Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I take it they aren't getting Conte in then?

Conte would only take the Spurs job to get at the Chelsea board .....but he surely has too much respect for the Chelsea fans to manage Spurs (and too much sense)

surely he will be in Paris or Madrid next ....

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Conte would only take the Spurs job to get at the Chelsea board .....but he surely has too much respect for the Chelsea fans to manage Spurs (and too much sense)

I thought that Spurs were having a love-in with Chelsea given how they went all out on Sunday to gift them UCL next season. 

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Levy spent £12.5m sacking Pochettino to bring in Mourinho at £15m a year to win trophies.

Levy then sacked Mourinho 6 days before a cup final because he thought he'd be able to afford it with the Super League money.

But the Super League collapsed and he owes Jose £15m+ as severance not to mention his staff.

You're looking at £60m spent just on hiring and firing managers. 

Honestly, the next time I hear somebody call him shrewd. Maybe once upon a time but he's absolutely lost it in the last couple of seasons.

The timing of covid has probably hit them more than any other Premier League club. I think they're going to end up with Graham Potter.

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

All depends on the clauses. Jordan sickens me tbf. Bloke is way too impressed by himself and thinks he’s some kind of intellectual. He’s a pillock that talks so much he occasionally makes sense. A bit like monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare. 

He's about the only person on talk sport that talks any sense. Annoying but knows what he's talking about and gives a club owners insight which I enjoy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's about the only person on talk sport that talks any sense. Annoying but knows what he's talking about and gives a club owners insight which I enjoy. 

I agree. I don't always agree with Jordan but I find him highly listenable.

12 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

All depends on the clauses. Jordan sickens me tbf. Bloke is way too impressed by himself and thinks he’s some kind of intellectual. He’s a pillock that talks so much he occasionally makes sense. A bit like monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare. 

I used to think the same about Jordan but I actually agree with him most the time. Much more than I do with ex professionals anyway. 

I like listening to the majority of what Simon Jordan says, whether thst will wear off eventually I'm not sure but he has brought a much needed insight in to football and especially talks port which by and large is pony.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like listening to the majority of what Simon Jordan says, whether thst will wear off eventually I'm not sure but he has brought a much needed insight in to football and especially talks port which by and large is pony.

I really enjoy the show he's on, Jim White is a tosser, but Simon Jordan adds some really interesting comments and input to things.

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He was a Juventus legend and took the Inter job and those two despise each other, so I wouldn't be so sure that he'd turn it down on a respect basis. He may not fancy it for plenty of other reasons, though.  

Edited by David Guiza

Simon Jordan is very predictable. I always know which side of an argument he's on before even listening to him

Defend owners at all cost. He defends scrubs like the Glazers and Mike Ashley in a roundabout way by attacking the fans of the club.

Attacks players wages 24/7. Players are the root of all evil, second only to agents. There are billions of pounds in this game, I think it's pretty fair that the top players like KDB or Kane get £300k a week or whatever. Jordan would prefer the owners pocketed that money for themselves I guess. Man has a blind hatred for agents and modern day players.

Edited by Koke

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Talks Port - now there's a radio channel I can buy into... 

• Haha 3

Simon Jordan is an egotistical willy puller. Can't believe people enjoy listening to him.

Has he ever started a conversation without pointing out that he once owned a Premier League club?

24 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I used to think the same about Jordan but I actually agree with him most the time. Much more than I do with ex professionals anyway. 

Each to their own I guess. I did say he talks so much that sometimes he actually makes sense. It’s just the way he delivers it - grates like a rasp on the testicles. 

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Zidane Paris, Conte Madrid

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Simon Jordan is very predictable. I always know which side of an argument he's on before even listening to him

Defend owners at all cost. He defends scrubs like the Glazers and Mike Ashley in a roundabout way by attacking the fans of the club.

Attacks players wages 24/7. Players are the root of all evil, second only to agents. There are billions of pounds in this game, I think it's pretty fair that the top players like KDB or Kane get £300k a week or whatever. Jordan would prefer the owners pocketed that money for themselves I guess. Man has a blind hatred for agents and modern day players.

I'm not one of these idiots who thinks that footballers should earn less than soldiers, nurses, police officers etc. Top level footballers should earn significantly more money than normal people. For starters, their careers are over before they hit 38 and the competition just to become a professional footballer is ridiculous, let alone a world class one. However, I cannot justify any footballer earning around £300k a week, especially when there are clubs as high up as championship that are close to going under. 

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Controversial but the only way Solskjaer could have done better this season is by winning the Europa League. You can't really fault their league campaign. Their squad is nowhere near as good as Man City's and I wouldn't put it as the 2nd best in the league either. They clearly have an issue getting over the line, but I certainly don't think he's done a bad job overall. 

• Like 2