Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought it was well out but on the replays, it's just about in.

(EDIT: not the above replay!)

They were looking at a monitor on a replay.

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He was watching it on the screen in the dugout :teehee:

That makes a lot more sense to be fair haha

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

This is the zoomed out view. Either way it looks out to me!

EvVyWgvWgAIx8ai.jpeg

Agreed, these was the angles from sky to apparently confirm it was in 

170E2B66-0D8C-4301-A0F6-03145D003996.thumb.jpeg.cacee73dcaea8c075ecd6ef4f314df93.jpeg69BCA11D-3949-4917-B3D6-7B11C27DD0C6.thumb.jpeg.d23ab126e0069f0d4e864120b5fc1939.jpeg

Edited by jammie82uk
No idea why the pictures have gone sideways

I just love the fact OGS thought it was a clear cut penalty and Tuchel had no idea what they were looking for and claimed only Greenwood touched the ball.

Yes we are all bias and see things our own way but those views were quite extreme!

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Much better watch than Chelsea v Man United and Sheff United take a share of the credit for that 

Most of the "top 6 games" have been 0-0 this season I think!

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Solskjaer is a massive **** isn't he.

Any chance the club that falls off a cliff this year isn't us?

If you look at it statistically Man Utd are the team over achieving the most in the top 6 right now in terms of their poor performances turning to points. So there is a chance. However I know better than to look at stats like xG and make too many judgements. (For clarity we are the second highest in the over achieving stats)

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

Following Slavia, Arsenal watched MOTD 2 . As usual I found Mark Chapman pretty grown up as compared to vastly overpaid Lineker (remember him as main host for golf majors  ?-pathetic-even in auntie BBC he did n't last long at that ) and probably more knowledgeable due mainly to just plain common sense. I always note how bravely out spoken Lineker is unless in any way it could jeopardise his income which indirectly comes from Fifa/.PL/UEFA/. A bit gutless but presumably even Auntie is not now powerful enough to protect the children from the Force, sorry monied football ,and over the years has become addicted to scrabbling for scraps from the table.

Usual stuff ---we'd have done better with Arteta than BR became obvious,Agreed , Spurs probably wise to buy Morinho, even for Pochettino out, Pochettino probably a better long term bet, (just my opinion there)  .Gail Bale has officially rejoined the Miss Football Hype competition, a proud moment for the program midwife , Mrs Shearer. Asst. midwife Murphy in Shearer's wake makes the same comforting remarks but where midwife Shearer says "Now breathe deeply ,dear" Murphy keeps an individual voice by saying " My  dear . please breathe deeply" Chapman I can't fault ,I certainly don't wish to, and would personally replace Lineker. Like me Chapman  knows nothing , usually asks the "Experts" ( unlike me , i recognise naked Emporers when I see them) and admits it, but does his homework.

Brendan of course appeared and talked very reasonably and skilfully , modestly mentioning injuries as he had every right to do. In the true union solidarity of Shearer ,Murphy , and the absent Lineker no one apportioned any blame and Arsenal's recovery was given credit and LCFC' s remarkable performance to date was graciously acknowledged and patronised. Sean Dyche later confirmed he's twice the man, maybe a better manager, and can say in his gruff voice in one sentence more than Brendan choses to say in twenty.

Its been a trying week . I could n't bear to watch any more as Man U v Chelsea (my second club, albeit with a new tough lady manager in charge ) were probably coming next. When they are 4th choice they can be grim.

I think the upshot was that everyone wished us well for the remainder of the season in a slightly patronising way.. I'm a bit petty ,and blindly love LCFC , and hope that next season we burn the league up. Currently bet 365 probably quote 100/1 against but I'm far more hopeful.  

Edited by Alan Frost

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I’m not sure that is accurate. I’m aware of the optical illusion you are talking about but reading the comment that video doesn’t show it accurately. In football the curve of the ball can allow for an illusion of clear space between the ball and the line. However I’m still not convinced the illusion can be as dramatic as the images in the Sheffield United game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are just seeing a different frame from one camera to the other which is why the others aren’t appearing out.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not sure that is accurate. I’m aware of the optical illusion you are talking about but reading the comment that video doesn’t show it accurately. In football the curve of the ball can allow for an illusion of clear space between the ball and the line. However I’m still not convinced the illusion can be as dramatic as the images in the Sheffield United game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are just seeing a different frame from one camera to the other which is why the others aren’t appearing out.

