Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

That squad is unreal and it will only get stronger. They could potentially dominate for years. The best time to play man city is in the first 5 games of the season as they tend to start slow. 

The only team I see challenging them at the minute for dominance is Bayern.

• Like 1

Man City can press relentlessly because they have a fully fit squad with 2 £50m players for every position, meaning they can rotate continually and keep players fresh. 

Most other teams have flogged the same 12 or 13 players for week after week and they're all spent as a result.

However good Man City are, though, it still rankles how they pulled a fast one over Xmas claiming they had a massive Covid outbreak when it became clear later they hadn't (look at the team they were able to field in the following game). That was the one point in the season when their squad was a bit stretched and they were due to play Everton away only 2 days after their previous game. By getting the match called off then they got much needed rest and avoided having to play a tricky fixture at a time when they were depleted and couldn't rotate the same quality into the team. They'd have probably still won the league but that was unfair in my view.

16 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Man City’s bench would probably piss the PL 

Just not good for football 

Thing is, if they were a global powerhouse of football like Man U or liverpool generating vast sums of income via genuine commercial activities then I would just shrug my shoulders but they’re just cheats ....financial dopers and the real shame is that most genuine Man City fans would agree though they wouldn’t change anything ! 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Hahahah go on Wolves.

Man City will probably up the gears quick-time though and win but this is fun anyway. Been battered all game and score from a set-piece. Pulis-esque, that.

Yes - probably scored 30mins too soon!