardy's touch map (steady now) from the 6 matches prior to the Villa game pre-lockdown indicate to me that he wasn't entirely willing himself to see the ball. I don't recall Maddison being played out of position, wasn't he mainly play on his favoured left-side of midfield? An element of Maddison's drop in form is down to N'didi's injury surely?

Management-wise, he got a few of our young lads playing and has moved the team on from Puel-ball. We finished 4 places higher than 18/19 too. I'm not sure what he's doing wrong philosophically, but I feel like that is a bit of a footballing criticism buzzword. The philosophy seems to be to try and win games, and I don't recall a game last season where the team was hiding.

However, I do think the 20/21 season could be something of a reckoning for Rodgers. He's hopefully more aware of the strengths and limitations of the squad, and the onus is on him to get early form out the squad.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

When BR first took over I remember reading that they practiced wining the ball back within 15 seconds and made it a competitive game when training.

Did BR burn them out ?

because by Xmas that pressing disappeared

I know I'm backing Rodgers at the moment, but you could be right on with this. Again, hopefully he's aware of the squad's strengths and limitations with regards to training workload.

Edited by CountrysideFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah just bottled 6 months of Premier league games and a semi final against a shite Aston Villa 

The semi final against Villa irks me more than anything else. There’s absolutely no excuse not to win that tie over two legs considering how we swept them aside at villa park and at home. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

The semi final against Villa irks me more than anything else. There’s absolutely no excuse not to win that tie over two legs considering how we swept them aside at villa park and at home. 

All so avoidable as well.

3 centre backs in the home leg for 90 minutes against 0 strikers.

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

When BR first took over I remember reading that they practiced wining the ball back within 15 seconds and made it a competitive game when training.

Did BR burn them out ?

because by Xmas that pressing disappeared

I have no doubt this is true, Ryan Bennett thought training with Wolves was intense, he then said coming to Leicester training was another level.

Edited by dayday

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Such as? 

There were loads on here saying league position didn't matter and they style did. Last half of last season it was every inch as rubbish and barely a word has been said about the style of football. 

Rodgers should get more flack for it as Puel was at least trying to transition the squad and style. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

we lost to Norwich, Bournemouth and drew late on with Watford - and yes... got knocked out over two games by villa.  This were all games we should have won easily - consistency =- that's what brendan needs. This will only come with reliable patterns of play that can be support by a revolving cast rather than  relying on individual performances.

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, CountrysideFox said:

image.thumb.png.a9bf328bcfb3acbbc60f6ef29898d81c.png

Vardy's touch map (steady now) from the 6 matches prior to the Villa game pre-lockdown indicate to me that he wasn't entirely willing himself to see the ball. I don't recall Maddison being played out of position, wasn't he mainly play on his favoured left-side of midfield? An element of Maddison's drop in form is down to N'didi's injury surely?

Management-wise, he got a few of our young lads playing and has moved the team on from Puel-ball. We finished 4 places higher than 18/19 too. I'm not sure what he's doing wrong philosophically, but I feel like that is a bit of a footballing criticism buzzword. The philosophy seems to be to try and win games, and I don't recall a game last season where the team was hiding.

However, I do think the 20/21 season could be something of a reckoning for Rodgers. He's hopefully more aware of the strengths and limitations of the squad, and the onus is on him to get early form out the squad.

I know I'm backing Rodgers at the moment, but you could be right on with this. Again, hopefully he's aware of the squad's strengths and limitations with regards to training workload.

I respect the idea that the squad may have been pushed too hard last season. Its above my pay grade to find out the true answer to that question and what could be done to solve it from a Managing standpoint. I really don't know how you run/train a team with the governor on. What part of the season do we plan our training/ periodisation of the club for? Concerned that if we don't beef up the squad with quality and depth at the right positions that we will have to let some competitions go to the academy/non starters only.

Edited by SO1

....If he wins matches he can stay, don’t care how he does it but results in 2020 need to improve if he wants to manage  us in 2021.
.....if he cannot persuade the club to strengthen the squad sufficiently to get a reasonable points tally then in my mind that is also a failure on his part.

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I respect the idea that the squad may have been pushed to hard last season. Its above my pay grade to find out the true answer to that question and what could be done to solve it from a Managing standpoint. I really don't know how you run/train a team with the governor on. What part of the season do we plan our training/ periodisation of the club for? Concerned that if we don't beef up the squad with quality and depth at the right positions that we will have to let some competitions go to the academy/non starters only.

Good shout old boy. Seems to be that LC is signing players via committee. I don't think it's a entirely bad thing, as it will hopefully prevent football's endless cycle of managers bringing "their own lads" in. Potentially it also implies that there's a larger project at work behind the scenes.

But we are bloody lethargic when it comes to signing players!

50 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There were loads on here saying league position didn't matter and they style did. Last half of last season it was every inch as rubbish and barely a word has been said about the style of football. 

Rodgers should get more flack for it as Puel was at least trying to transition the squad and style. 

Plenty on here have been arguing that even though we were still in the top 4 until the 37th game, we had been atrocious for months and injuries weren't the sole reason for it.

He'll have little support if we start this season badly, which we will likely do given our shocking transfer window so far and barely any defenders available nor Maddison.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I seriously think the double-whammy of being seriously outplayed by ManCity and Liverpool back-to-back over Christmas, coupled with the fact fixture congestion meant the main starting 11 didn't get back on in the saddle right away, really affected the team's confidence. And then the Covid scare in the squad -- the first in the Premier League -- was just the hammer.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
typos galore
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

Good shout old boy. Seems to be that LC is signing players via committee. I don't think it's a entirely bad thing, as it will hopefully prevent football's endless cycle of managers bringing "their own lads" in. Potentially it also implies that there's a larger project at work behind the scenes.

But we are bloody lethargic when it comes to signing players!

I feel sure there's a larger project behind the scenes or Rodgers would not have come here. He's always looking for something to build and make better. As far as I know the managers remit is to suggest the types of players and qualities to accomplish the goal of moving the club forwards. Scouts and Adminstration are for the identification and financial issues involved in transfers. This is a well run club in a crazy screwed up covid world. However it all turns out I'm looking forward to this season and all the challenges that come with it.

Life is weird in when something I think is bad in the long run turns out positive in the most unexpected way.

I'm optimistic for this season.

5 minutes ago, CountrysideFox said:

If you show up to work and decide to half-arse it for a few weeks would your line manager be the one getting the sack?

If you and all your colleagues half arsed it for months on end and there was no sign of it ending then I think the higher ups would almost certainly want words with your line manager

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

A few weeks or 6 months? 

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

If you and all your colleagues half arsed it for months on end and there was no sign of it ending then I think the higher ups would almost certainly want words with your line manager

God forbid players are responsible for playing shite :dunno: