Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

20 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Maybe we’ll turn up for a big game for a change, really do hope so, hate Man U and all the Leicester Reds who keep popping up.

Slab head own goal in the last minute will do.

Could you imagine the meltdown on twitter by the Man Utd fans if he did. lol

They already think we've had their pants down on the fee and that would be the final straw. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think our only hope is Chelsea lose both of theirs and we scrape a draw against United. I just can't see us beating United. They will definitely score goals, so we need the indifferent shooting boots to match them. 3-3 with a Vardy golden boot winning trick!!

I just don't understand this line of thought.

Man Utd aren't like Barcelona 2008. We have every chance of beating these if we get the rub of the green.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I just don't understand this line of thought.

Man Utd aren't like Barcelona 2008. We have every chance of beating these if we get the rub of the green.

I just don't get your line of thought. We have the meeting of a form attacking line-up Vs a 2nd string defence. That to me, is not the stuff of dreams. I hope I'm wrong.

I wish people would stop with this 'mentally weak, they don't care' mantra. It's pure conjecture, and far more complex than that anyway. Goodness knows what has gone on. We have a lot of inexperienced players (at the top end anyway) and we've been unlucky with injuries and refereeing calls. Have we been great? Not for a while no, but had we had any sort of consistency by the refs & VAR, we might well have enough now.

And YES, of course I can easily see the games we might/should/ought to have won, despite all of that. And for all that, we STILL might make it!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Well no, if utd lose to West Ham (Slim chance I know), we only need a draw to claim 4th

I see where your coming from of course, but having seen the way we have defended and played recently, if we go out with the mindset of a draw will do, I can see us getting absolutely smashed, I hope im wrong obviously

• Like 1

Evans cleans up Rashford, Gary Neville says "ooooh" and they score the resulting penalty. 

We get a blatant Maguire handball turned down without even being looked at on VAR. 

We lose 0-3 and can't even use VAR as an excuse.

Martin Tyler makes more shit lockdown jokes and Maguire gets man of the match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I just don't get your line of thought. We have the meeting of a form attacking line-up Vs a 2nd string defence. That to me, is not the stuff of dreams. I hope I'm wrong.

They are long overdue a defeat in the league, two losses tomorrow and Sunday would be delightful.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

How does that work? They have the same goal difference as us now

If they win tomorrow by 1-2 goals then any win for us means we will overtake them as we have scored more goals than them. Unless they beat West Ham 5-3 and we only beat Man Utd 1-0 and then it would be a CL playoff against them. If they win by 3 or 4 or more then Ricey us correct we would have to win by 2 goals to pip them.

I would drop the three CB plan. Play Evans, Morgan and the two young FBs. I then play either Praet/Mendy or Fro alongside Ndidi, with Youri slightly ahead. We need to defend deep and be really disciplined to deny space. We need to park the bus like Villa did to us in the cup. We then hit the feckers on the break with rockets Vardy & Barnes

Bit dangerous playing two slow centre backs and two inexperienced full backs. Three at the back is more solid with what we have, making it a five when needed. Doubt this is in Brendan's playbook but there's always a first time.

Just now, l444ry said:

Bit dangerous playing two slow centre backs and two inexperienced full backs. Three at the back is more solid with what we have, making it a five when needed. Doubt this is in Brendan's playbook but there's always a first time.

I'd only play those 3 CBs if the young FB boys tuck in and don't venture forwards. The space around or between the 3 slow feckers scares me to death.

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'd only play those 3 CBs if the young FB boys tuck in and don't venture forwards. The space around or between the 3 slow feckers scares me to death.

Wouldn't pick Bennett. Would be Justin, Wes and Evans. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Id do that. Have the young lad at left wingback and maybe Praet at right wing back? Justin would add a bit of mobility and cover for Wes.

Would prefer Albrighton if he's fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wish people would stop with this 'mentally weak, they don't care' mantra. It's pure conjecture, and far more complex than that anyway. Goodness knows what has gone on. We have a lot of inexperienced players (at the top end anyway) and we've been unlucky with injuries and refereeing calls. Have we been great? Not for a while no, but had we had any sort of consistency by the refs & VAR, we might well have enough now.

And YES, of course I can easily see the games we might/should/ought to have won, despite all of that. And for all that, we STILL might make it!

I had never seen a team concede an equaliser with 20 minutes left of the game and then completely give up.

This group of players did exactly that at Dean Court. One of them kicked the shit out of an opposition forward in frustration, the rest were mentally shot at the thought they would have to go and score another goal to win the game.

Yes, there are lots of other reasons why we've done shit in other games, but you can't deny we've bottled big games this season.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I had never seen a team concede an equaliser with 20 minutes left of the game and then completely give up.

This group of players did exactly that at Dean Court. One of them kicked the shit out of an opposition forward in frustration, the rest were mentally shot at the thought they would have to go and score another goal to win the game.

Yes, there are lots of other reasons why we've done shit in other games, but you can't deny we've bottled big games this season.

There could be so many other factors involved. Your perception might be right, of course, I concede that. Maybe exhaustion was catching up with them, and the goal was the tipping point (that's my feeling on the matter). 

Guest ttfn
56 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

There could be so many other factors involved. Your perception might be right, of course, I concede that. Maybe exhaustion was catching up with them, and the goal was the tipping point (that's my feeling on the matter). 

Of course you may be right about Bournemouth but the sheer number of decisive late goals we’ve conceded since Christmas suggests either a physical or mental fragility.

Since the start of the year, we’ve conceded equalisers or winners in the last 15 minutes against:

Southampton

Burnley

Villa (cup)

Man City

Watford

If you push it out to the last 20 minutes you could add Chelsea and Norwich to that list too.

Of course we scored late at Arsenal against 10

men but that is the only decisive goal we’ve scored even remotely late on since Iheanacho’s winner against Everton at the start of December.

There are good reasons for the team being “mentally weak” as others have put it - it’s quite a young squad for one. My suspicion is that it’s a physical thing as much as a mental one, which is certainly a justifiable excuse now but less so over a 20+ game stretch.