Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Corky said:

Leeds played the minimum amount of games they could this season. 13 fewer than us. We went full in on the league, FA Cup and Europa League.

They'd have struggled with our schedule.

Let's put this in to perspective; of COURSE they would struggle with our schedule. We know that because even with their easier schedule, they still finished below us in the league.

It should highlight what we've achieved.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Just saw the final table. How did Everton end up in 10th?! 

Poor home form, mainly. Our collapse will get headlines but Everton have underwhelmed and had some shocking results.

• Like 1

Yeah Everton are absolutely baffling aren’t they. They were rightly excited at the start of the season, they seemed to have a decent squad of players, DCL was on flame and they had a manager who knows how to get it done. Top of the league at one point going to Anfield I think? 

Still ended up propping up the top half...

The Ev

I think we've probably got fans of half the league unhappy at the end of the season again- I'd say us, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle, Wolves, Southampton, Fulham, WBA and Sheffield United are all pissed off with either on or off pitch (or both) stuff. Man United are angry with the owners but probably ok with the on field performance, Palace nervous, Liverpool relieved more than anything.

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Yeah Everton are absolutely baffling aren’t they. They were rightly excited at the start of the season, they seemed to have a decent squad of players, DCL was on flame and they had a manager who knows how to get it done. Top of the league at one point going to Anfield I think? 

Still ended up propping up the top half...

The Ev

They don't get anywhere near the criticism that they deserve. 

They've spent ridiculous money and still finish mid table. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Everton didn't even have any major injuries to speak of either did they? DCL was out for a few weeks but that was about it.

Doucoure was out for a bit as was Allan after a strong start to the season. Having said that, nowhere near the likes of some other clubs including ourselves.

They seem to escape a shit load of stick considering the reputation of the manager in charge of them, too.

Guest ttfn

Newcastle’s four seasons since promotion (2 under Benitez, 2 under Bruce):

17/18 - 44 points

18/19 - 45 points

19/20 - 44 points

20/21 - 45 points

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

17/18 - 44 points

18/19 - 45 points

19/20 - 44 points

20/21 - 45 points

Nice and consistent. I wonder how many points they will get next season, I predict 44.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, rachhere said:

Just saw the final table. How did Everton end up in 10th?! 

Amazing considering in November they won the Premier League. 

Honestly, the amount of shit the sports media in this country spouts... 

15 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Everton didn't even have any major injuries to speak of either did they? DCL was out for a few weeks but that was about it.

Allan being out for a while was a major blow for them, not just because he is a very solid player, but the replacements (Davies, Gomes) are below the standard required.

On 23/05/2021 at 21:56, Paddy. said:

Doucoure being out for a long spell killed them and left them with a midfield what had the forward movement of a crab 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

12 hours ago, ttfn said:

17/18 - 44 points

18/19 - 45 points

19/20 - 44 points

20/21 - 45 points

I was kind of pointing to this in another shit post of mine in the thoughts on the season thread . Fans that are not happy with us mucking up champions league. I get it, but who wants to be a fan of a epl team that's consistenly shit but not consistently shit enough to get relegated or win anything.

Would you rather be a Leicester or a Newcastle fan right  now?  I don't have to wait for that answer lol  Be thankful  where we are and keeping smiling everyone. 

Oh and **** newcastle!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Ridiculous click bait tabloid shit. 

Never going to happen in a trillion years. 

Booooooo !!!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If they beat Man City then this could go through...

Hurrah !!!! 

• Haha 2