Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Top 4 will be easy for us if we keep everyone fit. I ain’t bothered about Europa League just play the 2nd team we should qualify out of our group. Focus on the league. That should be our priority

Easy for us, we just got spanked by spam at home.

Just now, The Bear said:

Pisses me off big time. They were done, dusted and down before lockdown. 

And there was the none ‘goal’ against Sheff Utd they got away with.

If whoever interviews Klopp at the end doesn’t mention the word ‘sloppy’ in his interview then they’re more doing their job properly. Never thought I’d say this - but it’s a shame there’s no camera on Roy Keane’s smug face currently.

• Haha 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Slight tangent from your post, but I've often wondered, after our title win, who is the most likely team to next win for the first time. I don't mean the premier league, I mean be English champions. Surely West Ham would be the most likely of all the teams that have never been champions. Or maybe Southampton.

They'd be the two biggest ones not to have won it so that makes sense. I was thinking something masively leftfield like Forest Green Rovers being attractive to invest in for a lot of rich eco conscious investors in 20-30 years time.

Wonder what year the next first time winner will win it too?

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I agree with @Happy FoxI think we could be in with a chance of top four. As long as we can stop being shit every few games. 

exactly! With a full fit 11 we can beat most teams, Liverpool and Manchester City are not right defensively this season, I think if we just focus on the league we have a chance for Top 4. With the Europa League we don’t need to play our first 11 till the latter stages, our second team should be good enough to get results to qualify. This league is wide open.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They'd be the two biggest ones not to have won it so that makes sense. I was thinking something masively leftfield like Forest Green Rovers being attractive to invest in for a lot of rich eco conscious investors in 20-30 years time.

Wonder what year the next first time winner will win it too?

Yeah there's always a chance a small team with investment might do it, if nobody already in the league beats them to it. Hope its not Salford!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Halftime scores today 

Manchester United 1-4 Spurs 

Aston Villa 4-1 Liverpool 

Gary Neville on commentary for United. 

Jamie Carragher on commentary for Liverpool. 

Evra and Souness in the studio 

And not a Spurs or Villa pundit in sight. Sky should hang their heads.

Yes I know Souness started his career at Spurs, but he only ever played one game for them.

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

exactly! With a full fit 11 we can beat most teams, Liverpool and Manchester City are not right defensively this season, I think if we just focus on the league we have a chance for Top 4. With the Europa League we don’t need to play our first 11 till the latter stages, our second team should be good enough to get results to qualify. This league is wide open.

I think it's going to be wider than many years. Even when we won it, it was only us in the running outside the big 6. This year quite a few more could be vying for the top 4 places. I just don't think we've enough fire power and are too dependent on having that first XI plus key subs. Not enough depth if injuries hit us as we've seen today. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think it's going to be wider than many years. Even when we won it, it was only us in the running outside the big 6. This year quite a few more could be vying for the top 4 places. I just don't think we've enough fire power and are too dependent on having that first XI plus key subs. Not enough depth if injuries hit us as we've seen today. 

What if Villa or Everton lose 3-4 key players for a period?

Arguably we were worse against West Ham than Liverpool were against Villa. We created hardly anything whilst they scored 2 and missed several other big chances. And whilst they let in 7, which is shocking, quite a few of the goals were lucky deflections, and let's face it, West Ham could have had a few more against us. Really, really worryingly bad performance by us today, even allowing for the ridiculous set up and injuries to key players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Arguably we were worse against West Ham than Liverpool were against Villa. We created hardly anything whilst they scored 2 and missed several other big chances. And whilst they let in 7, which is shocking, quite a few of the goals were lucky deflections, and let's face it, West Ham could have had a few more against us. Really, really worryingly bad performance by us today, even allowing for the ridiculous set up and injuries to key players.

Are you actually joking? Liverpool just lost 7-2.... the champions of England lost 7-2. Have a word with yourself. We were bad but it that ****ing bad. Christ alive. 

• Like 4

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Fair point, I do think we are a central midfielder and a striker short depth wise. But our first 11 is certainly good enough to go the long haul for the Top 4.Getting Champions League is a must, if we want to progress and keep our better players.