Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Top 4 is going to be a big ask but we probably want Man Utd beating Chelsea 

No doubt. If we had drawn the best scenario for me would have probably been a draw. But a loss or a win today for us and a Man Utd win seems like the best scenario. We need Man Utd and Man City to run clear as it'll mean other teams below dropping points. I think the most likely scenario to hope for would be a top 4 of Leicester, Man City/Utd and Chelsea in no particular order.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

No doubt. If we had drawn the best scenario for me would have probably been a draw. But a loss or a win today for us and a Man Utd win seems like the best scenario. We need Man Utd and Man City to run clear as it'll mean other teams below dropping points. I think the most likely scenario to hope for would be a top 4 of Leicester, Man City/Utd and Chelsea in no particular order.

Yep. All about sides below us dropping points for me, I love seeing Man Utd lose but I hope they win 

Just now, lcfcell said:

Yep. All about sides below us dropping points for me, I love seeing Man Utd lose but I hope they win 

If we can get through this game week with a 6pt gap then that guarantees we'll still be in the top 4 coming into a 3 week gap in the premier league fixtures. That'll give us time to rest and get some numbers back and then we can go again. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bale getting a goal and assist and suddenly being hailed as being back and world class again. Please, if he repeats it weekly then maybe. But he's a good prem player at most rn

He had a shot against west ham the other week and the commentator was wetting himself over it stating 'IF' it had gone in it would've been the goal of the season, and it was just a decent strike at best, it was weird.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

He had a shot against west ham the other week and the commentator was wetting himself over it stating 'IF' it had gone in it would've been the goal of the season, and it was just a decent strike at best, it was weird.

Not having that. The technique on that strike was extraordinary. Only a few players in the world can pull of that kind of strike. I know it didn't go it but it did hit the bar. People are talking about Bale because he is genuinely in the top 5 players in the world when playing at his best. He is a generational talent who has been unfortunate with injury.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Look at their bench too- Kepa, Alonso, Jorginho, Pulisic, Werner, Zouma, James, Havertz, Emerson

****ing hell.

Did you see Man Citys yesterday?

And people think we can compete in all competitions like these big clubs lol

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I’m with you on that. In fact I remember commenting on the premier league thread that the comms were so far up his arse they could see outta his eyes. Was bizarre as he’d done nothing since joining in reality. 

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Not having that. The technique on that strike was extraordinary. Only a few players in the world can pull of that kind of strike. I know it didn't go it but it did hit the bar. People are talking about Bale because he is genuinely in the top 5 players in the world when playing at his best. He is a generational talent who has been unfortunate with injury.

But he didn't pull it off? He hit the bar. 

Bale is one of the best in the world, when playing at his best. But honestly, when did he last hit that? Maybe 2 or 3 years ago? 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But he didn't pull it off? He hit the bar. 

Bale is one of the best in the world, when playing at his best. But honestly, when did he last hit that? Maybe 2 or 3 years ago? 

He nearly pulled it off and was unlucky not to. Almost any other player on the planet puts that shot miles into the stands the technique to get the trajectory and power he did was brilliant even if it missed by an inch. 

The last time he played like he was back to his best was not 2 or 3 years ago but about 30 minutes ago lol