Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Todd Cantwell

Who gives a shit what he looks like?!? 

The game has changed. Live with it. 

This lad has talent and is a similar to Maddison. My only opinion is where would he fit in? He’d be worth having, however he’s not displacing a first team player now. 

We need wide players and people that can go past people. Freakish can do that, this lad can’t. 

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

So it's official. The three main factors to consider before signing a player are

His Haircut, shinpads, and celebrations. Unless we approve of all these: The answer is no.

The way it bloody should be, honestly folk want us to sustain this top 6 push year in year out, and we're being linked with someone who looks like they'd play a bit part at best in a newer series of Made In Chelsea.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me Cantwell, Pukki, Godfrey or Buendia would be decent signings.

They’ve been part of the worst Premier League teams in living memory. Pukki hasn’t scored since last year. Godfrey is part of a back four which leaks goals all over the place. Buendia I think there is something genuinely there. 

I don’t get the urge to sign these players. Evans and Maguire had far more experience of the top flight when we signed them. A stronger proven record 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They’ve been part of the worst Premier League teams in living memory. Pukki hasn’t scored since last year. Godfrey is part of a back four which leaks goals all over the place. Buendia I think there is something genuinely there. 

I don’t get the urge to sign these players. Evans and Maguire had far more experience of the top flight when we signed them. A stronger proven record 

Someone will snap up Mings for big money too and soon realise what a horrible mistake they've made

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I'd take Puki, he'd thrive in a good team. 

Hmmm I’m not convinced you know. He’s a real confidence player and he started the season well because he killed it in the championship but he’s looked very average for a while now.

If we were to get a ridiculous offer for Maddison, I’d think he’d be a decent replacement. Plays anywhere behind the strikers, has flair and can score goals from

midfield which is something we can always improve on in the quest of replacing mahrez! I think he’d suit European football with his skill set as well.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd take Puki, he'd thrive in a good team. 

If he was available for £5m tops let’s say I’d say he’s worth a go but I think he likes being the main man at Norwich and is likely to light up the championship again next season under their rebuild with all the funds they’ll get for all their overhyped players who apparently are all very good or promising but couldn’t keep them up?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he played for a good side then? 

Flopped at Schalke and Sevilla and, to be honest, even flopped at Celtic. 

He's just not very good. He had a purple patch at the start of the season and that's about it. 

Also, keep in mind he's 30. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Has he played for a good side then? 

Sevilla, Celtic and Schalke. 

Sevilla couldn’t break through. Celtic you’d be expected thirty odd goals given their dominance. Schalke are a decent Bundesliga team. 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

If he was available for £5m tops let’s say I’d say he’s worth a go but I think he likes being the main man at Norwich and is likely to light up the championship again next season under their rebuild with all the funds they’ll get for all their overhyped players who apparently are all very good or promising but couldn’t keep them up?

I think 5 million is a bit low, probably closer to 10. I don't think he'll l be at Norwich next season. Somebody in the prem will take a chance on him. 

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

So it's official. The three main factors to consider before signing a player are

His Haircut, shinpads, and celebrations. Unless we approve of all these: The answer is no.

i think that sums it up quite nicely - was there anything we've missed?

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I can HELP YOU WITH TODAY? - Call Center ...

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think 5 million is a bit low, probably closer to 10. I don't think he'll l be at Norwich next season. Somebody in the prem will take a chance on him. 

Perhaps it is but I don’t think we as a club will pay much more than £5m for a 30 year old striker, someone like Newcastle probs would or Leeds