Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Heck. It's almost, almost as if the vitriolic weirdos hyped this up all on their own, despite absolutely no evidence or official announcement that ditching them was to do with a more diverse cast.

Two empty chairs would be preferable to Sherwood and Pulis. Still, seems to appeal to the ravenous, insular audience who seem to watch the show.

What is it about TV talent that makes them turn into utter wombats after a certain age or period on TV? I've said it before, Stelling is a chummy old-boys-club member, only a few steps from Richard Keys levels of arrogance. His early years were fantastic, he was unmissable, he made Soccer Saturday what it was. Then he believed in his own hype, started inserting his own opinions and now he's got a very fragile ego, seemingly.

I don't think the Football Cliches twitter account meant to be belittling or nasty but still, you can't have it both ways. You can't big up your programme as a laugh where people take the mick then complain when others do it.

On 10/09/2020 at 21:04, Koke said:

Speaking of Soccer Saturday, Jeff Stelling the dinosaur can't take a joke. Absolute state of this bloke. He's had his day, he sounds like a grumpy old man as the days go by. Can't wait til they move him on as well.

If you honestly think Soccer Saturday will be better without Jeff sterling, “you are a ostrich”

Just listened to the Five live podcast from last night where Dion Dublin poses this question:

“Would you rather have Kante or Declan Rice in your team?” (Talking about Chelsea)

And he wasn’t sure and even verged on Rice as his answer!

:nigel:

Edited by Phube
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Just listened to the Five live podcast from last night where Dion Dublin poses this question:

“Would you rather have Kante or Declan Rice in your team?” (Talking about Chelsea)

And he wasn’t sure and even verged on Rice as his answer!

:nigel:

If you were making a decision for the next ten years you might even still go for NG ....., rice is so over rated although he is a decent player ..

What’s everyone’s thoughts before a ball is kicked?

Im going 
Champions: Man city

Top 4: Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd

5th and 6th Leicester and Wolves

Arsenal to win the FA Cup and Southampton to win the League Cup.

Relegation: Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts before a ball is kicked?

Im going 
Champions: Man city

Top 4: Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd

5th and 6th Leicester and Wolves

Arsenal to win the FA Cup and Southampton to win the League Cup.

Relegation: Fulham, Crystal Palace and West Ham

Top 4 the same as last season. Confident of that. 1-2 and 3-4 could swap but no more movement than that.

Arsenal and Spurs next. Then Wolves and Everton. 

Think the top 8 are nailed on and we won't get close without another 2 shrewd signings. Others have strengthened and we havent.

Given the mood around the club, lack of signings, 2020 form and European campaign, I think we might be the big underachievers this season. Hope I'm very wrong!!!

Fulham, West Brom and 1 other to drop.

20 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Arsenal playing in blue. Disgusting. Really grips me when teams play in their away kit when they don’t need to. Arsenal are especially bad at doing it. 

lol A bit OTT, maybe?

I think Arsenal believe their home kit is 'sacred,' and refuse to wear anything other than white shorts with it. I think that's why they wear their away kits more often than most.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

That is pathetic from our supporters, probably reflects what we read on here, I really don’t understand why we are that pessimistic!

I think most supporters’ optimism is directly proportional to the number of signings a club makes.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

That is pathetic from our supporters, probably reflects what we read on here, I really don’t understand why we are that pessimistic!

It's not a view I personally share but I think it's understandable given the disappointing end to the season and the lack of signings.

• Like 1