Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

According to John Percy we were the only team to vote against this.

From a purely selfish point of view, at least a lot of our games will have to be scheduled for Sunday's because of the Europa league, so those matches are possibly more likely to have been on TV anyway? For fans of clubs who tend to have low coverage, this is particularly annoying. As mentioned though it will be really interested to see which matches are scheduled for the PPV slots. 

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

According to John Percy we were the only team to vote against this.

From a purely selfish point of view, at least a lot of our games will have to be scheduled for Sunday's because of the Europa league, so those matches are possibly more likely to have been on TV anyway? For fans of clubs who tend to have low coverage, this is particularly annoying. As mentioned though it will be really interested to see which matches are scheduled for the PPV slots. 

They don’t tend to do that sadly. We will just play on Sunday but not be given extra coverage just because of that. Back in normal times lol Sunday Europa league teams were usually joint with the televised 2pm game or on their own at 3pm 

47 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Might actually have to listen to stringer.... Bollocks to paying extra for games on top of a sky package... ****ing scandalous... 

Only if you live within range and can get it on the wireless. The broadcast stops on the Internet at kick off. 

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see PPV stay even after the Covid restrictions are lifted.  This is a slippery slope.

I do think we're heading for all matches to be televised with many being pay per view even when crowds are back. Don't rule out Sunday night kick-offs being a regular thing going forward.

• Like 1

Not a good move, but with that said I think a PPV system where one can watch all their club's games vs a subscription system where its a lottery if your games are picked, is not super bad, but I think the pricing per game is ridiculous, and given EPL clubs clubs are still getting the billions from their normal TV rights, this was not needed.

9 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Get IPTV its soo much cheaper I have no idea why anyone pays for sky tv or other similar deals in general. Unless you just don't have much technical knowhow

I'm a technological retard  and I set one up easily. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nnickn said:

Just get a motorised satellite setup (all in less than 150 quid)

You can watch any match you want then.

I've been think of doing something like that for a while. What channels do you watch, is there any subscription?

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

've been think of doing something like that for a while. What channels do you watch, is there any subscription?

many European channels show PL , spoilt for choice.

If you wanted to pay subscription, cost  you about 5 euro a month, I don't bother though, have a good setup, and find the match where it is free

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nnickn said:

many European channels show PL , spoilt for choice.

If you wanted to pay subscription, cost  you about 5 euro a month, I don't bother though, have a good setup, and find the match where it is free

Is there a website where I could study the subject a bit?

Look I get that all clubs have lost money, but £15 a game and they can f**k right off. It's actually extortion and they know fans have no alternatives as we can't go to the games. Then they wonder why illegal streaming is on the rise. If they charged a reasonable amount then people would pay it. 

• Like 2