Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

32 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-city-football-shirts-among-4429778

Here is a full list of how much every Premier League club is charging for their standard adult replica shirts:

Tottenham Hotspur: £70.00

Chelsea: £69.95

Liverpool: £69.95

Manchester City: £65.00

Newcastle United: £65.00

Manchester United: £64.95

Arsenal: £60.00

Aston Villa: £57.00

Everton: £55.00

Leicester City: £55.00

Sheffield United: £55.00

Southampton: £55.00

West Bromwich Albion: £55.00

West Ham United: £55.00

Wolverhampton Wanderers: £55.00

Brighton & Hove Albion: £52.00

Crystal Palace: £50.00

Burnley, Fulham and Leeds United have not released their strips yet.

That table should be the other way up as surely those at the top sell more so should be able benefit from that to keep the price lower.

There all overpriced anyway.

The clubs should be embarrassed looking at these prices. I have no idea why the feel the need to rip us all off. Wanted to buy my lad a GK top yesterday. 35 quid!! He's only 5. How do they justify it? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, adam said:

The clubs should be embarrassed looking at these prices. I have no idea why the feel the need to rip us all off. Wanted to buy my lad a GK top yesterday. 35 quid!! He's only 5. How do they justify it? 

They just don't try to besides there's obviously enough people buying at those prices for them to say they're meeting their sales/profit targets. Even the one's they sell off 'cheap' later on I bet they at least cover their costs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/leicester-city-football-shirts-among-4429778

Here is a full list of how much every Premier League club is charging for their standard adult replica shirts:

That table should be the other way up as surely those at the top sell more so should be able benefit from that to keep the price lower.

Some fans buy all 3 kits every season as well. Sometimes for the whole family. Staggering costs

12 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm sure I saw an Adidas ad pop up on my phone recently pricing our home King Power kit at £49.95 on their store. No patches, names or numbers though.

Edit: I was wrong it was £59.95 :revenge:

Edited by ALC Fox

4 hours ago, davieG said:

They're shocking prices considering what they are, bit of material with a badgeon. I'll assume the cost price is about £5.

Didn't Adidas have our shirt available as a plain training shirt the other year for about £10 on the website. 

Last season Fulham shirts were more expensive than ours!

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

They're shocking prices considering what they are, bit of material with a badgeon. I'll assume the cost price is about £5.

Didn't Adidas have our shirt available as a plain training shirt the other year for about £10 on the website. 

Last season Fulham shirts were more expensive than ours!

You can buy exactly the same shirts them on dodgy websites for £20 each. They’re making margins at that.

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Joe Hart going to Spurs. 

Good move financially for him, but he's just going to be on the bench again. Strange one.

I think he'll be third choice as well! Gazzaniga played 25 times last season... what with Lloris Arm injury and his *ahem* rest periods (in rehab) :ph34r:

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Joe Hart going to Spurs. 

Good move financially for him, but he's just going to be on the bench again. Strange one.

Agreed, I'd do the same in his position.

He's not going to get any better would be the type of player who would move to someone like Derby only to be dropped there anyway. Might as well just do the same thing for a bigger wage at a bigger club.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I think he'll be third choice as well! Gazzaniga played 25 times last season... what with Lloris Arm injury and his *ahem* rest periods (in rehab) :ph34r:

Rehab?? Assuming you're not meaning physio.

Posted this in the Chilwell thread but possibly worth a discussion here....

I'm convinced Ineos/Jim Ratcliffe must be sniffing around Chelsea again, no way is Abramovich bankrolling all this again with the Citizenship issues still there and the constant rebuttal of new stadium planning. They're genuinely talking about Chelsea being able to complete deals for a LB, CB and Havertz... that's 200m on top of what they've already spent. 

28 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Still think there's a Premier League number 1 choice keeper in Hart, just not at a club like Spurs tho. 

The problem was, he was never really as good or as bad as people made him out to be. Typical fickle attitude of the English towards goalkeepers, and obviously Guardiola threw his career off of a cliff. 

I genuinely think that around 2012 he was world class. I remember games against Dortmund and Barcelona away where he really saved Man City from being humiliated.

53 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Still think there's a Premier League number 1 choice keeper in Hart, just not at a club like Spurs tho. 

The problem was, he was never really as good or as bad as people made him out to be. Typical fickle attitude of the English towards goalkeepers, and obviously Guardiola threw his career off of a cliff. 

Who would he genuinely replace right now as number 1 in the prem?

Guardiola replaced him and it was soon justified, he didn't exactly help himself with his performances on loan.

It's a shame to see him settle for 3rd choice though, you only get one short career in football, you'd expect him to want to play.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike