Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

53 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He likes the place and will probably get a wage of 200k+ a week, he'd be stupid to not go back! I reckon if he goes back Kane stays as well. Bit of a rebuild on his hands though, but nothing too massive if Kane does decide to stay, needs a CB, another striker (Ings maybe?) and a RB.

Bit of a rebuild? A full rebuild needed from back to front. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Bit of a rebuild? A full rebuild needed from back to front. 

I don't think they're THAT bad. They've got a pretty strong 11, it's just their CBs and Aurier that usually let them down. Son, Kane, Dele (on his day), Lloris, Ndombele and Holjberg are all excellent players. If they can get Bale back on loan as well, he did pretty well towards the end of the season.

Lloris

New RB - New CB - Dier - Regulion

Ndombele - Holjberg

Moura - Dele - Son

Kane

That's a team that could quite easily finish in the top 6 under the right manager, especially as they could probably play the reserves and the kids in that Europa Conference league. Their biggest weakness for the past 18 months has been their managers.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think they're THAT bad. They've got a pretty strong 11, it's just their CBs and Aurier that usually let them down. Son, Kane, Dele (on his day), Lloris, Ndombele and Holjberg are all excellent players. 

Lloris New RB - New CB - Dier - Regulion Ndombele - Holjberg Moura - Dele - Son Kane

That's a team that could quite easily finish in the top 6 under the right manager, especially as they could probably play the reserves and the kids in that Europa Conference league. Their biggest weakness for the past 18 months has been their managers.

Talk about damning with faint praise lol

Edited by Duquesne Whistle

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think they're THAT bad. They've got a pretty strong 11, it's just their CBs and Aurier that usually let them down. Son, Kane, Dele (on his day), Lloris, Ndombele and Holjberg are all excellent players. If they can get Bale back on loan as well, he did pretty well towards the end of the season.

Lloris

Ndombele - Holjberg

Moura - Dele - Son

Kane

Lloris isn't an elite keeper, has too many mistakes in him. 

Dier? You're keeping Dier in their 11? The same Dier that Southgate managed to drop? Bloody hell.

They need A new RB and 2 x new CBs, minimum. LB in Reguilon is solid for sure. 

Hoijberg is solid, Ndombele continues to be average at best. Would consider replacing or bringing in a rotation. 

Moura hasn't done much, Lamela is crap and Lo celso is iffy. Can't rely on Bale to save them continually at his fitness, so a new RW is needed. Son is quality, when in tandem with Kane. Kane himself wants out and gets at least a 2-3month injury per season and they have no one to rotate with him. 

It's a bloody huge job. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lloris

Ndombele - Holjberg

Moura - Dele - Son

Kane

I actually think Conte would suit them. Albeit he has about two years before he starts losing his charm with a squad.  Shape them in a 3-5-2 - Doherty and Regulion at WBs and Alli void of responsibility playing no 10 

• Like 1

I think any player can look good in the right system under the right manager, we won the league with Danny Simpson and Huth in the defence, it's all about playing to the teams strengths and finding what works.

Obviously no-one will walk into the job and get them fighting for the title, but they only finished 4 points off 4th, it's not like they finished 15 points behind. Keeping Kane is key though! I guess we'll see how it pans out!

EDIT: I'm about to go to work in a minute, but I fully expect to have about 15 notifications later on saying I'm mental and an idiot lol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think any player can look good in the right system under the right manager, we won the league with Danny Simpson and Huth in the defence, it's all about playing to the teams strengths and finding what works.

Obviously no-one will walk into the job and get them fighting for the title, but they only finished 4 points off 4th, it's not like they finished 15 points behind. Keeping Kane is key though! I guess we'll see how it pans out!

EDIT: I'm about to go to work in a minute, but I fully expect to have about 15 notifications later on saying I'm mental and an idiot lol

Exactly this. Doherty looked good at Wolves at wing back. Same as Sheffield United under Wilder, players not really great, but the system worked.

Maybe this is Levy's last attempt at keeping Kane.

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Irritatingly that could leave the door open for Conte to Spurs but not sure if Conte would be happy with that without a substantial transfer budget.

Spurs can't afford to have a transfer budget which is why I can imagine Levy wants Pochettino so he can abuse him with the same threadbare shite squad he always had. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Irritatingly that could leave the door open for Conte to Spurs but not sure if Conte would be happy with that without a substantial transfer budget.

Almost no chance Conte goes to Tottenham. 

He's leaving Inter because they're skint and have made it clear they need to asset strip short term. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Almost no chance Conte goes to Tottenham. 

He's leaving Inter because they're skint and have made it clear they need to asset strip short term. 

I know, I can’t imagine any prominent manager would want the Spurs job given the current financial situation. They superb facilities and stadium, there’s no denying that, but equally the great managers all want some financial wriggle room to put their own mark down.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Levy spent £12.5m sacking Pochettino to bring in Mourinho at £15m a year to win trophies.

Levy then sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final because he thought he'd be able to afford it with the Super League money.

But the Super League collapsed and he owes Jose £15m+ as severance not to mention his staff.

You're looking at £60m spent just on hiring and firing managers. 

Just wonderful isn’t it :D

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Levy spent £12.5m sacking Pochettino to bring in Mourinho at £15m a year to win trophies.

Levy then sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final because he thought he'd be able to afford it with the Super League money.

But the Super League collapsed and he owes Jose £15m+ as severance not to mention his staff.

You're looking at £60m spent just on hiring and firing managers. 

I thought that Jose getting a new job basically means he is forfeiting money owed by Levy.

Hence why Levy now seems to have a bucket of cash to spend on a new gaffer.

I might have put 2 and 2 together and got 5 mind :D

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Spurs thinking they could get Conte, Zidane, Allegri etc is the same as when people were convinced Klopp would consider coming here before he went Liverpool lol 

I think most just thought he should see The National Space Centre before trotting off to his new job, surely.

Pochettino always struck me as a reasonably thoughtful bloke, no way is he returning to Spurs. London club though, media on their side (mostly). They'll get someone decent but it's quite a rebuild they need, even if they keep Kane. Their defence is abysmal, and their midfield isn't a lot to shout about either. No consistency at all, that's Spurs.