Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is there more before this clip?

Was Pogba time-wasting?

A referee shouldn't really be telling a player what to do in terms of doing tricks or not. That's not their prerogative. 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-paul-pogba-was-livid-after-referee-jon-moss-told-him-dont-take-the-p-20210419

'But just before Cavani finished off a swift counter attack, United had been trying to run down the clock in the corner and Pogba attempted an extravagant rainbow flick that didn't quite come off.

In the same phase of play, the Frenchman was fouled by a frustrated Ashley Westwood.

Yet after winning the free-kick, Pogba was livid when Moss, the man in the middle, made a comment as he sat on the turf.'

Could be as Carl said though due to the scream for the foul and people have took it somewhere else to fuel an agenda. Obviously when I first read about it it said he said it to Pogba because he was doing tricks, refs can't be doing that!

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Spurs will have to pay Jose off, pay off us and give Brendan a hefty payrise. I think they'll be looking for cheaper options. 

With their new found wealth, let's properly charge them. If they want him that much, £60 million minimum.

1 minute ago, 420Hashish said:

Let's say the big 6 are kicked out and 3 new teams are promoted. That would leave us with 17 teams. So would the relegated teams play against the 3 teams in the Championship playoffs to determine the final 3 places? 

If they got kicked out there wouldn't be any need for relegation, and promote 6 instead to replace them? :dunno:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

If they got kicked out there wouldn't be any need for relegation, and promote 6 instead to replace them? :dunno:

Don't promote 6, promote 4. Drop the league to 18 teams, quality is suffering enough already from the sheer amount of games played.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I can't wrap my head around why Spurs would fire Jose a week before the League Cup Final. Are they consigned to losing but afraid that he'd win it? Peak Spursy.

It really is peak Spurs. They're the club that keep on giving. What mental case sacks their manager 6 days before a cup final? Consigning to losing to a club that they beat 2-0 earlier in the season lol.

I don't think any of the managers want this but they've been forced to go with it for now and get chucked in front of the media.

The cowards in the background yet again avoiding public scrutiny. Twats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone about it but surely that's directing it at the wrong people

It was always gonna happen though.

The boardroom suits can hide while the visible, fan-accessible sections of their club are hounded.

I'm with the Leeds fans on this. Good on them.

Now it's up to the players and managers of these clubs to have the gonads to stand up to it themselves.

By the way, when's the Mourinho interview? It's gonna be fascinating stuff. There's no way that announcement wasn't at least partially linked to Tottenham's own part in this shitshow, and there's nothing that would make Jose feel the need to hold his tongue over it now.

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

It was always gonna happen though.

The boardroom suits can hide while the visible, fan-accessible sections of their club are hounded.

I'm with the Leeds fans on this. Good on them.

Now it's up to the players and managers of these clubs to have the gonads to stand up to it themselves.

By the way, when's the Mourinho interview? It's gonna be fascinating stuff. There's no way that announcement wasn't at least partially linked to Tottenham's own part in this shitshow, and there's nothing that would make Jose feel the need to hold his tongue over it now.

Wouldn't surprise me if his payout included a gagging order 

41 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm as pissed off as anyone about it but surely that's directing it at the wrong people

Disagree, we need to let players and everyone know how we feel. They are the face of the club, you'll never see a Glazer to tell him. You not attacking the club is what they want, shout and scream at everyone involved. Being nice and polite and right will do nothing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

The whole country supporting Dirty Leeds tonight lol

I so wish fans were allowed in, if there was one club you wanted to be first ones up on TV it's that lot. It would be bloody bedlam lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I so wish fans were allowed in, if there was one club you wanted to be first ones up on TV it's that lot. It would be bloody bedlam lol

I'm not surprised they announced this before any fans are back. Very well planned to just put it on Twitter and watch it all unfold from their offices. 

I do feel for the players at the minute as it's not there fault.