Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Chelsea not sold their CL Final allocation. Small club behaviour 

It’s been a nightmare flight wise, you could get return flights for £60 before the official announcement and they rocketed to £1000+ after

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s been a nightmare flight wise, you could get return flights for £60 before the official announcement and they rocketed to £1000+ after

But the returned allocation was part of the £200 travel package, not DIY travel. I think UEFA asked clubs to have a certain percentage of day trips organised by the club. Apparently Chelsea fans moaned that they had to pay £200 + match ticket to travel, get a couple of hours somewhere,, watch the match, then come home. They wanted it in the UK to make travel easy.

I saw that the owner paid for all of Man CIty's fans travel (as in the day trip packages). So all they had to do was pay for ticket (and whatever tests they need). I can only assume loads of chartered Etihad planes!

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Levy isn’t very clever, either that or he just doesn’t care.

Klinsmann is a terrible manager and it’s not as if the trend of gambling on former players has worked out really well for Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Roger Schmidt is at PSV and Allegri is unattached. Either of those are far better appointments. Even if Klinsmann was really cheap it’s a case of false economy because he gets sacked soon after spending £X million on his new players which probably don’t suit any sort of succession plan.

Good for us though 

Yeah but it would be so #shrewd and #savvy of Levy as usual!

On 25/05/2021 at 11:16, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Though I would absolutely love to see them get a points deduction, there's absolutely no way the FA would do that given it'd drop one of their prized teams out of the CL. Imagine the uproar if "their" place went to Leicester, who were part of the same incident.

It wont happen but the points deduction wouldn't be based on a single incident (ie why it being Leicester would be immaterial) but on their previous history of this. They'll give another warning and another fine that Chelsea will pay without a care. When will these authority bodies learn there's no point fining clubs worth 100s of millions (especially when access to the CL alone will pay it off with ££££££ to spare)???? It's the same with the whole SL, by not actually giving substantial painful punishment they're basically PROVING the SL "big clubs" point. We can all see how pathetic these authorities are. 

55 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I am taking the piss. The unsold tickets are in some crappy package. All the tickets which permitted independent travel were quickly sold. Similar to our own scenario with the Cup Final. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I am taking the piss. The unsold tickets are in some crappy package. All the tickets which permitted independent travel were quickly sold. Similar to our own scenario with the Cup Final. 

:facepalm: from me 

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Scholes, Ferdinand, Hargreaves waffling about what Man Utd need and all ageeing they need players like they were, they need to spend bucket load more money.

Their expertise is monumental ffs.

Don’t they already have the highest wage bill, and speed millions upon millions every season? 

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Scholes, Ferdinand, Hargreaves waffling about what Man Utd need and all ageeing they need players like they were, they need to spend bucket load more money.

Their expertise is monumental ffs.

Ah yes the hundreds of millions, on top of the other hundreds of millions they've already spent.