Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

He's a massive hypocrite and a bit of sinister character in my eyes. Dresses up his anger as a joke and deflects all of the time - his players love shoulder barging their opposite numbers into the hoardings and he had the temerity to whinge about that Choudhury tackle.

And nobody in the Liverpool shagging media calls it out either.

Liverpool look head and shoulders above everyone else to be fair. I find them boring but they’re one of the most efficient teams I’ve ever seen. Sometimes they don’t even look good but you can’t keep the ball for more than 30 seconds. I don’t enjoy watching them one bit but I’d be very surprised if they don’t win the league again. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, we're the hypocrites. 

We whinge if a guy is boring and emotionless, we whinge if he's emotional and gets caught up in the moment. We've got a five million page thread crying about anyone criticising Leicester but Klopp isn't allowed to defend criticism of his team? 

We love it when Wasyl smashes an opponent, we cry when someone puts in an ugly foul on our players, it's the nature of fans of a tribal sport, we all get caught up in the emotional bias of the moment. 

Nothing special or weird about Klopp doing the same, he's just an emotional guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. If he was five foot two you wouldn't be calling him sinister, people would probably just be calling it "little man syndrome" or some shit instead. Either way, it's just projection. 

As far as I'm aware he's never assaulted anyone? He just gets wound up. I guess I'm pretty tolerant of it because I've got pretty bad rage issues, most people on here know I'm fairly easy to bait and set off. I get it. I've not laid hands aggressively on another human since I was 13 though, it seems like a pretty big accusation to call someone sinister just because he does a bit of yelling or can be a bit intense when pumping with adrenaline in a post match interview. 

You're totally allowed to think he's a cvnt, I mean if he annoys you he annoys you, that's the fun of the sport. If he's your pantomime villain fantastic. But it's not the first time it's been implied on here that he's some sort of closet abuser and it's a bit ott. 

Sorry Finners but I’m with @Stadt on this, the guys a tool and he did exactly what Stadt was saying last night with Keane which made for awkward tv, and it took Keane of all people to bring it round by saying “sensitive isn’t he, imagine if he’d lost” and in that 1 sentence it sums up what Stadt was referring to.

At the minute the press are loving him and Liverpool but just watch the guy on the sidelines, we all love to see passion and nothing wrong with an emotional response to a goal but he takes it to the edge, possibly, crossing it.
These guys are role models and the fans feed off him & his antics, comments and outbursts are mirrored by the fans. Picture your son/daughter ref’ing a kids game on Saturday afternoon and 1 of the managers acts like he does on the side, then that managers parents follow suit, is that acceptable? Not for me, regardless of where the games being played.

I’m not saying we should all be wall flowers and just shout hoorah for goals but he doesn’t follow the code of sportsmanship, he’s all smiles when they win but like Negan (walking dead) he’s just a word away from flipping, which brings us to lose or draw, it’s always someone else’s fault, ref, var, dirty team/tactics blah blah never we were beaten fair and square or good game but they just had the edge etc.

Its happened to Jose, now Pep is under pressure and getting salty with the media picking it up, it will only be a matter of time before they see through Klopp.
I know you’ll say they are winners but so is every sports person but what makes a great sports person is how they portray themselves win, lose or draw, the Hodgson’s, Dyche and the likes whilst no where near as successful as these are all still winners and arguably have tougher jobs, they all have a moan but also put their hands up, those 3 can’t and act like they are above.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

he’s all smiles when they win but like Negan (walking dead) he’s just a word away from flipping,

And how he's literally a psychopath bat wielding maniac. 

Because he's prickly over a bit of snarky criticism. 

Come on, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You said it yourself, these guys are under a level of pressure and scrutiny we can't possibly imagine. I'm not saying he's an angel in the slightest, nor a perfect role model, nor the best of sportsmen. I think he's fantastically biased and I agree he's hot headed. 

But all these implications that he's dangerous or one step away from going axe murderer because of something that happens on a football pitch are just silly in the extreme. 

I mean, christ alive, the vast majority on here would agree that Pearson is a really sound guy, thoughtful, stoic, well spoken, intelligent, humble, honourable. Yet he's told a fan point blank to FOAD, Klopp hasn't, he stared down a journo in a press conference and insulted him, pretty sure Klopp hasn't, and he choked a rival player on the touchline as a joke - Klopp hasn't. 

