Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

It’s obvious Maguire is not strong-minded.  He isn’t wired to handle the weight of that transfer fee, much less the United captaincy.  Won’t face the press after a bad match.

Now he’s damaged his off-the-field reputation.  And the worse place his mind gets to, the more shockingly he plays.

He’s a national laughing stock.  The ₤80M pound fridge/wardrobe is the dominant theme on football social media.  Maguire jokes and memes get massive reposts and upvotes.  His image as a player is now fixed in the public mind.

My reflex is to feel bad for him, because he is a decent character and gave his best for us.  But as a United player he’s spent too much time badgering officials and making excuses, and not enough just getting on with it.  My mental image of him now is arms outstretched, on his ass, looking for a ref to complain to.  He’s slotted into that Entitlement Crew as if he’d been there his whole life.

A great transfer for LCFC, but it’s ruining Maguire’s career.  Elite young players: when you hear the siren song of the Big Money Six, make sure it’s the right move at the right time!

Maguire needs to be a strong enough character to overcome his problems and the ridicule he receives.

In the late 1980's Tony Adams suffered terrible abuse with the Eeyore donkey chants and caricatures but he managed to regain his form. He came back stronger and became an Arsenal and Premier League legend. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Maguire needs to be a strong enough character to overcome his problems and the ridicule he receives.

In the late 1980's Tony Adams suffered terrible abuse with the Eeyore donkey chants and caricatures but he managed to regain his form. He came back stronger and became an Arsenal and Premier League legend. 

Do you think Harry has it in him?

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Telles signs for Man Utd. 

Good signing... 

I’m not so sure, from the off I felt this was more of a desperate signing... 27 and hardly set the world alight, he is an improvement on Shaw but that isn’t difficult lol at least they didn’t throw loads of money at this one and got him for a good price 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I hope this isn't true but if it is then I feel bad fir Maguire. A lot of people are on Bruno's side but Bruno Fernandes have a history of doing this. He comes across as a petulant child. Nobody likes losing. No need for this.

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope this isn't true but if it is then I feel bad fir Maguire. A lot of people are on Bruno's side but Bruno Fernandes have a history of doing this. He comes across as a petulant child. Nobody likes losing. No need for this.

What's the history with Bruno? 

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Stuff like that happens all the time I expect

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Was Fernandes the one that had a row with someone on the pitch in the Europa League game last season? I think it was against Sevilla but can't remember who the argument was with.

Yes. It was with Lindelof. He also has history of doing it at Sporting. Man comes scross as a ****. Better players than him dont act like that when losing. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Yes. It was with Lindelof. He also has history of doing it at Sporting. Man comes scross as a ****. Better players than him dont act like that when losing. 

To be honest apart from the odd penalty when was the last time he himself had a good game? 

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

I am fortunate enough to be able to have a channel that shows games from the 70s and 80s.  One game, Man Utd v Arsenal has the teenager Adams coming on as a sub when MU have a corner.  Within seconds of arriving in the penalty area he is directing operations ..... Adams, a born leader - and great to see him go from the donkey chant to someone nearly all supporters admired.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Do you think Harry has it in him?

I think he is too “nice”.  If he turns out to be as good as Adams I’ll be very surprised.

1 hour ago, Swiss_tony said:

what's the view on Lamella. I think it was disgraceful  that he initiates and gets no punishment.

Totally agree.  I wish VAR would do something about this form of cheating