Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Since Tuchel came in Chelsea have played 21 games and only conceded 10 goals. 

5 of them were in one match against Sam Allardyce’s West Brom.

I know people know this already but that is absolutely insane. An incredible defensive record in 20 of the 21 games (16 clean sheets) and they conceded 5 at home to West Brom.

Chris Kavanagh must be suspended from refereeing PL games after that atrocious decision, especially after watching it multiple times on TV. None of us saw anything. How did he when he is supposed to be the expert. Or there must be something wrong with how VAR videos are being shown.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Chris Kavanagh must be suspended from refereeing PL games after that atrocious decision, especially after watching it multiple times on TV. None of us saw anything. How did he when he is supposed to be the expert. Or there must be something wrong with how VAR videos are being shown.

He won't be, there's no accountability as a referee.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Nowt will happen to Kavanagh and Moyes will get done for saying the decision was "rubbish".

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Although in this case the decision made by the ref was the problem - not VAR itself.

I often think people mean to say the ref is poor rather than the system. 

Without VAR that guy doesn’t get needlessly sent off though. I appreciate ultimately the rules and officials are to blame but you can’t get rid of both of those. You can get rid of VAR though and that would improve the game massively. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We play twice before any of our top four rivals play again.

By 10 o'clock next Friday we could be sitting 3rd and 10pts clear of 5th. 

C'mon Leicester the time to make our move is now by beating Palace at home and Southampton away. It could be nearly all over in a week.

Yeah but Southampton away is never easy!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Although in this case the decision made by the ref was the problem - not VAR itself.

Var brings it to the attention of the ref. var is the issue on this 

how about we change it so that the refs decision can only be rescinded.  So if he gives a red or an incorrect pen or a lino an incorrect offside then the var can ask him to check his decision or the offside can be corrected. But the var cannot ask him to re ref the call he hasn’t  made 

this way, only calls the ref/lino has made which are incorrect can be reversed.  there will be occasions where a handball should have been given or perhaps a red but who cares....we will keep the on field decision as paramount.  

there will be no pens given by var interventions 

there will be no red cards awarded after a var intervention 

there will be no offsides given after a goal has been scored or penalty awarded 

or just scrap it completely .......

• Like 1

On 21/04/2021 at 13:50, Ric Flair said:

then this gaff would be right up Rodgers and the teams harris's and especially when following up that with what we are doing this season.

Pedants' Corner

It's not 'harris' it's 'arris'.

Bottle and glass- arse

Bottle-Aristotle-arris.

You even get an extra 'r' chucked in gor some reason.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Without VAR that guy doesn’t get needlessly sent off though. I appreciate ultimately the rules and officials are to blame but you can’t get rid of both of those. You can get rid of VAR though and that would improve the game massively. 

Fair point.

It is basically another ref making a subjective decision probably putting pressure on the on pitch officials at the same time.

Its certainly not improved decision making and just causes more confusion.

• Like 1

We don't know the discussion between the ref and var ref. But if Var ref says I think you should look at it then I think it usually means he thinks it's a red. Then the on field ref is going to look again with that already in mind, only strong refs will then stick with their original decision.

34 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Nah he's annoyed about the situation but didn't mention it. You can't celebrate a goal properly for fear of it being disallowed, which he is bang on about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

G'won the Blades, drag BHA back into the scrap. I wanna see the football hipsters explain it when they drop.

It'd be a freak if they did. They're a couple of players and good luck from being a top half team. It's not being a hipster to know that, it's just watching them play and seeing how well Potter has got them playing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

We don't know the discussion between the ref and var ref. But if Var ref says I think you should look at it then I think it usually means he thinks it's a red. Then the on field ref is going to look again with that already in mind, only strong refs will then stick with their original decision.

I hope this isn't his exuse, because if it is, all it proves is that he's massively out of his depth lol