Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, KFS said:

Everton being talked up as ‘doing a Leicester’ is wrong in so many ways.

Didn't Watford win their first 4 games the other year.... and what division are they in now.

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Difference in rules broken, but still punished.  Sterling had a scrap in camp and was dropped. Maguire broke the law in Greece and was dropped. These 3 have broken rules designed for safety that we all have to apply to. FA are inconsistent with how punishments are applied 

Sterling had an actual fight with a teammate.

Maguire reportedly scrapped with Greek police.

Chilwell/Tammy were invited to a surprise birthday party.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

A PL club spending £20m for a prolific Championship striker is not even close to a large gamble in the current era.

Bowen in January and Watkins this summer were two players we should've gone for. 

Watkins wanted to be first choice Geoff - his destination was limited by that demand 

2 hours ago, shen said:

Well if Castagne turns out better for the team than Chilwell, surely it would be a net gain? Either way, we've got the numbers in the squad - we needed some more quality, which we have hopefully got. Arguably we just need a new striker, but that would probably require either Perez or Nacho to go.

I only meant in numerical terms - the squad is +2 players larger. 

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Bit of a struggle this one. Aside from the fact (as already pointed out) we made three signings, does Watkins somehow count as more than one?

That question aside, surely spending 30 million on a 19 year old with half a season's worth of first team games is sufficiently saucy for you?

I meant numerically speaking. Chilwell out, Castagne, Under, Fofana in = net gain of 2 players. 

Guest Cujek
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You wonder what goes through the heads of those in power at United 

Beast of a player if fit, i think his time is past though.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You wonder what goes through the heads of those in power at United 

I'll be surprised if the outcome is different to what happened when they signed Falcao.

Souness blaming the pitch for the defeat yesterday. Like seriously, the “mans man” Graeme Souness giving players a pathetic excuse that they got spanked 7-2 because the pitch slowed down the ball. Well then add more zip to the ball.

WTF is wrong with just patting your opponent on the back and saying well done, you had our number today. It’s the same with Man C and us and to some extent, our approach to the defeat yesterday. 

Some times you just have to give credit where it is due. This excuse culture really pisses me off. 

Just noticed our Arsenal game on Saturday 24th hasn't been moved, even though we both play on Thursday 22nd in our first EL games. 

Surely it will get moved, or should be?! 

All other teams in Europe (barring Liverpool who play Wednesday) have had theirs moved for TV and get more than a day's rest. Tottenham play on the Monday after (26th).

Just now, StanSP said:

Just noticed our Arsenal game on Saturday 24th hasn't been moved, even though we both play on Thursday 22nd in our first EL games. 

Surely it will get moved, or should be?! 

All other teams in Europe (barring Liverpool who play Wednesday) have had theirs moved for TV and get more than a day's rest. Tottenham play on the Monday after (26th).

the fixtures are being decided with tv during break. the tv pictures they already announced are for purpose of facilities fees then the rest is going to be determined that is why no confirmation of arsenal fixture

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Beast of a player if fit, i think his time is past though.

Key word being 'if'. 35 games missed in 2 years is half a season each. That's a lot 

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'll be surprised if the outcome is different to what happened when they signed Falcao.

Wouldn't be surprised either, great player but time isn't on his side.

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

the maddest thing about falcao at yanited is that he didn't score against us - you can hang your hat on cavani being a shite signing due to injuries but still getting a brace against us ! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I only meant in numerical terms - the squad is +2 players larger. 

So we have added quality AND quantity. I'm not sure what your point is. In fact, we probably need to trim the squad a bit more, with Slimani, Ghezzal and to some extent James not contributing much football-wise.

I feel we're quite well covered on all positions. We're maybe lacking a bit of quality at LB and some depth at AM (as we saw yesterday), but I'm otherwise happy with this squad.

GK: Schmeichel / Ward / Jakupovic
RB: Castagne / Pereira / Justin / Amartey

CB (2x): Evans / Soyuncu / Fofana / Morgan / Benkovic / Amartey / Fuchs

LB: Castagne / Justin / Fuchs / Thomas

DM: Ndidi / Mendy / Choudhury

CM: Mendy / Tielemans / Praet / Dewsbury-Hall / Choudhury / James

AM: Maddison / Praet / Nacho / Perez

RW: Perez / Ünder / Gray / Albrighton

LW: Barnes / Gray / Albrighton / Maddison

ST: Vardy / Nacho / Perez

5 minutes ago, shen said:

So we have added quality AND quantity. I'm not sure what your point is. In fact, we probably need to trim the squad a bit more, with Slimani, Ghezzal and to some extent James not contributing much football-wise.

