Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If they beat Man City then this could go through...

Can’t believe they would set a precedent like this ...... points deductions need to be be for ultra serious situations.  Repeat offences should only be predicated on a suspended sentence.  They could give them one of these now but how likely is that to lead to opponents attempting to force one of these confrontations to occur in the future ?? 

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Booooooo !!!

Hurrah !!!! 

The article goes on to say....."The Blues have been in the dock seven times in as many years now and were warned back in July 2016 that they faced a points deduction after they appealed a fine received for their part in a mass brawl with Tottenham.

Chelsea have since been charged twice more with failing to control their players but escaped with fines."

That is why I think it is pertinent that a points deduction is on its way! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gresley Fox said:

The article goes on to say....."The Blues have been in the dock seven times in as many years now and were warned back in July 2016 that they faced a points deduction after they appealed a fine received for their part in a mass brawl with Tottenham.

Chelsea have since been charged twice more with failing to control their players but escaped with fines."

That is why I think it is pertinent that a points deduction is on its way! 

Though I would absolutely love to see them get a points deduction, there's absolutely no way the FA would do that given it'd drop one of their prized teams out of the CL. Imagine the uproar if "their" place went to Leicester, who were part of the same incident.

Will never happen.   If it did, there would be a Novichok frenzy at the Premier League HQ and IN Highcross Mall.  The FA have no balls where the ESL 6 are concerned.  We will probably get a points deduction so Arsenal can sneak into Europe.   ITK

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If they beat Man City then this could go through...

Why if they beat Man City should go through either way, but I can’t see the FA do anything about it they haven’t done or said anything regarding the Greedy6 ESL Debacle so can’t see them doing Fuch All for this !

17 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Why if they beat Man City should go through either way, but I can’t see the FA do anything about it they haven’t done or said anything regarding the Greedy6 ESL Debacle so can’t see them doing Fuch All for this !

The Greedy6 ESL does not come under the jurisdiction of the FA, It's down to EUFA as the owners of the CL and the PL as they are members of that. The FA has very little jurisdiction these days being mainly concerned with administration of the Non-League set up / grassroots football and discipline. 

Yeah they can deduct points from teams but they are going head on with the PL who may not like one of their Greedy6 being punished that way especially as they don't seem to be considering it themselves for the ESL fiasco.

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t believe they would set a precedent like this ...... points deductions need to be be for ultra serious situations.  Repeat offences should only be predicated on a suspended sentence.  They could give them one of these now but how likely is that to lead to opponents attempting to force one of these confrontations to occur in the future ?? 

There was point deductions for Man United and Arsenal a long while ago maybe at the start of the premier league era for a “brawl”  but I don’t see it being the case now, if Chelsea and Spurs didn’t get any for their incident then I certainly don’t see Chelsea getting any now  

Levy isn’t very clever, either that or he just doesn’t care.

Klinsmann is a terrible manager and it’s not as if the trend of gambling on former players has worked out really well for Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Roger Schmidt is at PSV and Allegri is unattached. Either of those are far better appointments. Even if Klinsmann was really cheap it’s a case of false economy because he gets sacked soon after spending £X million on his new players which probably don’t suit any sort of succession plan.

Good for us though 

51 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wolves could be facing issues getting a new manager in, a Portuguese one they've identified could struggle to get in with brexit regs

Lage? 

AFAIK I read his time in control of Benfica B counts as well.