Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, trabuch said:

You can't. You'd have to take frames per second and relative speed of movement between the defender and attacker into account - let alone when you determine the pass as being made. It's crazy - this wasn't how VAR was sold to us.. Today it has missed a clear and obvious red card and given 2 barely detectable offside decisions.

• They always use the first frame in which the ball has left the foot. In this case it is always consistent. 
  • The lines are drawn in 3D space using multiple camera angles, we only see from the one angle they choose to show us. 
  • Offside is offside. 

What pees me off more is the interpretation type VAR's i.e. dives, hand balls, red cards where it is still down to a bloke making crap (IMO) decisions! 

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

It's amazing how much difference it can make to a players confidence to not have his own fans booing him every week. He's always been a good player with fantastic potential but our fans are just toxic sometimes

Yep. Sometimes fans don't exactly help. Listen to Lampard talk about his time at West Ham, it's mental to think their fans pushed him out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Yep. Sometimes fans don't exactly help. Listen to Lampard talk about his time at West Ham, it's mental to think their fans pushed him out.

As if grown men would boo and hound a talented you footballer who is still improving during their time at a less fancied club?!

Have zero interest in what Chilwell does at Chelsea. He's moved on, he's just another opposition player now. But it is interesting to note that he was withdrawn from the England squad with "an injury" and yet less than 3 days later is starting for Chelsea and setting up a goal. We clearly need to start pulling the same kind of trick to protect our players.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Seeing pundits and ex pros slag it off is even more enraging, given that they’re the ****ing ones who wanted it to begin with 

I think its causing a lot more controversy than when it wasn't around, without VAR you would maybe have 1 or 2 incidents in a game which anger the fans at most VAR is just creating more problem situations for no reason.  BIN IT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Have zero interest in what Chilwell does at Chelsea. He's moved on, he's just another opposition player now. But it is interesting to note that he was withdrawn from the England squad with "an injury" and yet less than 3 days later is starting for Chelsea and setting up a goal. We clearly need to start pulling the same kind of trick to protect our players.

Oh I do. Its great seeing that most of FT was wrong about something (and very vocally so) - although it is early days.

Agree on the England point although players probably more bothered if they're not first choice in England team already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's amazing how much difference it can make to a players confidence to not have his own fans booing him every week. He's always been a good player with fantastic potential but our fans are just toxic sometimes

Totally agree. Im still.amazed man city didn't make a.move for him to replace that absolute tool (in relative terms) Mendy and the sub sub par Zinchenko

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Leg bends back, similar to Zouma and Ibra?

Seems we’ve lost any balance between protecting the keeper and protecting the attacker.

Can you imagine when Ederson sees that Pickford got away with that?  He’s going to be the most dangerous unarmed man in England.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, martyn said:

Don Hutchison saying Chilwell has "gone up a notch" from the player he was at Leicester. He has played 120 mins in the PL for Chelsea. 

I can't help feeling that Chilwell lost his mojo with us from November to a much larger extent than our other players, and I suspect some tapping up by Chelsea players during the England meet-ups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

Don't see how razor thin stops the 'games gone' brigade. If anything it exacerbates the problem - the mirage of technical perfection which can't happen when the technology is controlled by humans. 

If the lines were a fair bit thicker (the equivalent a football's width seems too wide, but along those lines) the rule could change such that if the lines overlapped it wasn't offside

See - I think what you suggest exacerbates the problem. How does giving a margin of error do anything to solve the current issue? You’d have close decisions where the width or allowance barely does or does not overlap and you still have the core issue which is how / where they draw the lines. 

Also - wow they really breezed through that last Chelsea goal. The one view I saw (not the one pictured above) looked very close. Certainly enough to see some lines drawn. 

Edited by Bats8711