Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

There can still be illusions because it's a sphere - so it can easily look like the ball is over the line when it's not. 

To a degree but generally if the viewing angle is closely parallel and you can see light between all parts of the ball and the line, plus some, it's safe to assume it's over.

I don't know definitively, just that ice hockey comparison was definitely off.

49 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

To a degree but generally if the viewing angle is closely parallel and you can see light between all parts of the ball and the line, plus some, it's safe to assume it's over.

I don't know definitively, just that ice hockey comparison was definitely off.

Sure, but the camera isn't even close to in line with the ball here: EvVwXqKVEAAcTBH.jpg

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

The nerve of Solskjaer to call out others for haranguing the referee. 

I remember ferguson saying that a linesmen had made a 'career decision' in not calling Drogba offside in a game against man u once. He did it all the time and got favourable decisions constantly.  Its mainly why I hate them.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I love how we're above 4 of these, yet don't get a mention. Big 6 is such a stupid "grouping" 

We do benefit from an extra two fixtures when comparing points gained v big six.   i realise we are doing well in the big seven table !

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Southampton will end up going down at this rate. It's ridiculous.

Similar standard of run-in to us. A few lower-table sides until April. Then some decent sides to face towards the end, such as Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham. Leeds 'decent' in the sense that you never know which one will turn up - the one that will thrash you 4-1 or lose disjointedly 3-0.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Managed just 1 point out of the last 24 

That is scandalous form, keep that up and they will get 1-2 points from the remaining games. :blink:

Puts them on 32 points and at serious risk, but am sure Ralph would be sent packing before the end of the season if things don’t improve.

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They won't go down. Too much dross below them which will be their saving.

Can see manager change here soon, unlike last where the managed to react will after a huge hammering this its opposite affect. I mean if they did change manager there's good options at their and Southampton is quite an attractive job to many, I'm sure they could lure the likes of maybe Rafa, Howe, Lampard or maybe try and prize away Dyche from Burnley. 

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They won't go down. Too much dross below them which will be their saving.

There's three points to be had when we roll up as well. They will really want to win that one more than  other games.

Edited by reynard

Just now, AjcW said:

Plenty of teams have thought this before...

Sheff Utd and West Brom have left themselves too much to do.

Fulham have looked better and have made a better fight of it. It'll be between them and Newcastle, I think. Funnily enough they play each other on the final day so could be the biggest 6-pointer of the season.

Fulham's next bunch of games:

Tottenham (H)
Liverpool (A)
Man City (H)
Leeds (A)
Aston Villa (A)
Wolves (H)

Arsenal (A)

:nigel:

• Like 2