Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wolves vs Toon next. On paper this game could cure insomnia.  Two teams that are very anti football and hate possession. 

If Wolves win we need to get something from the Arse otherwise we'll be stuck in Mid-table.

Just now, surrifox said:

The last ex saints manager worked out well for us - what could go wrong ?

Puel wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he was far from the worst. Hasenhuttl seems to have really found his feet and I like his style of football. It might be a suitable option for our young group of players, especially when we hopefully start producing better quality players from our new training ground. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davieG said:

If Wolves win we need to get something from the Arse otherwise we'll be stuck in Mid-table.

Not looking forward to this game, even if it is Newcastle. They are a bit of a bogey side for us. 1993 was our last home win against them, and they have gone very attacking due to injuries with a midfield full of wingers. Literally 6 of them on the pitch!! 

What does endangering your opponent actually mean? Surely any challenge where a player gets injured is one that endangers them but we don't send players off every time someone gets injured. The Digne one looks nasty but it just looks really unfortunate to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What does endangering your opponent actually mean? Surely any challenge where a player gets injured is one that endangers them but we don't send players off every time someone gets injured. The Digne one looks nasty but it just looks really unfortunate to me.

I think endangering is obviously open to interpretation, but watching that challenge back Digne plants his foot on the ankle and it's one of those with a little misfortune can cause an ankle break. I don't think it was a wrong decision

• Like 1

You could see Digne was going to have another pop a mile off. Interestingly though, he was already going to get  a yellow for the first attempt to foul him, is it possible to get 2 yellow cards in the same phase? Because surely he deserves 2 just for that?  But the second obviously was a straight red but ive never seen an incident where a player gets an advantage to only be chopped by the same player again. 

Surely thats still 2 separate incidents?

Reckon the red was the right call for Digne. And as a result, not a clear and obvious mistake from the ref.

You just simply can't be allowed to go studs on achilles. It does look worse because the studs stay on there as Walker-Peters falls, but even if that didn't happen, it's still a red.

I might be biased on this but not sure how people can argue that’s not dangerous. 

I actually had my Achilles ruptured by something similar and it’s so unnecessary. It’s moronic, he has every intention to foul him, but why go in like that, just trip the bloke