Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

I guess the players / management will be watching Wednesday’s games with interest. Either way we have to focus on ourselves and not rely on other teams, beat Manchester United by x amount of goals (hopefully one or two minimum) and we are in the champions league. That should be our sole focus.

Come on City!

I'm just still annoyed that we shipped 3 yesterday and opened up the possibility of needing to beat Utd by 2 goals. Our goal difference was 14 goals better than theirs going into the restart!

I'm even more annoyed that we looked happy with the 3-0 at the end of yesterdays match. Rodgers even referenced that they didn't want to concede the 4th.

Could be very costly.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I'm just still annoyed that we shipped 3 yesterday and opened up the possibility of needing to beat Utd by 2 goals. Our goal difference was 14 goals better than theirs going into the restart!

I'm even more annoyed that we looked happy with the 3-0 at the end of yesterdays match. Rodgers even referenced that they didn't want to concede the 4th.

Could be very costly.

There's so many annoying and careless moments recently, not only in goals shipped but chances missed ourselves. Harvey Barnes 2nd miss vs Sheffield Utd is beggars belief, as was Iheanacho's vs Everton which not to mention would have given us an extra point.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-claims-leicester-city-4343264

Brendan Rodgers claims Leicester City have 'fantastic chance' against Man Utd despite Spurs defeat

ByJordan BlackwellJamie Kemble
19:44, 19 JUL 2020UPDATED21:34, 19 JUL 2020

Leicester City’s season rests on a make-or-break game against Manchester United, and Brendan Rodgers has said his side will be “all in” for what is a "perfect" fixture.

City lost 3-0 to Tottenham on Sunday to leave them hanging onto a top-four spot. Provided United beat West Ham in midweek, Rodgers’ men will have to claim victory on the final day to qualify for the Champions League.

The City boss said his side were leggy against Spurs, owing to their tough encounter with Sheffield United on Thursday, and he was grateful for a week-long rest ahead of City’s biggest game since they were last in the Champions League.

"I don't want to be too negative,” he said. “We go into a game next week with a fantastic chance to get into the Champions League.

Want the biggest City stories straight to your inbox? Sign up at the top of this story or follow instructions here
“It will be absolutely perfect. It will be all in. The players have been fantastic, and we’ve got one last opportunity. Whatever the result was today, we needed a result next week.

"We need to draw on everything. For media and telly and everything, it's an incredible turn-out that that's the last game with so much on it.

“We've had two tough games. We need to get away and get a bit of recovery.”

Rodgers is also aware that if City fall short, it will be seen as a disappointment by many, given their 14-point cushion inside the top four in December.

“I always felt that no matter how well you do, there will always be disappointment,” he added. “Others will be gratified with the work done over the past 17 months to be in this position. I know there will be both feelings.

“The players, what they've done in the past 17 months, to put themselves in this position, it's brilliant.

"The league is always over 38 games. It’s not just 20 games, that’s why with you guys I was always cautious. We had a fantastic first half of the season, but had some inconsistencies since.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

88th minute:

Gray (who came on as a sub on the 85th minute), executes his 67th step over before slipping Vardy in to get a dramatic late winner, surely securing 4th place and bagging himself Premier League Top Goalscorer. 

89th minute: 

VAR rules the goal out as Kelechi’s tongue is in an offside position. He was unable to keep it under control inside his mouth and as such it was obstructing De Gea’s vision.
Another clear and obvious decision goes Utd’s way.  

90th minute:

Utd win a corner. 
It’s whipped in by Fernandez as Slab Head loses his man (Papy Mendy) to glance it over Kasper into the far corner. Just like a Super Stevie Howard throwback. 
Kasper kicks the ball over the roof and is subsequently yellow carded. He calls the ref a cûnt, gets a second yellow. We haven’t chosen a GK on the bench so Youri goes in goal. 

6 minutes added.

We bring on Hirst for Wilf.  
He doesn’t touch the ball. 

It finishes LCFC 0 - 1 UTD.

Brendan comes out to say he’s proud of what we’ve achieved this season. Europa Football was always the main goal, even when we were comfortably safe in 3rd position. 

The bin heads (including me) go full-bin on the radio phone in. 

The snowflakes start to get offended for no reason. 

We all enter the 9 stages of grief. 

SNOWFLAKES !!!!   I am Coming at you with a blizzard...Drifts & Glaciers,ice-flows...icebergs, plus I'll throw in an ice-cream ,& Cornetto...

Also for no particular reason, other than I Don t like the Lack of anger-management in petal supporters, pretending to be hardnosed pundits...:giggle:

Assuming the worst case scenario (Man Utd absolutely walloping West Ham) doesn't happen, and we just need any victory, i'd abandon the 5 at the back and go

Schmeichel

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Thomas

Ndidi

Choudhury

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

We simply can't play Bennett against their front 3. I'd add more midfield protection and specifically mobility (Hence Hamza over Mendy or Praet) to cover the back 4 whilst trying to disrupt Pogba/Fernandes. Keep it tight, and look to play on the counter.

Gray is unlucky to miss out instead of Barnes, but Barnes has got a goal in him and gets into more dangerous areas than Gray.

