Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I usually see outrage about this stuff and think "yeah, but it's England and people will shell out anyway".

I don't see that happening with this though. You'd have to be insane to think that's a decent way to spend 15 quid per week.

• Like 1

Pay for all three subscription services and has always been quite judgemental of people who stream but I simply would not be able to justify 15 for one game. That’s next level bullshit seeming Leicester aren’t on the subscription half the time. Might well cancel my sky and bt as well but haven’t decided. (Amazon is very good value so fair play to them).

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

So, to watch the Premier League legally in the UK, you have to pay:

On Sky:

For new customers:

£39 a month for Sky Sports for 18 months; or

£52 a month for Sky Sports and BT Sports for 18 months; or

For existing customers:

£23 a month for Sky Sports channels for 18 months; or

£18 a month for Sky Premier League and Football on a 31-day rolling contract; or

£40 a month for Sky Sports and BT Sports for 18 months; or

On NOWTV:

£9.99 for a 24 hour pass; or

£14.99 for a 7 day pass; or

£33.99 for a 14 day pass; or

On BT Sport:

£25 a month, no contract; or

£29.99 a month to add it to your Sky Package, with a rolling contract option for £35 up front; or

£29.99 a month to add it to your TalkTalk TV package, with a rolling contract option for £35 up front; or

On Amazon:

£7.99 a month 

Sky/NowTV are offering 140 Premier League games this season

BT Sport are offering "just over 50" Premier League games this season

Amazon are offering 20 Premier League games this season plus the Tottenham Hotspur documentary "Nothing".

According to my dodgy calculations you're looking at at least £60 a month (£480 for a season) for access to all UK broadcast matches, which isn't even half the number of fixtures.

And now they expect you to pay AN EXTRA £15 per match?

Meanwhile, by comparison, in Botswana it would cost you 670 Pula - £45 a month - to access every single match in every single sport.

Sky, BT, Amazon and the Premier League can all get in the ****ing sea. I'm sticking to streaming.

• Haha 1

not saying that games should be free to view, that would be unfair on existing BT/Sky subscribers but £15 a go is a bit excessive when the current now TV day pass is £9.99. It could actually work in favour of he "lesser" teams though. If the broadcasters select those games as part of the normal package, then there will be more people paying the higher pay to view price for the "big" teams games no? 

I tend to look at the fixtures to see how many of our games are going to be on, then decide if it is worth getting a monthly pass or not. If we are only on sky once, say, then i don't bother and just get a day pass, but more than once and its worth the monthly one. I got BT at a discounted £15 per month through my EE phone contract as they will have all the EL games, but wouldn't have bothered if it was not for that.

Even with the BT discount that can be almost £50 per month, so i am not gong to be paying out another £15 per game. OK so you have to end up running malware and deleting cookies after downloading some of the illegal streams but that is a small price to pay (just make sure your anti-virus is running ok).

These matches wouldn't be on the TV normally, you'd have to attend the match to see them. You know your Sky subscription only covers a percentage of the matches. I can understand you might think the price is a bit steep but I can't see where the outrage is coming from. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

These matches wouldn't be on the TV normally, you'd have to attend the match to see them. You know your Sky subscription only covers a percentage of the matches. I can understand you might think the price is a bit steep but I can't see where the outrage is coming from. 

I've just read that the subscriptions will be split amongst the clubs to compensate lack of matchday revenue which makes me feel slightly better about the whole arrangement. I think that is being lost on a lot of people who think their additional payments are lining Sky's profits.

Doesn't bother me unless my IPTV package stops working, assuming they'll still be on NBC no problem. Thought they would keep the sat 3pm kick off times though, I'm bored of the staggered kick off times, I think there is such a thing of too much football on TV over a whole weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I've just read that the subscriptions will be split amongst the clubs to compensate lack of matchday revenue which makes me feel slightly better about the whole arrangement. I think that is being lost on a lot of people who think their additional payments are lining Sky's profits.

Ayr but I bet they'll still want another rebate from the PL.

1 minute ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I think it would have to be, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the teams on the normal Sky matches. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clubs are losing match day income, they're having to rebate international broadcasters and they're being pressured into giving money to the lower leagues. This is a way to make a little bit of that money back, is that so bad? 

Like a lot of us ill be watching on an IPTV  so it's not worth getting upset about. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I actually think this benefits the bigger teams. So the Man city's, Liverpool, Manure etc will be on sky/bt as "chosen" games anyways so their supporters won't have to pay any more. But if you support a club who isn't going to be selected for normal subscription games then you'll be forking out a lot more than those glory fans, but the bigger teams will still be getting a share of those profits. Doesn't seem that fair to me that if I pay to watch Leicester above and beyond my usual sky/bt subscription a part of my money will go to Manure United. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Can anyone PM me a good IPTV link if they’ve got one?

I really can’t justify £15 a game when there’s cheaper alternatives and stream websites are too hit and miss 

Look on aliexpress /alibaba there are loads. Ask for a 24 hour trial first. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I actually think this benefits the bigger teams. So the Man city's, Liverpool, Manure etc will be on sky/bt as "chosen" games anyways so their supporters won't have to pay any more. But if you support a club who isn't going to be selected for normal subscription games then you'll be forking out a lot more than those glory fans, but the bigger teams will still be getting a share of those profits. Doesn't seem that fair to me that if I pay to watch Leicester above and beyond my usual sky/bt subscription a part of my money will go to Manure United. 

That's a fair point. 

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

True, but if you are in charge of making November's TV picks, do you select Man City v Liverpool as a free pick, or do you leave it so that supporters have to pay £14.95 to watch? I think it will be really interesting what they pick next month.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Can anyone PM me a good IPTV link if they’ve got one?

I really can’t justify £15 a game when there’s cheaper alternatives and stream websites are too hit and miss 

I've heard EXODUS are ok.....:whistle: