Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How’s that a pen - it’s an unavoidable collision ...

Wasn't David Luiz running back towards his own goal a few weeks back, unavoidably caught the attackers foot with his knee and not only conceded a pen, but got sent off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very harsh decision. It's not a foul therefore it's not a pen. 

What the hell was the point in looking at half a replay either? 

VAR must have advised him to review it, but judging by the time he spent looking at the 

monitor I think he was just going through the motions being convinced his original call was correct.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wasn't David Luiz running back towards his own goal a few weeks back, unavoidably caught the attackers foot with his knee and not only conceded a pen, but got sent off.

Yes against us. But running across someone and tripping them up is different to lying on the floor and getting jumped on/over. 

Just now, sdb said:

Kick him?! 😅 he's running to tap the ball into an empty net.

And 'what is wrong with people?'. You OK there?! Just a football forum mate.

How any football fan can watch that and think it's a penalty is beyond me. This isn't basketball or Rugby. Shall we start counting penalties as one point and everything else 3?

TAA is facing the other way, he cannot possibly mean to trip him. DCL doesn't 'kick him', sure, but it's his clumsiness that leads to the contact, not the other way around. 

The point remains that if contact = penalty, all you need to do as the striker is manufacture contact, which is not difficult to do. 

Honestly if I was Brendan Rodgers, I'd be encouraging our players to create contact and go down. The penalties are there to be won if you know what you're doing, and it's making the sport a much less interesting spectacle as a result.

When footballing ability and skill lessens as an influencing factor for who wins a match, that has to be regarded as a bad thing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

West Ham play Spurs. We win tomorrow and we can go 7 points clear of 5th. Will we bottle it? Of course.

Not sure we will bottle it. Villa are a very decent side this season. We could easily lose though. Top4 finish is going to be very close and tough to get So many teams involved.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I wasn’t entirely happy with that either but luiz is in control of his running and it’s up to him to make sure that he doesn’t get so close to the striker that there is accidental contact .....

in this instance, TAA is sliding to block the shot and Calvert-Lewin, as he attempts to chase the ball  falls over him as he’s sliding. If the striker has control of the ball then the defender can’t just slide into his path but that’s not what happens here 

Edited by st albans fox