Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Sold him for £840k to Bournemouth and resigned him again for £18m after a mere 37 PL games in a relegated team. 

Sheff Utd spending another 20m then. 

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

How do you mean, radio silence? 

We've not posted a single photo of them back in pre-season nor any articles with quotes from Rodgers or the players. Seems odd, especially given the fixtures are now out as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I like how all their fans are wanking over losing £17m (net) on a keeper from a relegated team. 

I'm just waiting until talk about them doing it on a shoestring budget. This is nearly 100m they've spent since coming up.

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I like how all their fans are wanking over losing £17m (net) on a keeper from a relegated team. 

Nothing wrong with buying players from relegated teams if they are good enough - Hull must have been really dire to go down with Robertson and Maguire in defence.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Nothing wrong with buying players from relegated teams if they are good enough - Hull must have been really dire to go down with Robertson and Maguire in defence.

Team game. I've never understood people who don't want to buy from relegated teams.

Players like Carrick and Defoe got relegated with West Ham.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Team game. I've never understood people who don't want to buy from relegated teams.

Players like Carrick and Defoe got relegated with West Ham.

Rico got relegated with Fulham, will be playing in the Champions League Final next week.

Sometimes relegation doesn't mean all of the players are poor, sometimes it's the system or them gelling.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've not posted a single photo of them back in pre-season nor any articles with quotes from Rodgers or the players. Seems odd, especially given the fixtures are now out as well.

From the Merc Rodgers on WBA is the only bit I've seen.

“The new season is already very close and now we’ve got our fixtures, we can look ahead to what we hope will be another exciting campaign for this football club and another step on our journey together," said Rodgers.

“We begin the new season away to West Bromwich Albion, which I think will be a really good test for us, as they’re a team full of quality and with the momentum of promotion behind them.

“For us, I’m really pleased with the way the team have developed over the last 18 months, and now we need to show the ambition to continue that progress.

“We approach the new season with renewed desire and determination to continue our progression as a club.

"We also have European football to look forward to and I know the players are itching to get back out on the pitch to show what they’re capable of and give the Blue Army something to shout about."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm just waiting until talk about them doing it on a shoestring budget. This is nearly 100m they've spent since coming up.

100 million is a shoe string budget these days. We have spent that on slimani, Perez and tielemans combined. The won't of spent much over 100 million on their entire squad. 

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

100 million is a shoe string budget these days. We have spent that on slimani, Perez and tielemans combined. The won't of spent much over 100 million on their entire squad. 

After we won the league and won 100+ million from the CL. Way different - our title winning squad was assembled for about £25 if I remember correctly. Inflation etc etc but that comparison is apples and oranges imo.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

After we won the league and won 100+ million from the CL. Way different - our title winning squad was assembled for about £25 if I remember correctly. Inflation etc etc but that comparison is apples and oranges imo.

Different times though. Each team gets 150 million just from premier league prize money. It’s not like Sheffield United are overspending. They still have a comparatively cheap teams.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty sure he will be ....... but same point applies ....

Not really. He still part of the that team, he's played the games. If we're considering players not good enough because they played in a relegated team, surely we can judge Rico to be good enough as he actually playing in a team thats reached the CL final.