Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

talk online he refused to go in the this morning for training. So there may be some legs that it is something to do with the super league. 

Bollocks he would refuse to work and give them ammunition for litigating his buyout. lol

The hardest part to square, is those reports his buyout would be reduced if he didn't get them into Europe.  Fire him now and they likely have to pay the whole thing?

I think the punishment should be something similar to how Saracens were dealt with in the Rugby - they still have to play out the season but so heavily deducted points that it's impossible to come back from - also keeps the structure set out at the beginning of season so it doesn't penalise those who got results against the 6 (I know that benefits us!)

Just seems simpler and fairer than expunging a sides results at this stage of the season.

80 point deductions would be how I would deal with this, assuming we keep the 3 up / down of the league.

This would relegate, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

Although 6 down 6 up would be even better it might be harder to push through.

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Deduct points, fine the Super 6.

League and Cup double is on lads, it's not all bad lol

Honestly, at this point I'd actually rather have the FA Cup and give the Hammers the last meaningful Premier League title.

Etch their name on the trophy alongside ours. Remind the parasites that they are nothing without the clubs they face on a weekly basis.

Whatever the outcome of events over the next few days the last 24 hours will clearly have a negative impact on Liverpool's and Chelsea's preparations for their matches this week. The players wouldn't be human otherwise.

Let's hope it gives Leeds and Brighton an added incentive to prove what a farce the so called big six is.

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't see how a ref can tell a player to stop doing tricks or whatever, should Ronaldinho have been called out for it?

I'm no Moss fan but it's pretty obvious he's talking about how Pogba reacted to the challenge that caused him to be sitting on the floor.

1 hour ago, thegaffer9 said:

I think the punishment should be something similar to how Saracens were dealt with in the Rugby - they still have to play out the season but so heavily deducted points that it's impossible to come back from - also keeps the structure set out at the beginning of season so it doesn't penalise those who got results against the 6 (I know that benefits us!)

Just seems simpler and fairer than expunging a sides results at this stage of the season.

80 point deductions would be how I would deal with this, assuming we keep the 3 up / down of the league.

This would relegate, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

Although 6 down 6 up would be even better it might be harder to push through.

Indeed.  I had a look to see what the table would look like if all games involving the big 6 were declared null and void.  West Ham would be 9 points clear at the top with a game in hand!  We'd be in second, one point ahead of Leeds.  Villa and Everton level on points battling for 4th with Crystal Palace and Newcastle just 2 points behind them.

39 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

WTF?

EDIT: This was apparently because he was doing tricks :blink:

Is there more before this clip?

Was Pogba time-wasting?

A referee shouldn't really be telling a player what to do in terms of doing tricks or not. That's not their prerogative.