Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Todd Cantwell

Confident lively player who was a threat when he played against us. I think he would be a good addition and will get a few goals as well.He won't be cheap but he is young and I would be in favour.  I'm pretty sure the manager will have spoken to Maddison about him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

So it's official. The three main factors to consider before signing a player are

His Haircut, shinpads, and celebrations. Unless we approve of all these: The answer is no.

^Ladies and gentleman, I present to you our new Head of Recruitment!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Could just be sour grapes but many over this way have been saying long before their relegation that he would be no big loss, style over substance 90% of the time.

Don't shoot the messenger lol

Sounds like Maddison....

People seem to think we are going to be throwing big money around this summer are going to be disappointed in my view, unless we sale Chilwell.

We need to find value in the market, at a decent price this lad could prove to be a good signing.

6 goals and 2 assist in a struggling side at the bottom of the table, compare well to Maddison 6 goals and 3 assists in a team fight for the CL spots!

His scored against the better sides, Chelsea, Wolves, Man City, Arsenal etc.

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I quite like Cantwell and he would undoubtedly improve under our coaching but I'm not convinced he's quite what we need. I think we need to invest on the wings and up front.

Generally plays LM or RM so would strength us in wide areas 

Edited by coolhandfox

I think about how other fans seem to see Gray, and wonder if the same 'skewed sample' is at play with attitudes to Cantwell. 

The aggregated opinion of people who watch him for 90 minutes, game after game, might be instructive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Dont rate Cantwell as highly as most here seem to. Wonder if perceptions skewed a bit by the attention he got at beginning of season when he bagged a few goals. 

Seems decent technically and works hard, but would rather try and sign a wide man with a bit of x factor. Not sure Cantwell would ever be a game changer, nor immediately and significantly improve our starting xi, which is what we need from a wide man imo. 

Pretty much agree with this.

I don't really buy the link, I just don't see us buying another player who plays fairly advanced through the middle. Tielemans, Madders and to a lesser extent Praet are all best quite high up the pitch, why would we add another player in the same mould who doesn't improve us? And that's before you factor in Perez, Barnes and Gray, none of whom are really wingers but often play in wide positions for us.

I just don't see it at all.

I’d be happy signing him but in all

honesty, and I hate myself because he’s a nobber, Id rather sign Grealish. I honestly think Grealish is a better player than Cantwel, Maddison, Mount, etc. He’s like Morrisey or Mel Gisbson, an absolute twat but annoyingly really fvcking good. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fosse93 said:

If we're to sign a winger from Norwich I'd rather us go for Hernandez, we need wide players who can take it past a man.

Think Cantwell is overrated personally. 

Hernandez has struggled to even get into the Norwich team, never really impressed me when ive seen him playing, championship player at best in my opinion

Maybe we should just steer clear of any Norwich players, we probably should be targeting a higher quality of player if we want to stay up and around the top 6 in the coming years. 

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I’d be happy signing him but in all

honesty, and I hate myself because he’s a nobber, Id rather sign Grealish. I honestly think Grealish is a better player than Cantwel, Maddison, Mount, etc. He’s like Morrisey or Mel Gisbson, an absolute twat but annoyingly really fvcking good. X 

If we could get him to stay on his feet then I would agree with you 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, notnow john said:

We've never had a player that wears an Alice band,

lets keep it that way !

Lilian Nalis, Muzzy Izzet...

16 hours ago, Midlands yellow said:

You won’t get the bargain like you did with Maddison. Norwich are awful but ironically have players worth decent Money. This time the club are not desperate to sell to survive so like yourselves with Maguire Norwich will play hardball and demand a big fee. 

Agreed but then your better players are not going to be happy with championship football after tasting the prem. I think you'll lose more than you think.

19 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Rather have Buendia

Comfortably the most over rated player in the league.

The amount of times he gives the ball away in his own half is unacceptable for any top flight team. He has no awareness of the game around him.

• Like 2

I really like Cantwell. His touch and dribbling ability as well as passing is something we simply don't have in wide areas. He's the sort of player we need to control more games.

I was extremely impressed when Norwich came down to the KP. He barely gave the ball away all game  which is something Barnes, Gray, Albrighton and Perez do regularly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MPH said:

Yes this kind of signing has our ethos written all over it. young, hungry, room to improve and a decent price. We’d probably get him for 20 million or less.

The price,will be the Big asset,then See if we can developed his talent...

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

The price,will be the Big asset,then See if we can developed his talent...

he’ll probably end up being maddison’s replacement in a couple of years... ala soyuncu/ maguire