• Like 3

Schmeichel

Justin

Ndidi

Evans

Thomas

Praet

Choudhury

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

This looks more capable of handling their front three.

8 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Schmeichel

Justin

Ndidi

Evans

Thomas

Praet

Choudhury

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

This looks more capable of handling their front three.

What's this obsession with Ndidi at CB? He's never played there for us and I'm sure it's for a good reason. Playing him there for the first time in such an important match, against one of the best attacks in the league isn't wise.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, martyn said:

Assuming the worst case scenario (Man Utd absolutely walloping West Ham) doesn't happen, and we just need any victory, i'd abandon the 5 at the back and go

Schmeichel

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Thomas

Ndidi

Choudhury

Tielemans

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

We simply can't play Bennett against their front 3. I'd add more midfield protection and specifically mobility (Hence Hamza over Mendy or Praet) to cover the back 4 whilst trying to disrupt Pogba/Fernandes. Keep it tight, and look to play on the counter.

Gray is unlucky to miss out instead of Barnes, but Barnes has got a goal in him and gets into more dangerous areas than Gray.

I agree with this.

To add, stop Fernandes and you stop Utd. More aggression needed, so who better than Choudhury (but he needs to have his head on and not get sent off!)

Although they have great pace up top, if you cut off their supply, there’s nothing for them to run onto. We need a super disciplined display from Wes, Evans and most importantly the full backs.

Basically, everyone needs to be on top of their own game. 

As always, a fast start and an early goal can win a game. 

18 minutes ago, Ricey said:

What's this obsession with Ndidi at CB? He's never played there for us and I'm sure it's for a good reason. Playing him there for the first time in such an important match, against one of the best attacks in the league isn't wise.

Its not obsession first and foremost. Plus he has played there before at Genk.  Dad's Army will get slaughtered in this one, in such an important match against one of the best attacks in the league. 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Could be very costly.

We just don't have the right mentality and Rodgers seems to perpetuate this negative losers approach. 

I'd give Vardy the captaincy for Saturday and get him to make the team talk to dispel any of this negative nonsense. 

We need to go at them not be lambs to the slaughter 

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I agree with this.

To add, stop Fernandes and you stop Utd. More aggression needed, so who better than Choudhury (but he needs to have his head on and not get sent off!)

Although they have great pace up top, if you cut off their supply, there’s nothing for them to run onto. We need a super disciplined display from Wes, Evans and most importantly the full backs.

Basically, everyone needs to be on top of their own game. 

As always, a fast start and an early goal can win a game. 

Choudhury is a guaranteed red card against Man United.

2 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Although feeling like it's definitely not going to happen, we've got a couple of things going into the final game going in our favour:

- Chelsea have to play Liverpool - Liverpool having had some poor results recently will surely want to end the season on a high note. Assuming Chelsea don't win, and Wolves beat Palace tonight, Chelsea vs Wolves will be an interesting final game for them. Wolves beating Palace tonight would have them leapfrog Spurs into 6th, with a Europa League spot to play for on Sunday when they face Chelsea

- Chelsea and Man United play their 37th games on Wednesday, so we'll have had 3 extra days rest/preparation going in to the final match. Also, a chance either/both squads pick up injuries

- Somehow if West Ham manage to beat Man United on Wednesday (stranger things have happened) then a draw on Sunday will still secure us 4th

A lot of ifs and buts, but we're somehow still not quite out of this

Liverpool will also surely want to win also as it's their last home game and will have the trophy presentation after the game Wednesday

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Choudhury is a guaranteed red card against Man United.

Of course he is as he his disciplinary record clearly shows that.

1 red and just 3 yellow I believe which hardly makes him a walking red card.

• Like 1

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

Think realistically there's only one way we can win this. I'd go with

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Kante

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy.

Hit them on the counter, 1-0. Thanks for coming. 

I think that team easily wins ..... which says a fair bit about the current one (mainly due to injury) and more importantly, Man Utd !!

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Yes the evidence is not just overwhelming that we stand a chance but indisputable. 

You obviously have no concept of probability. 

I appreciate that sections of the fans will still be optimistic, and I understand it will be like a cup final. But with United's fire power and our patched up defense it surely wont end well? They will only need to come out the blocks at 100mph and the game could well be over in twenty minutes. From what I have seen so far, particularly since losing Chilly and Cags any half decent attack is taking us to the cleaners. It is going to take a mammoth effort to even get a point against united, three of our most influential players are out. I would love to be proven wrong, I'd walk around high cross bollock naked if it meant we would win. I have let hope get the better of me too many times in the past, I'd rather expect the worst and take anything else as a bonus! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I appreciate that sections of the fans will still be optimistic, and I understand it will be like a cup final. But with United's fire power and our patched up defense it surely wont end well? They will only need to come out the blocks at 100mph and the game could well be over in twenty minutes. From what I have seen so far, particularly since losing Chilly and Cags any half decent attack is taking us to the cleaners. It is going to take a mammoth effort to even get a point against united, three of our most influential players are out. I would love to be proven wrong, I'd walk around high cross bollock naked if it meant we would win. I have let hope get the better of me too many times in the past, I'd rather expect the worst and take anything else as a bonus! 

But we are fans... we hope... and so thats why winning is so good