Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And yet Burnley will stay up. The whole bottom half of the league is shocking, not just two teams. The whole "best league in the World" thing doesn't add up. You've got the likes of Burnley, Palace, Newcastle all poor yet stay up.

To be fair, which league has decent teams at the bottom?

The top division has always had dross.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Top 6 I'm aiming for atm.

Still think we got way ahead of ourselves last season and we might end up doing the same again this season.

Either way, hopefully will be a decent game.

Well according to Betfair odds we're an implied 85% of being top six, top four is an implied 60% chance and the prize is so much greater.

Our rivals for that is Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea. Anything that keeps those teams down is positive for us and I'll worry about Tottenham, Everton, West Ham, etc if they're still threatening our position in the next six games or so.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Which league is better/has better quality running throughout it?

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

To be fair, which league has decent teams at the bottom?

The top division has always had dross.

Tbf I wasn't comparing just think the bottom 7 or 8 sides are really poor (not too fair on Brighton as I think they're decent).

But OP said WBA/Burnley are a disgrace to the PL but people who watch from abroad only take interest in the top 6 anyway.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, ParkerPen said:

I disagree, he's definitely got some ability

I'm not sure he has the ability to play the role he's being asked. A midfield three of Thiago, Henderson and Wjinaldum with someone like Phillips or Davies at centre back would turn Liverpool around in my opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure he has the ability to play the role he's being asked. A midfield three of Thiago, Henderson and Wjinaldum with someone like Phillips or Davies at centre back would turn Liverpool around in my opinion.

Jury's out for sure, but i reckon he'll end up better than Championship - we'll see ! :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

And yet Burnley will stay up. The whole bottom half of the league is shocking, not just two teams. The whole "best league in the World" thing doesn't add up. You've got the likes of Burnley, Palace, Newcastle all poor yet stay up.

Yep but the standard of teams at the bottom of the other leagues wont be much better to be fair. 

39 minutes ago, turlo said:

Liverpool playing Henderson at the back again with a weakened midfield against a physical Everton side. A loss for Liverpool against their local "inferior" rivals would really shatter their confidence.

Given how much Liverpool are misfiring without Henderson in midfield , I'd have thought Liverpool would think it key to keep him there and find whatever alternative solution for the CB problem from within their squad.  But I guess Klopp knows best.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf I wasn't comparing just think the bottom 7 or 8 sides are really poor (not too fair on Brighton as I think they're decent).

But OP said WBA/Burnley are a disgrace to the PL but people who watch from abroad only take interest in the top 6 anyway.

Burnley for me are a bit of an outlier in the way they are just consistently awful. The rest of the teams in the league tend to show ambition and have exciting players ie Saint-Maximin, Zaha etc. 

I think this season is a bit of a one off with WBA and Sheff Utd etc as there just doesn't seem to be the money around that there was in the last few years. Teams are scared to invest so they don't have the players to play good football. The gulf between the big clubs and bottom clubs financially is showing more this season than it normally would.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

To add to their numbers in case they get short like Leicester did with the defender from wolves last season 

They signed him on a permanent though, so obviously rate him enough to think he's good enough too keep. Our signing of Bennett was different as he was always going back.