Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

That Pickford challenge looks worse everytime I see it. 

The people behind VAR assumed that the challenge was irrelevant if VVD was offside IMO which, as explained by the ref on BT is incorrect and they are therefore not fit for the job, if so. 

Agreed, i have seen players sent off when the ball isn’t in play. So for it to be ignored, is an odd one by those responsible for VAR. 

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It is nothing to do with the whistle, VAR didn't see it as dangerous play. Ridiculous.

This is what highlights the issue with VAR. I think we all accept that over the years refs would miss things in a a fast moving game, var was meant to come in and help with that. All its done is highlight they haven't got a clue about that laws of the game they are meant to be officiating on. I mean there's 3 of them in that room looking at that tackle, one of them could have googled the rule in the time they looked at it.

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Arkie Bennett said:

Robertson should have been booked for the shirt pull in the first half, and given his second for that kick out. Lenient refereeing favouring certain teams as usual.

Given that Everton should be down to ten men, I suspect a Liverpool player will need a machete to get sent off now 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

This is what highlights the issue with VAR. I think we all accept that over the years refs would miss things in a a fast moving game, var was meant to come in and help with that. All its done is highlight they haven't got a clue about that laws of the game they are meant to be officiating on. I mean there's 3 of them in that room looking at that tackle, one of them could have googled the rule in the time they looked at it.

“One of them could have googled it .. “ ...  love that one flannel !! ...   lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Apparently he didn't check for a red ffs

Just been explained on US coverage that checked offside due to possible penalty, player was offside so no penalty and no need to go further and look at the foul 

• Like 1