Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Do my eyes deceive me or are some of you seriously concerned following an indykaila tweet? Wow.

BR is on a good deal here and would not get on with Levy in my opinion; but put quite simply, if BR can't see his bread is buttered here and doesn't appreciate the control and freedom he is given and the excellent ownership and genuine commitment to improvement, then we shouldn't want him anyway.

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sacking him before the cup final is pure spite so he can't go with the "I won a cup" argument. Not that I think they'll beat Man City.

I don't see them going for Rodgers personally. 

Could be he's on a big bonus for winning a trophy, or there's a clause in his contract that would give him a raise. 

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Do my eyes deceive me or are some of you seriously concerned following an indykaila tweet? Wow.

BR is on a good deal here and would not get on with Levy in my opinion; but put quite simply, if BR can't see his bread is buttered here and doesn't appreciate the control and freedom he is given and the excellent ownership and genuine commitment to improvement, then we shouldn't want him anyway.

Not the Indykalia tweet itself causing worry, more I could see him going, that is all.

Just now, filbertway said:

Why? 

I genuinely cant think of one good reason.

Money, absolutely amazing stadium, the fact Spurs are a bigger club than us irrelevant of the trophy jokes. 

Whether he would due to off the pitch issues is another thing.

I dont know if Spurs are any more likely to win something than we are. They might be able to attract bigger name players but they are fighting it out for the least attractive team in the 'big six' with Arsenal. 

Do we currently have a better squad? They have a couple of very good players but only Kane, Son and Bale if he could be arsed get in our side. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Money, absolutely amazing stadium, the fact Spurs are a bigger club than us irrelevant of the trophy jokes. 

Hes already earning 200k a week with us, so I dont see that.

Stadium is nice but I dont particularly see that as a reason to join a club.

Hes a principled man and their actions this weekend wont sit right with him at all.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I’ve never seen so much wrong in such a small amount of writing! There is absolutely no way Brendan would see Spurs as a step up because they have a fancy new stadium.

In every aspect other than stadium, we match or better Spurs. 
They are an ageing squad in need of a total rebuild, whilst about to potentially kill off their own club for the sake of a few dollars.

They have had zero success this Century and if they intend on moving to the super league, with their current squad have zero chance of any success in the near future.

They are a shambolic club, and would be a step back in Rodgers career.

• Thanks 1

I must admit after watching the Spurs Amazon doc I did get a bit more respect for Mourinho. But his recent jobs all seem to follow a similar pattern, starts well then it all implodes. He's basically an elite level Allardyce, going from club to club on reputation alone before being sacked when it goes pear shaped, sure as anything he'll get another job at a so called elite club and history will repeat itself. Could easily see him at Arsenal.

Will be boring for spurs fans to watch them get hammered every game and be bottom of that silly league. If they ban players from international matches will see which players have any ambition to play for their country or just want money I suppose 

Bet Jose loaded that contract for Bear before he signed it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know he'll have a huge fat payout. Don't know if he has it in him anymore to take a Rodgers type path to a get a job where he can develop and build a team. Would be interesting to see him drop a notch in pay in order to get the right job for the right club.

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I must admit after watching the Spurs Amazon doc I did get a bit more respect for Mourinho. But his recent jobs all seem to follow a similar pattern, starts well then it all implodes. He's basically an elite level Allardyce, going from club to club on reputation alone before being sacked when it goes pear shaped, sure as anything he'll get another job at a so called elite club and history will repeat itself. Could easily see him at Arsenal.

Mourinho at Arsenal. That sounds disgustingly awesome. That should bury them for the next decade.

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nuno from Wolves to Spurs

Jose to Wolves

Spurs to go from one negative Portuguese  manager to another negative Portuguese manager. At least Nuno is cheaper I guess.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a little more than that, you need multiple goalscorers, they have none.

Of course but Spurs do have goalscorers. Would be a good fit if they were willing to let him build up for a few years (which of course they won't).