Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I appreciate that sections of the fans will still be optimistic, and I understand it will be like a cup final. But with United's fire power and our patched up defense it surely wont end well? They will only need to come out the blocks at 100mph and the game could well be over in twenty minutes. From what I have seen so far, particularly since losing Chilly and Cags any half decent attack is taking us to the cleaners. It is going to take a mammoth effort to even get a point against united, three of our most influential players are out. I would love to be proven wrong, I'd walk around high cross bollock naked if it meant we would win. I have let hope get the better of me too many times in the past, I'd rather expect the worst and take anything else as a bonus! 

I wouldn't say I'm incredibly optimistic about us qualifying just that we are in with a reasonable chance.

Talking in absolutes one way or the other is ridiculous.

I'm trying to be positive and a Man Utd win on Wednesday by less than three goals is a great result for us. Also the last fixture of Leicester vs Man Utd looked a bad one for us but now is a perfect one as we will have our fate in our own hands. One last push lads..........................

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

A 'Man United fan' from Melton.. has just came in work saying about the big game next week when we're both working during the game..

Can't bear it. I'm not stable enough for this.

Try and relax. View it as a one off bonus game to see how far we can over achieve.

Bennett and poor Thomas can't be allowed anywhere near the starting xi. 

I'd stick Justin at LB (thro gritted teeth as he too is way way out of his depth) and anyone, literally any competent midfielder at RB (Choudhury or Mendy) to complete a makeshift back four. 

Their lack of positional sense is a least covered by the fact they are good enough to play at this level.

Add an extra midfielder alongside Wilf and shove tielemans higher up where his little slide passes can do some damage

Kasper

Hamza       Evan's          Morgan       justin

N'didi

Youri                         Praet

Perez                   Vardy                       Barnes

Edited by dnewty
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Think realistically there's only one way we can win this. I'd go with

Schmeichel

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Mahrez

Kante

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy.

Hit them on the counter, 1-0. Thanks for coming. 

Manchester Utd might anticipate this and select Best, Law and Charlton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I dont think we'll win,but I think this arrangement suits us purely because we need to play for the win, if a draw had been enough we'd have played into their hands. I think Ole might park it as well, their counter will be an issue, I think drop the 3 imo. Big Wes & Evans. Wouldn't even be that against two DMs. We need to be able to keep Matic out the game because hes more essential than Pogba and Penandes imo

It aint gonna happen but i'd much prefer this match to be played WITHOUT VAR. Some of the recent decisions that have gone Man. U's way have been, frankly, ludicrous. It really makes one wonder just how much influence they have. Does Alex Ferguson have Stockley Park on speed dial ?! :cool: 

Has to be a back four for this. If we play wing-backs then Rashford and Greenwood will get in behind them and have space to run at Bennett and Evans. I'm also not really sure an extra central defender is going to help a great deal when we know their biggest threats are Fernandes in the middle and the wide players. We'd be better off having an extra central midfielder to cut off passing lines and give Pogba and Fernandes as little time as possible on the ball.

Schmeichel

Justin - Morgan - Evans - Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans     Praet

Perez                      Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

I kinda got a weird feeling that if Man Utd only need a draw it might suit us more. That negative mindset of not needing to win as messed up better teams than Utd. Barcelona last season springs to mind. I’m just praying any win will be good enough. 

with Var present the lads have no chance 

they could score 6 on sunday and they would all be ruled out for VAR, and we all know why.

we have seen in recent weeks whats going on you dont have to blind to see it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Kasper

Justin.   N'didi.    Evans.    Thomas

Hamza.    Mendy

Perez    tielemens    Praet 

Vardy

I know this may generate a few laughs but i think desperate times call for desperate measures. I really don't think Wes or Bennett are playable on Sunday, i don't see why Wilf couldn't do a job as centre half, he has pace, can stick his head on it, can make a tackle so why not? I think we need to be aggressive, let them have the ball, sit deep, gain possession and quickly break, i think this is the best side we have for the job.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We’ll get destroyed in midfield without Ndidi there, and Mendy and Hamza together won’t be able to get out of our own half with them two on the ball. 

Wes should start with Bennett out, Morgan might be able to inspire a few of the shrinking violets to come out their shells and give it their all

with the pace of the game I'm not so sure tbh, and i'm not thinking about that tip tappy football, i'm thinking more direct. Think about what spurs did to us on Sunday.

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I know this may generate a few laughs but i think desperate times call for desperate measures. I really don't think Wes or Bennett are playable on Sunday, i don't see why Wilf couldn't do a job as centre half, he has pace, can stick his head on it, can make a tackle so why not? I think we need to be aggressive, let them have the ball, sit deep, gain possession and quickly break, i think this is the best side we have for the job.

Hamza and mendy as a 2 though is horrific, I could maybe get on board with ndidi in a 3 with tilly and praet in a 2 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hamza and mendy as a 2 though is horrific, I could maybe get on board with ndidi in a 3 with tilly and praet in a 2 

I'm thinking aggressive, breaking up Utd possession and playing on the break. Hamza can ruffle a few feathers, mendy can stick in a tackle. I don't think it's the day for pretty football tbh, we ain't going to pass it through Utd and if we try it'll be Spurs and worse. I love Wes but he really struggled against Spurs, I think Utd will have a field day with him sadly. 

23 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm thinking aggressive, breaking up Utd possession and playing on the break. Hamza can ruffle a few feathers, mendy can stick in a tackle. I don't think it's the day for pretty football tbh, we ain't going to pass it through Utd and if we try it'll be Spurs and worse. I love Wes but he really struggled against Spurs, I think Utd will have a field day with him sadly. 

We arent going to play on the break against man united lol

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We arent going to play on the break against man united lol

I know we aren't, we're going to play how we did against Spurs I would imagine, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a back 3 either as BR said he thought it had been effective when asked about it post match conference, and we'll very likely get smashed and told we've done well to be in the top 5, hope I'm wrong

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's so many annoying and careless moments recently, not only in goals shipped but chances missed ourselves. Harvey Barnes 2nd miss vs Sheffield Utd is beggars belief, as was Iheanacho's vs Everton which not to mention would have given us an extra point.

I know it goes back further than the 2 incidents you have mentioned here, but my mind can't help but think back to the 2-2 draw with Chelsea. The Barnes miss when Vardy played him in with that cross from the right, one on one with the keeper & he somehow rolled it just the wrong side of the post. And perhaps an even worse miss was Evans, completely unmarked in the middle of the goal 5 yards out & headed over. A victory in that game would have given us 2 more points over Chelsea & them 1 less. So a 3 point swing, which as it happens turned out to be crucial.