Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Theory, draw with Man Utd final game

For all of us describing ourselves as bottlers at the moment, and I am in those, we should remember the PL title season when we remained cool and focused.

That in big part was of course down to Claudio who took the pressure off the team brilliantly in almost every way. Big Wes also was a brilliant captain and if he can return to the fold for the last two or three games and steady the ship with his manner, then who knows? 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

I love the fact that fans expect the team to be mental tough and slag them off for being mentally weak.

But as soon as the going get tough most of the fans have given up all hope and just fold!

I believe we will see a response from Sundays performance, whether that's enough I don't know.

But I will keep believing until its done mathematically.  

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

It's far from over.

IIRC we're still 4th.

Grow a pair man and accept we may have took a beating and been dropped a couple of times but it's still the 10th round and we're ahead on points.

2 rounds to go... punch drunk, one eye functioning, absolutely knackered and the other fighter has a second wind. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

2 rounds to go with a huge gash, one eye functioning, absolutely knackered and the other fighter has a second wind. 

Yet we're ahead on points and still standing.

Yet despite that plenty would rather sit on their stool as the bell for the 11th sounds because it's easier to wallow in self pity than get out there and give it your all for the next six minutes. If the team has the attitude of the fans then we may as well throw the towel in now, it's absolutely pathetic people are giving up with three games to go and still in 4th place.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Yet we're ahead on points and still standing.

Yet despite that plenty would rather sit on their stool as the bell for the 11th sounds because it's easier to wallow in self pity than get out there and give it your all for the next six minutes. If the team has the attitude of the fans then we may as well throw the towel in now, it's absolutely pathetic people are giving up with three games to go and still in 4th place.

I’d remained positive until the Bournemouth game and last night was yet another lifeline. The mentality of the fans now surely comes from the mentality that the team/Rodgers are showing. Throwing away a 1-0 lead to lose 4-1 on Sunday was throwing the towel in. 

I know there are plenty of negative posters on here even when it’s going well. But the performance in the second half was more pathetic than anything I’ve seen on here, and that’s saying something. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

35 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I hope we win our last 3 just to spite all you miserable bastards who have quit as fans, lost all faith and want the manager out.

Especially when we are in fourth with three games to go.

:ph34r:

And if that happens every single one of those miserable bastards will be delighted. The reality is different to this hypothetical though.

If, by some series of miracles, we are still in it on the final day, Sky Sports will have their commentary and pundit team lined up.

Co-Commentator: Gary Neville.

Pitch side: Giggseh and Scholseh

In the studio: Sir Alex Ferguson and Bobby Charlton.

With champagne buckets with red ribbons hanging off them, ready for the end.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Ridiculous statement

I'd put good money on it with our remaining games and theirs lol

Sheff United 2 points behind us if they beat us Thursday. Wolves will be within 1 point by the time we kick off. 

They're not going to find it too hard to finish above us with our level of performances, remaining games and theirs.

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Sheff United 2 points behind us if they beat us Thursday. Wolves will be within 1 point by the time we kick off. 

They're not going to find it too hard to finish above us with our level of performances, remaining games and theirs.

No way do we lose against Sheff United now. That Bournemouth result is gonna be a blessing in disguise, just the kick up the arse the players needed. I'm confident that we will finish 4th and if that happens, a lot of people on here are gonna feel very silly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

So after last night we need to win our next two games to take us to 65, if we do this we could benefit from man utd also winning their next 2 before we play, then we would need Liverpool to beat Chelsea, that way, even if Chelsea beat Norwich tonight they will be on 63 going into last game, and if they beat wolves then will finish on 66.  Which means we can play for a draw in out last game to take us and man utd to 66 and both guarantee top 4 thanks to our goal difference being superior, currently we are + 29, man utd +26 and Chelsea only +14. So they would need to put 15 goals on Norwich and wolves combined, assuming they lose to Liverpool, as we would move to +31 minimum if we win our next 2, and man utd would move to +28 minimum if they win their next 2, and if Chelsea lose to Liverpool they would go to +13. 0-0 final game will suit me, if this is the case and take 3rd too.

Sounds like a superb scenario which is sadly based on conjecture & clutching at straws. What will be will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Wolves and Sheffield United will finish ahead of us. 

It's over lads. 

Europa League it is. I’m quite up for this tbf. Just want us to put in some fighting performances in the last three games, get as many points as possible (even draws) and get Vardy his golden boot

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No way do we lose against Sheff United now. That Bournemouth result is gonna be a blessing in disguise, just the kick up the arse the players needed. I'm confident that we will finish 4th and if that happens, a lot of people on here are gonna feel very silly.

If we get 4th from here, it’ll be 1 of the greatest achievements ever. There’s absolutely no chance in reality.

If our last 3 fixtures were Watford(H),A Villa(A),Norwich(H) I’d still not back us although I’d be slightly optimistic but with our fixtures and our competitors fixtures, it will be an absolute miracle if we’re somehow ahead.

Bournemouth game killed us. That’s why I said it was the worst 2 minutes in our history. If we had just held on against lowly Bournemouth we’d be in good shape now and it’s just such a waste it actually makes me angry how we’ve thrown it away 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

We can all hope but I don't see it happening. I think we will hang on to 5th, just about.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If we get 4th from here, it’ll be 1 of the greatest achievements ever. There’s absolutely no chance in reality.

If our last 3 fixtures were Watford(H),A Villa(A),Norwich(H) I’d still not back us although I’d be slightly optimistic but with our fixtures and our competitors fixtures, it will be an absolute miracle if we’re somehow ahead.

Bournemouth game killed us. That’s why I said it was the worst 2 minutes in our history. If we had just held on against lowly Bournemouth we’d be in good shape now and it’s just such a waste it actually makes me angry how we’ve thrown it away 

We're already 4th so I strongly disagree with the first sentence. We have every chance of finishing top 4.

It's also not even close to the worst two minutes in the last decade, let alone our entire history.

12 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

We're already 4th so I strongly disagree with the first sentence. We have every chance of finishing top 4.

It's also not even close to the worst two minutes in the last decade, let alone our entire history.

I disagree we have ‘every chance’ . We have about 5% in reality so I stick by my first sentence.

It’s a game of opinions, That’s just my opinion. Maybe I can’t really comment post 1992 bit since I’ve been following religiously , that 2 minutes I felt was the worst I’ve ever witnessed. I fear the consequences.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

I have a £10 that both don't finish above us?