Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Theory, draw with Man Utd final game

So after last night we need to win our next two games to take us to 65, if we do this we could benefit from man utd also winning their next 2 before we play, then we would need Liverpool to beat Chelsea, that way, even if Chelsea beat Norwich tonight they will be on 63 going into last game, and if they beat wolves then will finish on 66.  Which means we can play for a draw in out last game to take us and man utd to 66 and both guarantee top 4 thanks to our goal difference being superior, currently we are + 29, man utd +26 and Chelsea only +14. So they would need to put 15 goals on Norwich and wolves combined, assuming they lose to Liverpool, as we would move to +31 minimum if we win our next 2, and man utd would move to +28 minimum if they win their next 2, and if Chelsea lose to Liverpool they would go to +13. 0-0 final game will suit me, if this is the case and take 3rd too.

Edited by lcfcfoz

8 minutes ago, shade said:

we'll genuinely be lucky to take 2 points the way we've been playing, I'm not normally hyperbolic but it's over, accept it.

Potentially 1 more point will do. If chelsea lose next 3, and wolves would have to not win against burnley and palace.

Or 2 points would do if chelsea lose next 3, and wolves lose to either Burnley or palace. Or if chelsea lose next 2 and draw with wolves, and wolves fail to beat either burnely or palace.

• Haha 4

If a draw against Man Utd will suffice for CL qualification, then I’m afraid we will be doomed.

Claude Rodgers will set up to defend for 90 minutes, and we’ll probably lose via a VAR PK in the 95th minute.

PS: Would hate to see a smug Slabhead leave the KP with ‘our’ CL ticket in his back pocket. :nono:

3 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

So after last night we need to win our next two games to take us to 65, if we do this we could benefit from man utd also winning their next 2 before we play, then we would need Liverpool to beat Chelsea, that way, even if Chelsea beat Norwich tonight they will be on 63 going into last game, and if they beat wolves then will finish on 66.  Which means we can play for a draw in out last game to take us and man utd to 66 and both guarantee top 4 thanks to our goal difference being superior, currently we are + 29, man utd +26 and Chelsea only +14. So they would need to put 15 goals on Norwich and wolves combined, assuming they lose to Liverpool, as we would move to +31 minimum if we win our next 2, and man utd would move to +28 minimum if they win their next 2, and if Chelsea lose to Liverpool they would go to +13. 0-0 final game will suit me, if this is the case and take 3rd too.

Too many ifs ... including that Man Utd will not further reduce or even do better with GD if they win by bigger margins than us in the next two games in your very optimistic scenario.

It's the Europa league and we know it. But here's the thing. If you had a time machine and travelled back to meet an 18 year old me, stood in pen 4 with acres of room either side of me , watching us lose to Plymouth argyle , i would have laughed my head off. Yes the Bournemouth game was bad., but so was Harlow town , Wycombe and the entire David Pleat era. It's a great time to be a fox :scarf:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shade said:

we'll genuinely be lucky to take 2 points the way we've been playing, I'm not normally hyperbolic but it's over, accept it.

It's far from over.

IIRC we're still 4th.

Grow a pair man and accept we may have took a beating and been dropped a couple of times but it's still the 10th round and we're ahead on points.

2 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

If a draw against Man Utd will suffice for CL qualification, then I’m afraid we will be doomed.

Claude Rodgers will set up to defend for 90 minutes, and we’ll probably lose via a VAR PK in the 95th minute.

PS: Would hate to see a smug Slabhead leave the KP with ‘our’ CL ticket in his back pocket. :nono:

Why would you be surprised, you've basically just dropped your trousers, bent over and offered yourself up. Of course with that attitude you're going to be buggered.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Europa League is far from guaranteed given the games we have left. 0 or 1 more point for us is a likely outcome.

no way is 0 or 1 a likely outcome.

City are given 45% chance of beating Sheff Utd alone, add on the chances of beating spurs or man utd and it is well over 60%

So all in all, although possible not likely.

• Haha 1