EvVwXqKVEAAcTBH.jpg

All I'm saying is that this camera angle is useless for knowing if it's over the line or not. It doesn't matter how much it looks out. 

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL3wXbwn-Gd/?igshid=1vrjb6iabnnfl

Maguire having to bail out Shaw for announcing the official was too scared to give the penalty. Why you'd say that in an interview with the amount of penalties and decisions they get is laughable

It like the old days with OGS claiming Man U don’t get penalties as Alex Ferguson would then Tuchel doing his best Wenger impression by claiming the ball only hit Greenwood’s hand !

Edited by Super_horns

Can’t see Man City even dropping points now, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them win every game between now and the end of the season. They look unstoppable and it’s hard not to be impressed with Stones and Dias. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/who-will-make-the-champions-league-heres-how-the-premier-league-table-really-looks

Who will make the Champions League? Here's how the Premier League table REALLY looks
By Ryan Dabbs 2 hours ago

The race for the top four is as tight as ever - but just how tight is it in the context of the Long Table...

Premier League
The Premier League is entering the business end of the season. While the title race now looks like a forgone conclusion after promising so much, nearly half of the league are currently vying for a top four finish. 

The Long Table below can shed more light. By ordering the teams on points rather than position, we can see that Manchester City have a twelve-point lead at the top - as closest challengers Manchester United have fallen off the pace set by the runaway leaders. 

Leicester City and West Ham United currently sit in the Champions League places with twelve matches remaining, as Chelsea’s upturn in form since Thomas Tuchel’s arrival keeps them firmly in pursuit. Champions Liverpool are languishing in sixth, nineteen points adrift of Manchester City after four straight defeats at home all but ended their title defence. 

Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, and Aston Villa follow behind, all with games in hand on the three teams above them currently occupying the European places. A tight group of clubs battling for Europe will become even tighter should the Toffees or Villa win their two games in hand, as they’ll replace West Ham in the top four. Meanwhile, Spurs will trail Liverpool by one point if they win their single game in hand.  

Arsenal’s best chance for Europe next season might be in this season’s Europa League, as they maintain just an outside chance of breaking into the top seven. A season of consolidation back in the top flight for Leeds United stands the Yorkshiremen in good stead under Marcelo Bielsea, while Wolves and Crystal Palace are seemingly consigned to mid-table mediocrity.

At the bottom, a relegation battle is developing between Brighton & Hove Albion, Newcastle United and Fulham. Three points is all that separates the three clubs looking to stave off relegation, with Fulham currently sitting in the drop zone. A season of inconsistency for both Burnley and Southampton could yet drag them into the mix. 

West Bromwich Albion’s improvement in form hasn’t materialised as they had hoped with the appointment of Sam Allardyce, while Sheffield United are all but down and out. Manager Chris Wilder resigned the Blades to the Championship for next season: they lie 15 points from safety despite their mesmeric triumph at Old Trafford in January. 

CLvn69rFaSVjoZY7RcZqoR-970-80.jpg.webp

A57oh6u5wQTNkDmXxAufUR-970-80.jpg.webp

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

No, the lines in ice hockey are magnified through the ice. So depending on what angle you're viewing from it can be distorted.

There's no distortion of light between the ball and the line in football. So there is no illusion, the ball clearly looks over the line from the stills. But who knows anyway, dweebs on twitter keep posting pictures they've edited to start a discussion off, and it didn't even really effect the result of the game, Sheff United were shight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

No, the lines in ice hockey are magnified through the ice. So depending on what angle you're viewing from it can be distorted.

There's no distortion of light between the ball and the line in football. So there is no illusion, the ball clearly looks over the line from the stills. But who knows anyway, dweebs on twitter keep posting pictures they've edited to start a discussion off, and it didn't even really effect the result of the game, Sheff United were shight.

There can still be illusions because it's a sphere - so it can easily look like the ball is over the line when it's not.