Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rumours going round Dean Smith could face the chop at Villa in the summer... in order to bring in someone to take them to the next level. Be a bit harsh I think, can understand the ambition and raising the stakes but talk with Gerrard being linked cant say it's a actually a step forward.

I wonder if this is a pre-emptive move for the summer transfer market coming in for Grealish. Get a good manager lined up might persuade Grealish to stay. If he goes then there's no way they'll be going to the "next level" with or without a new manager. It's a bit hard on Smith either way as he's turned Villa around from last season. 

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Oh come on, someone does that every week down the 6 aside I play. In fact they do it better normally. That touch from Firmino goes a quite a way in front of him, on a small pitch you lose the ball there. Is nothing special for even a bang average casual footballer let alone a professional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They haven't been killed by it. VAR wasn't wrong, they've just had a lot of the marginal decisions go against them that pre-VAR would've been shrugged off.

But again, if it is so bad, bin it. If the game really has gone, get it back.

Think it’s time Liverpool got punted out of Europe, they really cannot help themselves. lol

Edited by Dahnsouff

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Personally (I’m sure most are with me) I would most certainly hope that if we can make the final it’s against Chelsea. 

Me too. Still have memories of attending the 69 Final against them and more recently their 6 nil final whitewash of poor Watford.

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Liverpool with no distractions in their chase for top four ......

A lot is talked about their defensive problems but their forward players reminded me of watching the Brighton game at the weekend. No way they make top four. 

43 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

A lot is talked about their defensive problems but their forward players reminded me of watching the Brighton game at the weekend. No way they make top four. 

They were against a solid Real Madrid team, they have much more easier teams coming up now 

34 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

They were against a solid Real Madrid team, they have much more easier teams coming up now 

We can only hand our position away. Currently it’s ours and we can keep it if we wanna, if we really wanna. But we must fight. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

So 4th will get CL unless Chelsea win the CL but don't finish top 4, and Arsenal win the EL.

Correct. If we finish 3rd isn't an issue, I prefer this plan :D

Ideally Arsenal out of the Europa tomorrow solves the problem too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We can only hand our position away. Currently it’s ours and we can keep it if we wanna, if we really wanna. But we must fight. 

Yep, if we win 5 games it’s ours and now it’s up to the players to go out there and prove to everyone that they aren’t bottle jobs lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chapero82 said:

a solid Madrid team that have a patched together defence and a hell of a lot more injuries than Liverpool. They hardly even laid a glove on Madrid last night. 

No idea why but they have seemed to have lost their ability to win at home. They cant blame the lack of fans as they were fine the first half of the season and the end of last. 

It would surprise me if they went on a mad winning streak now. 

32 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Trouble is a lot on here think we are. 

as long as the players dont think they are then it will be fine. 

A lot of people on here are also doom mongers and dont realise how good of a team / squad we currently have.