Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Kane is gone (well atleast in his mind) whether spuds sell him to City for their asking price we shall see. Pep is not stupid and won't bend over just to get him. Anyway, if kane stays and has a crap euros (safely predictable) he's not gonna be the same moping around knowing his chance has gone and if his ankles go again that will be the last straw. Bale is back off to Madrid to keep collecting his living pension. Sing song will do a ding dong looks useless if he's not getting any service or not partnering with Kane.

Just don't see why Pochee wants to relive the levy spuds nightmare again if PSG are providing funds to buy players and keep their stars.

He will go again next season and win the title. Lille did good this becoming the french Leicester city :)

I can't see Poch' going back to Spurs or PSG letting him tbh. If Kane is trapped at the club because Levy asks too much and no club is willing pay (which is highly possible) he'll still work hard and score goals. I'm not much of a fan of Kane in an England shirt but he's a pretty professional grounded guy. He presumably still wants to beat Shearer's record and collect golden boots. Levy's gamble will be to block Kane's move and bring in a manager who'll give Kane silverware. If that happens Kane signs a new contract next summer. Spurs's attacking force is pretty good (if a bit one dimensional), though they need to get Alli playing because for whatever reason he's become dire. Speaking of which they need a new defense. It's a big job and a big gamble and they're over a billion pounds in debt lol. Either way I hope they crash and burn. 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Time for some more Glory Glory Nights at the Lane..

Tottenham vs Bayern Munich result, 2019 Audi Cup Final: Spurs win penalty  shootout | London Evening Standard | Evening Standard

The fact that they even made them lift the cup like this makes me think it was organised by an arsenal fan

• Haha 4

Really not sure about Pochettino going back. His last 9 months of league form was poor and you wondered if the players had tired of hearing the same voice and whether he needed a change, too.

I know we thrived by bringing back a manager but Pearson should never have been allowed to go and he was progressing when he left, Pochettino probably reached his limit at Tottenham. I don't think it'll be the same again.

Thought it was interesting to see who fans of other clubs have voted for as their player of the season. This is a list of the results so far.

Aston Villa:         Emiliano Martinez

Brighton:            Lewis Dunk

Chelsea:             Mason Mount

Everton:             Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Fulham:              Alphonse Areola

Leicester:           Youri Tielemans

Liverpool:           Mo Salah

Man City:           Ruben Dias

Man Utd:            Bruno Fernandes

Newcastle:         Callum Wilson

Sheffield Utd:     Aaron Ramsdale

Southampton:    James Ward-Prowse

Tottenham:         Harry Kane

Wolves:              Pedro Neto

Nobody has mentioned that Spurs could get one of the "Experts" to take charge.

Glenn Hoddle, Danny Murphy, Jermaine Jenas & Garth Crooks, all ex Spurs are very knowledgeable & available ;)

Edited by boots60
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, tfoxt said:

Thought it was interesting to see who fans of other clubs have voted for as their player of the season. This is a list of the results so far.

Huge recency bias shown by Sheffield United fans there... Ramsdale was terrible for most of the season then played well for this last month and has won player of the season

1 minute ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Huge recency bias shown by Sheffield United fans there... Ramsdale was terrible for most of the season then played well for this last month and has won player of the season

They’re not exactly spoilt for choice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

David Mcgoldrick would be a better shout from what I’ve seen.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Favourite part of this is the fact the United Hierarchy have accepted they need another CB, a centre mid and a winger. So as said last night, another huge amount of money to even look at competing. 

How they can chuck another 3 year deal at him is beyond me 

1 hour ago, tfoxt said:

Would only want have Kane and Salah in LCFC's team; would've also chosen Fernandes too, if he didn't do as much diving etc.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Simon Jordan said Spurs had a better squad in 2015/16 than we did.

We took 4 points off them and finished 11 points ahead.

Probably, luckily we had the best CM in the world has seen and an on fire Vardy and Mahrez :D

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Levy spent £12.5m sacking Pochettino to bring in Mourinho at £15m a year to win trophies.

Levy then sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final because he thought he'd be able to afford it with the Super League money.

But the Super League collapsed and he owes Jose £15m+ as severance not to mention his staff.

You're looking at £60m spent just on hiring and firing managers. 

Yes, but isn’t Levy a shrewd business man who hardly ever makes a mistake?  Surely this is all part of some cunning plan. I mean, I know it looks like he’s trying to flush Spurs down the toilet, even going as far as getting an Arsenal fan to design their new stadium. But, you know, looks can be deceptive. 

55 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Simon Jordan said Spurs had a better squad in 2015/16 than we did.

We took 4 points off them and finished 11 points ahead.

I know it means nothing in reality but on paper they clearly did have the better squad 

2 hours ago, tfoxt said:

Just imagine if that was your squad of players 🤔😂😂🏆filthy. 

2 hours ago, tfoxt said:

Leeds:    Stuart Dallas

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Levy spent £12.5m sacking Pochettino to bring in Mourinho at £15m a year to win trophies.

Levy then sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final because he thought he'd be able to afford it with the Super League money.

But the Super League collapsed and he owes Jose £15m+ as severance not to mention his staff.

You're looking at £60m spent just on hiring and firing managers. 

I don’t think he owes Jose that money as he took the job at Roma 

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don’t think he owes Jose that money as he took the job at Roma 

He was sacked. So he pays him up for the rest of his contract. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He was sacked. So he pays him up for the rest of his contract. 

I’m only repeating what was said on talksport when news came he took the Roma job, they said jose wouldn’t receive a significant chunk because he took the Roma job, other than that I don’t know. I’m guessing from what Jordan said today about managerial contracts, they aren’t always that a manager gets the full term of his contract when sacked.

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I’m only repeating what was said on talksport when news came he took the Roma job, they said jose wouldn’t receive a significant chunk because he took the Roma job, other than that I don’t know. I’m guessing from what Jordan said today about managerial contracts, they aren’t always that a manager gets the full term of his contract when sacked.

All depends on the clauses. Jordan sickens me tbf. Bloke is way too impressed by himself and thinks he’s some kind of intellectual. He’s a pillock that talks so much he occasionally makes sense. A bit like monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare. 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

All depends on the clauses. Jordan sickens me tbf. Bloke is way too impressed by himself and thinks he’s some kind of intellectual. He’s a pillock that talks so much he occasionally makes sense. A bit like monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare. 

That’s what most people of money are like but he has negotiated managers contracts. 

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-reveals-roma-job-gives-spurs-boost-in-mourinho-pay-out/