Now tell me who's just one comment away from turning violent maniac. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Come on, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You said it yourself, these guys are under a level of pressure and scrutiny we can't possibly imagine. I'm not saying he's an angel in the slightest, nor a perfect role model, nor the best of sportsmen. I think he's fantastically biased and I agree he's hot headed. 

But all these implications that he's dangerous or one step away from going axe murderer because of something that happens on a football pitch are just silly in the extreme. 

I mean, christ alive, the vast majority on here would agree that Pearson is a really sound guy, thoughtful, stoic, well spoken, intelligent, humble, honourable. Yet he's told a fan point blank to FOAD, Klopp hasn't, he stared down a journo in a press conference and insulted him, pretty sure Klopp hasn't, and he choked a rival player on the touchline as a joke - Klopp hasn't. 

ok used Negan for dramatic affect to highlight the fuse is short :P
With regards to journo's & press conferences just watch a few he will steer the interview the way he wants its, which is great very politician like, but if it goes off track the horns will come out, i'm trying to be mindful of the right word but dare i say, will then start to bully the interviewer to regain control, it is this sort of thing i refer too that there is just something under there, which for me i don't like & think it will be his downfall in the same way as Jose

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

ok used Negan for dramatic affect to highlight the fuse is short :P
With regards to journo's & press conferences just watch a few he will steer the interview the way he wants its, which is great very politician like, but if it goes off track the horns will come out, i'm trying to be mindful of the right word but dare i say, will then start to bully the interviewer to regain control, it is this sort of thing i refer too that there is just something under there, which for me i don't like & think it will be his downfall in the same way as Jose

He's definitely imposing and I do think he has an intensity that intimidates people but like I said, there's a difference between who you are in the heat of the moment and who you are normally. 

I imagine most of us on here have played eleven at some point, or even regular fives / sixes. How many are willing to bet they can be a seriously overly competitive twat about it? And that's a local amateur kick about. 

You almost always see Klopp, Pep, Jose and Co at their worst - when emotions are running high before, during and after a high stakes game of professional football with their billionaire bosses and the world watching on. Then they get pushed and poked and scrutinised by professionals whose job it is to get a reaction. 

I mean, what are you expecting. These are some of the most competitive men in the world. 

I mean, you think Klopp is bad, you should see the Rino on form. 

(that's two minutes of a fifteen minute rant, the translator looks terrified) 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I do get that we only see him in his professional role & not kissing kids & adopting kittens but i'm talking about his professional side & nothing else, he comes across as someone i don't like, he might be a bloody great guy but the bits i see he's not for me.

Ok Lets lighten the mood all managers have the occasional outburst did you see the Ranieiri clip on that Gattuso link you just sent, man i didn't know he had it in him, he's fallen from grace for me as he wanted us to be relegated after we sacked him yet he had clearly lost his mind as he says "give me the Sunderland job & i'll make them champions.." :blink:lol

Er...

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Oh god. Please can we not go down the conspiracy route? We should know more than any fan base how annoying that shit is after all the blood doping accusations thrown at us! 

Exactly this

Why are some fans sleepwalking into buying into this weird conspiracy. One team does well, off you go to the internet to prove that it was corrupted. Honestly, sounding like bitter Spurs fans from 2016 is utterly pathetic.

It's a shame some of our fans are in danger of becoming like Spurs fans from 2016, Man City fans and their paranoia that UEFA conspire against them, or Newcastle fans who think the PL is corrupt against them. We should look out for tin foil hat, 5G and Bill Gates in their other posts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I do get that we only see him in his professional role & not kissing kids & adopting kittens but i'm talking about his professional side & nothing else, he comes across as someone i don't like, he might be a bloody great guy but the bits i see he's not for me.

Ok Lets lighten the mood all managers have the occasional outburst did you see the Ranieiri clip on that Gattuso link you just sent, man i didn't know he had it in him, he's fallen from grace for me as he wanted us to be relegated after we sacked him yet he had clearly lost his mind as he says "give me the Sunderland job & i'll make them champions.." :blink:lol

article-0-1908E0DD000005DC-237_634x460.j

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Who's gonna tell him?lol

• Haha 2