Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

I honestly think the introduction of the ESL would make him less likely to want to go to Spurs. 

The move last weekend tells me he's a man of principles. It would be the best test of them so far if he was offered the chance and rejected it. He's doing well out of us to the tune of £10 million a year anyway so it's not like he needs to move.

Just now, Goober said:

Rumour that's going around on twitter about José and the Super League was started by a parody account.

Yep did see that but I genuinely believe there’s some truth to it. Either that or I think Levy has used it as a way to try and appease Spurs fans when they’re quite rightly fuming at him. 

Weird timing, with the League Cup final coming up. I mean, it’s not the FA Cup, but for a team like Spurs it’s as big as anything they’ve achieved this Century.

If they did stand a chance of knocking off Man City it was with Jose in charge on the big occasion. Can’t quite see Ryan Mason or Tom Sherwood having the genius to outwit Pep at Wembley.

As things currently stand, the League Cup would be Spurs best route back into Europe next season -  super league and suspension etc aside.

All rather odd down at the lane.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm not sure he would you know. He came to leicester to get a top tier club, spurs are a big club but not on the level of man City or United - I reckon that's what he's waiting for.

I'm unsure, money would talk. But I think you're right on the super club aspect. He's waiting for one of them, Man City would be the one I think. He can use his youth policy, play attractive football and have his pick of the transfers. 

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Strange timing with the League Cup final coming up + still in a fight for a Europa League spot (not that it matters now). 

They've been long admirers of Nagelsmann so maybe not given Flick made it publicly known he was leaving at the end of the season yesterday.

That said I reckon Nagelsmann is nailed on to be the next Bayern manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

They've been long admirers of Nagelsmann so maybe not given Flick made it publicly known he was leaving at the end of the season yesterday.

That said I reckon Nagelsmann is nailed on to be the next Bayern manager.

Bayern is a brilliant place, if he goes and doesn't do what Kovac did, he'll be successful. His Leipzig side play a nice style too, so he'd be a perfect candidate.

• Like 1

Spurs couldn't afford to sack him last week; so it seems either:

- Its more mutual than you might imagine (JM didn't want to do ESL)

- Spurs mysteriously came in to some money (trust lines can be read between)

- JM committed an actual sackable offence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sacking him before the cup final is pure spite so he can't go with the "I won a cup" argument. Not that I think they'll beat Man City.

I don't see them going for Rodgers personally. 

If they're willing to pay the compo Rodgers will be right at the top of the list along with Nagelsmann and Allegri.

Whether he would go or not is another question in itself.

I'm not sure what he'd do but I think a lot of people look at it from the wrong angle in terms of would he go to this club or that club. I think Rodgers is more calculating than that, I think he'll look at it more in terms of how much further he could take Leicester versus any club that comes in for him. I'm not saying this is the case but if he feels he's hit a glass ceiling with Leicester for example taking someone like Spurs from 8th to a perennal Champions League club may be an attractive proposition for him.

I'm not saying that is the case and hopefully it won't be just trying to stress the point there are many shades of grey to whether he'd go, stay reject this club or whatever else.

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Spurs couldn't afford to sack him last week; so it seems either:

- Its more mutual than you might imagine (JM didn't want to do ESL)

- Spurs mysteriously came in to some money (trust lines can be read between)

- JM committed an actual sackable offence.

I have no idea what you mean and must therefore assume he was caught fondling Harry Kane