Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Listening to the football daily podcast from Monday, Charlie Adam/Dublin are talking about how the best teams play open, expansive football with pace to defend 1 on 1 situations. And they're all realising Maguire isn't the player for that.  Which I'm finding amusing, as most of us saw that in his last year with us

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Listening to the football daily podcast from Monday, Charlie Adam/Dublin are talking about how the best teams play open, expansive football with pace to defend 1 on 1 situations. And they're all realising Maguire isn't the player for that.  Which I'm finding amusing, as most of us saw that in his last year with us

Slow as fvck. Nightmares when he got turned away at Huddersfield and couldn't get back when they scored.

I think my shock with the David Silva statue is that they have had so many iconic and important players recently. Aguero, kompany (although I believe he is getting a statue), Dr bruyne, fernandinho etc. I am sure they will continue to have players of that stature/importance moving forward. It just feels a bit premature for a statue (and probably shows that I have underestimated his significance to people at man city). 

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Are we waiting for Wes to retire before him and Claudio get their statue lifting the premier league?

For me if we ever had statue of that amazing season I'd rather wait at least decade later like reveal on the 10th anniversary. Aswell as Birch's statue which certainly long overdue. In fact next year will be Birch's 50th year with the club! Anything in the pipeline. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Jeff Hendrick is set to become a Newcastle United player, on a free transfer from Burnley.

Can't imagine any Newcastle fan moaning about this, not at all..:whistle:

Really? Haha they have gone from dreams of Mbappe to this lol 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Jeff Hendrick is set to become a Newcastle United player, on a free transfer from Burnley.

Can't imagine any Newcastle fan moaning about this, not at all..:whistle:

NUFCsez.JPG.18bf3ad9a2833ffb92677dcf798cbf09.JPG

Yep, you nailed it Wymsey.

(BTW, it's creepy to see all of the Arab and Staveley avatars still on their forum)

• Haha 2

On 18/08/2020 at 08:43, UniFox21 said:

Paul Ince deciding Silva and Kompany don't deserve statues as players like Henry and Bergkamp don't have them outside Arsenal. Little does he realise Henry has had one for 9 years and Bergkamp for 6 years. Great bit of punditry there. 

Sums up the state of pundits.

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This seems to confirm that our offer for Deeney was accepted, but he decided to stay put. Deeney and Vardy would have made a great combination I think, especially with the Ranieri counter attack style. 

I don't know. I interpret that as an offer was there which Watford were willing to consider if Deeney said he wanted to go, or he could have pushed for a move as there was substantial interest from us.

I know we weren't as established then but I think Deeney would have taken CL football if it was in front of him and he probably knew a lot of our lads which would have made us more appealing.

IMO we'd have ruined Deeney's career. 

I don't actually think he's vastly better than Slimani he just has a better attitude. 

We'd still have ****ed up by trying to play Vardy in the Okazaki role and Deeney in the Vardy role as we did with Slimani, it'd still have been terrible and he'd still have spent most of his career here playing second fiddle to a very different type of striker. 

The moral of the story is signing some "target man" to be a "plan b" is a ****ing stupid idea that City fans need to get over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I take it as he could have moved by kicking up a fuss asking for a transfer but he never did.

He defo would have come to us if Watford accepted a bid. He’d be a fool not to.

Agreed. Not being arrogant but no way he would have rejected champions league football with us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

IMO we'd have ruined Deeney's career. 

I don't actually think he's vastly better than Slimani he just has a better attitude. 

We'd still have ****ed up by trying to play Vardy in the Okazaki role and Deeney in the Vardy role as we did with Slimani, it'd still have been terrible and he'd still have spent most of his career here playing second fiddle to a very different type of striker. 

The moral of the story is signing some "target man" to be a "plan b" is a ****ing stupid idea that City fans need to get over. 

Can't agree, particularly with the third sentence. Ulloa was finito after 15/16, if anything Deeney would've taken Leo's role over the 16/17 season and grown into the squad.

Slimani's main fault was his character, it was clear a year in seeing how Vardy was around him against Wolves away pre-season they didn't get along and Slimani wasn't effective enough to usurp Vardy in the squad anyway so it was over for him. I think Deeney would've been more likely to crack on with his role in the squad with Vards instead of trying to take over. Deeney's also a leader, a character who could've improved us particularly these last couple seasons.

• Like 1