Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

West Ham are the perfect club for him really, can see him doing fairly well. He will make the step up but not sure he's going to be a world beater like some think he is. I'd have him here bit he'd be a squad player and that wouldn't suit him.

On 10/10/2020 at 02:37, Aus Fox said:

Surely this could have been down similar to season tickets, where individual clubs could have sold a package for the games they had not on sky and shown them on their club website.

If all of the people who had already spent the £70 on their season tickets could have been given this free and different packages could have been made available, thus ensuring clubs get their revenue and supporters get to see their team without being ripped off. 
Imagine being a supporter and spending 300 odd quid on individual games, on top of Sky Sports, BT and the season ticket money... they are killing the game.

Meanwhile on the other side of the world I pay $90 a month (about 50quid) for my Household Internet, phone and basic tv package which includes every Premier League, Europa League, Champions League, FA Cup and International games as well as other leagues such as the J League and K League, women’s games and some other random games I find myself watching.

We shall never know, but I genuinely believe that we would have made it free to air like we do with friendlies, during this pandemic. 

I also believe we will be one of the most reasonably priced packages of we ever do get to control our own pricing when it is inevitably all ppv, but hope we don't get the chance as we then become like Spain and Scotland where the richest get all the spoils and the rest share the scraps). 

Additionally, I accept that leicester are contrite in their season ticket howler and move on accordingly. 

I appreciate the cynicism from others but I'm comfortable with my stance and it leaves me in a happier place. 

On 09/10/2020 at 18:48, SecretPro said:

🤣 £15 quid per game and then they wonder why people use illegal streams. Football in this country is absolute daylight robbery. Anybody who argues otherwise is an absolute moron. 

They actually quoted that it was similar to what people pay to go to the game. 

But we are not going to the game! Your product is vastly inferior to what we pay to go to the game! We don't want your bells and whistles! We want to go to the game you morons! 

We are not your target audience! And we are also not a captive audience due to illegal streams! 

It really is simple business and I am staggered that they can get it so wrong and the clubs (excluding us.) have actually backed them! 

I was thinking that they should get far more people because each club would have its own fans, but the truth is that they have had it too good for too long. 

They have been allowed to charge everyone a much higher fee for the odd away game that we don't go to, whereas other countries are far more reasonable and charge per team at lower rates. 

The end result is that we are by far the richest league in the world, but if they were forced to climb down, they would pay less to the league and the players would earn less. 

I genuinely believe it wouldn't make any difference! 

We would then only pay 50% more wages rather than double. 

I am amazed the players have managed to milk even more of the money pumped into football when they are already earning more than they should ever be able to spend in their lifetime anyway! 

Edited by gw_leics772
Expanded
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Big 6 in a blatant attempt at a power grab, packaged up as a way to help the EFL. 

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-man-utd-drive-project-big-picture-premier-leageue-control

It all sounds ok apart from the Big 6 veto, especially on owners for other clubs. Absolute nonsense if they think other clubs will agree to that.

Yeah - next thing  the clubs will be voting for their STH’s to stump up £15 to watch the games on telly .........

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One thing I will say (if they get him) is that West Ham's approach to transfers feels a lot less scattergun than before. There's genuine logic behind the likes of Bowen etc.

You say this but look at what they’ve done. They sell a promising well loved youth player who could well have a higher upward potential. For half of what SB is going to cost them. Take a massive backlash from the fans and are now signing another winger but one that’s much older. 

Looks to me like a panic buy, albeit a good one. I’m SB biggest fan and I think he will be great but if Leicester sold Barnes (closest comparison I could think of) to bring him in, I’d question it. 

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

You say this but look at what they’ve done. They sell a promising well loved youth player who could well have a higher upward potential. For half of what SB is going to cost them. Take a massive backlash from the fans and are now signing another winger but one that’s much older. 

Looks to me like a panic buy, albeit a good one. I’m SB biggest fan and I think he will be great but if Leicester sold Barnes (closest comparison I could think of) to bring him in, I’d question it. 

I can see what you mean although Diangana isn't quite the same as Barnes mind - and Benrahma is only three years older than the former.

Perhaps they think Diangana is a flash in the pan? It just seems a lot more sensible to me than their previous model of signing faded / fading names from the continent 

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I can see what you mean although Diangana isn't quite the same as Barnes mind - and Benrahma is only three years older than the former.

Perhaps they think Diangana is a flash in the pan? It just seems a lot more sensible to me than their previous model of signing faded / fading names from the continent 

It’s definitely a huge improvement for them but I’m still thinking Benhrama was either not a target or was low down their list until recently. They suggested that they needed that money for a defender and that’s why they let him go on the cheap. 

Im sure hammers fans will be happy either way though 

13 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One thing I will say (if they get him) is that West Ham's approach to transfers feels a lot less scattergun than before. There's genuine logic behind the likes of Bowen etc.

West Ham have a better side than they get credit for. They're another like us who seem to deal in extremes, when they're off it they are repulsive, but they actually have quite a few good players in that side.

I was wrong about Bowen. I thought he'd get found out for lack of pace in this league. Totally wrong. He'd have been a good buy for us.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 16:03, st albans fox said:

Benrahma looks to be West Ham bound .....potentially 30mill ...........Crystal Palace may try and hijack the deal ....

Not interested at 30 mil. Under has so much more potential and talent and for probably less money if we choose to buy him next season.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

West Ham have a better side than they get credit for. They're another like us who seem to deal in extremes, when they're off it they are repulsive, but they actually have quite a few good players in that side.

I was wrong about Bowen. I thought he'd get found out for lack of pace in this league. Totally wrong. He'd have been a good buy for us.

Same mate, I was a huge fan of Bowen in 2018/19 and then the longer he didn't get a move to the Prem the more I convinced myself he was another Knockaert who's lack of pace would be the obstacle to the top level. 

So far he seems to have adapted very well and his finishing has always been his main asset which he's taken up a level and not had much difficulty. 

Tha gap between the championship and the prem is closing now as there’s more money there than in most European leagues. So the top players are making it in the prem more often. Would be very surprised if SB didn’t cut it as he’s been a class above all his rivals. But he could turn out to be another Knockaert 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/11/arsene-wenger-arsenal-manager-football

Great interview with Arsene Wenger today, I enjoyed this part especially::

The critics started in 2016, when we finished second in the league, because we didn’t win the championship. And I would say that if we finished second in the league today, it would be a huge success. But because Leicester won the championship, everybody else was guilty. But they had a super team and they lost only three games in the season. Overall, it is like that when you are a long time somewhere"

He comes across as a very classy guy though, definitely a legend of the English (and world) game!

A lot of international teams are having key players 'pulled out'.... this is what happens when you're stupid enough to schedule a game for a Wednesday before a Saturday full of league games.

I thought they'd fixed this with the Thursday/Sunday schedule but looks like they've reverted to Sunday/Wednesdays for November too! 

This as well: 

Things really aren't looking as rosy at Chelsea as they might do on paper after the transfer window they just had. Worrying for Ben if the injury is still persisting. Is the curse of Leicester players to Chelsea continuing? (And I know that Kante went on to win the PL with them, but even so, considering the talent he has it's really not worked out for him as you would have expected). 

34 minutes ago, Manini said:

How do you fall out with Kante, he’s widely regarded as one of the nicest blokes in football? I reckon Lampard is completely out of his depth. 

There have been reports for a year now of Chelsea trying to move Kante on.  Like Sarri, Lampard plays a 3 man midfield, which negates some of his unique value.

I'd love to see him at a club that would use him properly.

• Like 1