Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Wasn't Everton tipped to finish top four? I'm sure I even heard some ex-Liverpool pundit say Everton were the team they were most afraid of beating them to the title this year lol. Brighton had a half decent striker they'd we winning this, easy. All that money Everton has spent, supposedly world class manager, bit average aren't they.

I'm not saying this game hasn't been a classic but the highlight of the second half was Martin Tyler vociferously putting Alan Smith's notion that Brighton would take the point rather than Everton down.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I get what you're saying but a) there's not a chance any of those (apart from Toney perhaps) move to Brighton and b) even if they did bid that much, it'd be far too low a bid for those players.

Yeah you're probably right. I genuinely think a class goalscorer would turn them into a top 10/11 team.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We haven't beaten West Brom at home in years and they'll be coming here on the back of 2 massive wins wahahahaa all the best Brendan

It's a ****ing joke isn't it. We haven't beaten them at home since the 1980s despite winning at the Hawthorns 7 times in the same period! Didn't even manage to beat them at the KP when we won the league. And of course we play them at a time they come into form and we wobble. Fully expecting the jinx to continue. 

44 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sky bloke who is there every week and nobody knows his name- "People were waiting for that moment. Was it going to be Iwobi?"

Incredibly, it wasn't.

He has a really weird habit of always talking as if someone has just made him laugh. Makes me long for Ed Chamberlain.

7 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

It's a ****ing joke isn't it. We haven't beaten them at home since the 1980s despite winning at the Hawthorns 7 times in the same period! Didn't even manage to beat them at the KP when we won the league. And of course we play them at a time they come into form and we wobble. Fully expecting the jinx to continue. 

1994 we last beat them at home. 

We broke the Arsenal hoodoo this season so time to break the West Brom at home one too! 

6 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

What an absolute embarrassment of a tweet Apparently “nobody” understands the line process 

Unbelievable - there is no way that Diagne can be beyond the defenders back foot. There must be an associated image that they could use to see his upper body shape at that point and determine it wasn’t (even if we already know that he simply can’t be).  That said, I’m all for sticking with the on field decision when it’s too tight to call .....it’s just that they’re incapable of realising when that is!

It's weird to say but I'm kind of nervous playing the baggies record at home ain't great against them. West Brom to there credit despite being down are certainly having a go and managed to score 8 goals in two games, which isnt usually a sign of a club going down.