I feel we're quite well covered on all positions. We're maybe lacking a bit of quality at LB and some depth at AM (as we saw yesterday), but I'm otherwise happy with this squad.

GK: Schmeichel / Ward / Jakupovic
RB: Castagne / Pereira / Justin / Amartey

CB (2x): Evans / Soyuncu / Fofana / Morgan / Benkovic / Amartey / Fuchs

LB: Castagne / Justin / Fuchs / Thomas

DM: Ndidi / Mendy / Choudhury

CM: Mendy / Tielemans / Praet / Dewsbury-Hall / Choudhury / James

AM: Maddison / Praet / Nacho / Perez

RW: Perez / Ünder / Gray / Albrighton

LW: Barnes / Gray / Albrighton / Maddison

ST: Vardy / Nacho / Perez

The point was simply that we were giving teams like Villa and Everton loads of stick for their signings, but they've actually strengthened really well.

We have strengthened too - Castagne looks ace (and already looking like he'll be better than Chilwell), Under and Fofana are unknown quantities at the moment, although obviously much needed additions in their positions. 

But overall I'm not sure +2 players will be sufficient, especially this side of Christmas. In the short term that's exacerbated by the Ndidi, Maddison and Praet injuries too. And JJ (through no fault of his own) is looking a weaker link at the back. 

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

The point was simply that we were giving teams like Villa and Everton loads of stick for their signings, but they've actually strengthened really well.

We have strengthened too - Castagne looks ace (and already looking like he'll be better than Chilwell), Under and Fofana are unknown quantities at the moment, although obviously much needed additions in their positions. 

But overall I'm not sure +2 players will be sufficient, especially this side of Christmas. In the short term that's exacerbated by the Ndidi, Maddison and Praet injuries too. And JJ (through no fault of his own) is looking a weaker link at the back. 

Yeah, so far they look like they have strengthened well, but this comes off the back of a few poor transfer windows from both. But it's a bit early to pass judgement, so I wouldn't be bothered by people on here wanting to jump the gun. 

Fact of the matter is, it's easier for Villa and Everton to strengthen than it is for us - simply because our first XI has been superior to both in the first place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Pretty disgusting from Arsenal this is when they have a player on £300k doing absolutely nothing. What's the guy on, about £18k a year maximum for doing this?

Screenshot_20201005_104226.jpg

This is sensationalism.

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I meant numerically speaking. Chilwell out, Castagne, Under, Fofana in = net gain of 2 players. 

Not the best way of looking at it. You've increased the quality in the squad. That's better than padding it out with 5 0r 6 sub-standard players that don't improve the starting 11.

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It’s obvious Maguire is not strong-minded.  He isn’t wired to handle the weight of that transfer fee, much less the United captaincy.  Won’t face the press after a bad match.

Now he’s damaged his off-the-field reputation.  And the worse place his mind gets to, the more shockingly he plays.

He’s a national laughing stock.  The ₤80M pound fridge/wardrobe is the dominant theme on football social media.  Maguire jokes and memes get massive reposts and upvotes.  His image as a player is now fixed in the public mind.

My reflex is to feel bad for him, because he is a decent character and gave his best for us.  But as a United player he’s spent too much time badgering officials and making excuses, and not enough just getting on with it.  My mental image of him now is arms outstretched, on his ass, looking for a ref to complain to.  He’s slotted into that Entitlement Crew as if he’d been there his whole life.

A great transfer for LCFC, but it’s ruining Maguire’s career.  Elite young players: when you hear the siren song of the Big Money Six, make sure it’s the right move at the right time!

It amazes me how much he gets battered by utd fans but dare to suggest soyuncu is or will be better and the abuse gets transferred on to you lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Abraham said he "deeply regrets" it. No you're not mate, you "deeply regret" getting caught.

I dont really get this, Foden and Greenwood were dropped and sent home for having some Icelandic hotties into their hotel room but have a party with loads of people.....no problem!