Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

What an absolute embarrassment of a tweet Apparently “nobody” understands the line process 

I have called for the offside rule to be changed so it goes on player's feet, that way it is much more accurate than trying to pin a tail on a donkey (upper body). In this instance it prevents confusion and it also stops those ridiculous calls where the attacker points where they want it and get called offside because part of their arm was in front of the offside line. It makes no sense. Give the attackers a bit more of an advantage and use the feet as measurement. 99 times out of 100 the feet will be planted in the ground and lines can be easily/fairly accurately drawn.

And just to add, based on current rules and VAR interpretations/process/technology, yesterday's decision to stick with the on field call was correct. Whether he was offside or not, VAR did not have conclusive evidence to overrule.

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have called for the offside rule to be changed so it goes on player's feet, that way it is much more accurate than trying to pin a tail on a donkey (upper body). In this instance it prevents confusion and it also stops those ridiculous calls where the attacker points where they want it and get called offside because part of their arm was in front of the offside line. It makes no sense. Give the attackers a bit more of an advantage and use the feet as measurement. 99 times out of 100 the feet will be planted in the ground and lines can be easily/fairly accurately drawn.

And just to add, based on current rules and VAR interpretations/process/technology, yesterday's decision to stick with the on field call was correct. Whether he was offside or not, VAR did not have conclusive evidence to overrule.

Feet would be the sensible thing to look at. Attackers will usually be leaning towards goal, whilst defenders away, so looking at upper body doesn't paint to full picture. 

I still think any offside that takes more that 30 seconds to check should just be left as the on field decision.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

But It’s pretty clear from combining different angles he was onside, just because they couldn’t draw a line directly to the player himself they have declared him offside 

So this was ruled offside earlier this season, you can’t see if the defender on the far side is playing him onside as you can’t see his feet, the assistant kept his flag down and goal was awarded, VAR overturned the decision and declared him offside, has the interpretations/process/technology changed between the two incidents? 

E8DE52F7-3F66-4D5E-B82D-2F1FF344F78C.thumb.jpeg.77211ff467cbb8fa16d25b931e7f34a3.jpeg

48 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Diving headers, not that there are many these days could poses a problem. 

But I think the first thing they should do is reduce the area in which you can be offside, the halfway line bears no logic based on the original reasons for the offside law, goal hanging plus it squeezes the game space into a small area thus tending to suffocate games.

59 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

But It’s pretty clear from combining different angles he was onside, just because they couldn’t draw a line directly to the player himself they have declared him offside 

So this was ruled offside earlier this season, you can’t see if the defender on the far side is playing him onside as you can’t see his feet, the assistant kept his flag down and goal was awarded, VAR overturned the decision and declared him offside, has the interpretations/process/technology changed between the two incidents? 

E8DE52F7-3F66-4D5E-B82D-2F1FF344F78C.thumb.jpeg.77211ff467cbb8fa16d25b931e7f34a3.jpeg

That's just one angle. They have several available to them and claimed none of them showed enough information. 

I'm calling bullshit, naturally. They were just protecting their own backsides to cover for another horrendous decision from the morons in charge of it, as per as usual. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

But I think the first thing they should do is reduce the area in which you can be offside, the halfway line bears no logic based on the original reasons for the offside law, goal hanging plus it squeezes the game space into a small area thus tending to suffocate games.

I see your valid point. I would rather give an advantage to the attacker than the defender, hence using the feet should help with that.

I also think, much like in rugby, players should be able to get back onside. For example, by running back level with the defender and then going towards goal. Good examples where players are lazy running back but they win the ball by coming back in front of the defender. However, the latter could open a big can of worms.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I see your valid point. I would rather give an advantage to the attacker than the defender, hence using the feet should help with that.

I also think, much like in rugby, players should be able to get back onside. For example, by running back level with the defender and then going towards goal. Good examples where players are lazy running back but they win the ball by coming back in front of the defender. However, the latter could open a big can of worms.

Aye I agree about the advantage. 

I remember Vardy being given offside when he received the ball in his own half as he'd previously been offside when the period of play started, crazy!

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Not really, you don’t usually dive for a diving head until after the ball has been played. If you looked at feet when the ball is played this isn’t an issue. We 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sounds like you are sitting on the remote tbh 

Lol would have thought that. Tbh apparently a few viewers were getting the same problem. I think it was for people who were watching it through the ps4. Funny I tweeted Gary lineker at half time to ask his bosses to looking into the problem.... second half no problems... thanks Gary ;)

4 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Literally looks pretty standard for a pro / mid to high end footballer 😁 even takes a little bobble 

I'm fairly sure I could bring it down just as easily as that and I play 6 a side once a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rumours going round Dean Smith could face the chop at Villa in the summer... in order to bring in someone to take them to the next level. Be a bit harsh I think, can understand the ambition and raising the stakes but talk with Gerrard being linked cant say it's a actually a step forward.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rumours going round Dean Smith could face the chop at Villa in the summer... in order to bring in someone to take them to the next level. Be a bit harsh I think, can understand the ambition and raising the stakes but talk with Gerrard being linked cant say it's a actually a step forward.

lol That would be madness, actually thought they were progressing quite well!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

lol That would be madness, actually thought they were progressing quite well!

They've been playing some good football this season, yep they've had a slippery run since Christmas but at the end of the day hes been working with a small squad with injuries to his top player. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Doesn't suprise me. The owners there have a lot of money and ambition and Smith is a terrible manager.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

:dunno:

Its not crap, its just nothing special for a professional footballer.

How would they react with a Liverpool player did something like the Mahrez one touch control / weighted pass for Vardy's goal v Man City a few years back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Its not crap, its just nothing special for a professional footballer.

How would they react with a Liverpool player did something like the Mahrez one touch control / weighted pass for Vardy's goal v Man City a few years back.

Oh come on, someone does that every week down the 6 aside I play. In fact they do it better normally. That touch from Firmino goes a quite a way in front of him, on a small pitch you lose the ball there. Is nothing special for even a bang average casual footballer let alone a professional.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rangers to Villa is definitely a step toward, as is Celtic to Leicester.

Smith isn't taking Villa anywhere upwards anytime soon so might as well bin him in the summer. 

• Like 1