Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

8 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Of course you may be right about Bournemouth but the sheer number of decisive late goals we’ve conceded since Christmas suggests either a physical or mental fragility.

Since the start of the year, we’ve conceded equalisers or winners in the last 15 minutes against:

Southampton

Burnley

Villa (cup)

Man City

Watford

If you push it out to the last 20 minutes you could add Chelsea and Norwich to that list too.

Of course we scored late at Arsenal against 10

men but that is the only decisive goal we’ve scored even remotely late on since Iheanacho’s winner against Everton at the start of December.

There are good reasons for the team being “mentally weak” as others have put it - it’s quite a young squad for one. My suspicion is that it’s a physical thing as much as a mental one, which is certainly a justifiable excuse now but less so over a 20+ game stretch.

All very fair points. We've both missed out confidence, which I think got battered against Man C and Liverpool - I would say the signs of tiredness were there at home to Watford and Norwich, so I think quite a few players have been on the edge for some time, I particularly remember Maddison being absolutely goosed at the end of Watford at home.

Worst part will be Sky waxing lyrical that Manchester United with multiple million pounds spend achieve 4th. 

That they are in this position is another sign of how poorly a club of that size is ran and managed. It shouldn’t be a point of celebration but the minimum 

5 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

We should just go all out Sunday because there is no way we won’t concede. Just try and out score them 😂 I’d take another 5-3 Jamie Vardy masterclass. 

Great if history could repeat itself. Up the City!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'd only play those 3 CBs if the young FB boys tuck in and don't venture forwards. The space around or between the 3 slow feckers scares me to death.

James Justin has played on the right of a back three for England U21's before. If Albrighton is back fit that could be an option?

• Like 2

Although 30 to go in the villa game, the 1st goal means such a lot. 

Teams can sit deep and counter and they can be so hard to break down. 

Our South Coast disaster was such a disappointment and will haunt us for a while yet unless we can pull off a shock on Sunday 

29 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That time of the week where I start asking “what if” again. Going to miss this next week. Whatever happens tomorrow or Sunday, it’s great to be part of these scenarios. Never in my Leicester supporting life did I think we’d win the league. Never did I think we’d be involved with the “big” teams again in massive games such as this. Despite the downturn in form post Christmas, it’s great to see our name up there again.

But so tough to see us unable to compete to our capability due to injuries .....

53 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That time of the week where I start asking “what if” again. Going to miss this next week. Whatever happens tomorrow or Sunday, it’s great to be part of these scenarios. Never in my Leicester supporting life did I think we’d win the league. Never did I think we’d be involved with the “big” teams again in massive games such as this. Despite the downturn in form post Christmas, it’s great to see our name up there again.

Indeed. Some perspective is needed!

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Evans cleans up Rashford, Gary Neville says "ooooh" and they score the resulting penalty. 

We get a blatant Maguire handball turned down without even being looked at on VAR. 

We lose 0-3 and can't even use VAR as an excuse.

Martin Tyler makes more shit lockdown jokes and Maguire gets man of the match.

Honestly, it's so inevitable that I can barely even get up for it. I will eat my words on all of the corruption shouts if these things don't happen but I can't believe they're going to allow them to have so many blatantly rigged wins only to let us in on the final day after all.

We've blown it.

3 at the back, with either Justin or Johnson as one of the back 3. Albrighton or Justin on the right. I'd prefer Kevin, but he might still be out.

Man U will be knackered and bruised. Let's hope Kasper and Vards can find the stellar performances we need to pull off a fairytale win. Or draw, depending.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

3 at the back, with either Justin or Johnson as one of the back 3. Albrighton or Justin on the right. I'd prefer Kevin, but he might still be out.

Man U will be knackered and bruised. Let's hope Kasper and Vards can find the stellar performances we need to pull off a fairytale win. Or draw, depending.

There's no scenario where a draw will get it done, unless you mean West Ham beating Man U..  Which, if we're honest, seems pretty unlikely.

I like the back 3 as an option, but with Soyuncu out I just don't think it's viable against United.  I'd use a traditional back four with Evans and Wes in the middle, try and build through the midfield and hope for the best.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

There's no scenario where a draw will get it done, unless you mean West Ham beating Man U..  Which, if we're honest, seems pretty unlikely.

We're one point behind Chelsea with a current Goal Difference 13 better than theirs. They lose both their remaining fixtures and a draw is enough for both us and Man Utd. to claim 3rd and 4th at their expense, regardless of the result in the West Ham game.

Given they have Liverpool and Wolves in those two games, it's actually a feasible scenario. They only need one more point to make a win the only scenario good enough for us to leapfrog them, though.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

I'm thinking we summon the spirit of our title winning team and park the bus then lure them in and spring a classic counter with Vardy up top just like the good ol days. Route 1 football for me. Let them have all the possession we can save our energy for other more important things like defend and attack. Vardy will sure love to play like his former self again. He might even get a hatrick if we feed him enough good crosses!

49 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We're one point behind Chelsea with a current Goal Difference 13 better than theirs. They lose both their remaining fixtures and a draw is enough for both us and Man Utd. to claim 3rd and 4th at their expense, regardless of the result in the West Ham game.

Given they have Liverpool and Wolves in those two games, it's actually a feasible scenario. They only need one more point to make a win the only scenario good enough for us to leapfrog them, though.

The problem is that the last games of the season are all played at the same time. Can't see us trying to hold out for a draw even if Chelsea lose to Liverpool unless they are 5-0 down at half time to wolves and the team get to know about it at half time. We need the win, simple as that. 

11 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Is this being shown on Sky Sports?

Of course, Martin Tyler and Gary Neville more than likely. They will sit for 90 minutes with a finger up each other arsehole staring at a picture of Fergie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I have a feeling that this will be Brendan’s preference ......

he seems set on a three 

Thing is the three hasn’t actually been bad. Like big Nige used to say players win you games, not formations. However, that formation has allowed our width to start generating some attacks. It’s the balance we haven’t got right, but in Rodgers defence he hasn’t had a great deal of time to get it right. I’d be happy to go with a back 3/5 for this one, but the personnel has to be right. If Kevin is fit then perhaps a more midfield heavy approach would be better, because he could sit on the left to give Thomas a hand. 

Ultimately our achilles heel is our fragility through the middle, we’re soft, so we need to be able to flood the pitch with bodies and turn the game into a bit of a scrap, all we need is one ball over the top for Vardy to get onto, slab head will not be able to compete. It’s going to take a mammoth effort, but one thing we can’t do is allow United any space in an advanced area at all, other wise the game could well be done in the first 20 minutes. I think they will come to finish the game off before half time, they will just aim to batter us in the first half in hope they go 3 or 4 up before the break. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What was our excuse for the 15 games before the injuries hit?

Fifteen games before lockdown takes you back to early December when we were still good!

Since Man City away,  return for the games pre lockdown was 14 points from 12 games.  Since the return we have taken 9 points from 8 games.  You’re right ,  our Ppg return since lockdown is on a par with our return since immediately before Xmas ..... incredible!   The narrative is that we’ve come back badly - we lack the tools to shake ourselves out of it due to injuries but the story has been the same for nearly 8 months now !!!!

• Like 1