Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

It's not that much different, is it? Maguire and Chilwell have gone, Soyuncu has played a full season now whilst Evans mostly proved his worth and Castagne looks a promising signing.

I'd say the fact the squad still looks similar is a factor in the lack of optimism.

Got to agree with this. We know this team can play good football. It's just the lack of depth and the lack of creativity that makes me a little wary.

We outperformed our xG by a long way in the first half of the season, which wasn't sustainable, and at times we looked deflated after losing to Man City and Liverpool over the Christmas period.

We need to create more chances and we need more players who can put them away, or Barnes, Perez, Tielemans and Maddison need to start chipping in with more. But coronavirus is probably stopping us from recruiting how we'd like.

However, sometimes we have to take sideways or backwards steps in order to make leaps forward at another time. Puel took us forward before stagnating. Rodgers took us a great deal forward before we dropped off. I think the mixed form will continue, but under these owners we'll make strides forward again - with or without Brendan Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We still have a huge problem attacking without Vardy (and Father Time will catch up in the end) and now are being told we are short on money so to me it isn’t that promising 

What's changed with regard to the attack siince Brendan came in? Vardy's not showing signs of slowing down yet. Golden boot, now, no less.

What has a rumoured shortage of cash got to do with the state of the squad now compared to when Brendan arrived?

I forgot to mention, we've also discovered that Soyuncu is an absolute Rolls-Royce of a centre-half since then. There's also signs that Thomas and maybe KDH could become good players for us.

The squad is both better, and more promising, now than when Brendan arrived. Add to that, we are this minute working on getting new players in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Hector might just be the worst centre half i've ever seen at Premier League level and I include Ryan Bennett in that.

He is pony.

I see your Michael Hector and I raise you a Tim Ream...

I genuinely can't believe they're still starting him.

I remember him being directly responsible for like 3 Cardiff goals last time they were in the Premier League 2 years ago.. absolutely doggo. :crylaugh:

11 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

I remember him being directly responsible for like 3 Cardiff goals last time they were in the Premier League 2 years ago.. absolutely doggo. :crylaugh:

Yeah I can honestly see Fulham conceding 90 odd this season.

16 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Probably why they've just brought in 3 new defenders.

Bleedin 'ell, that'll be the last time I listen to fantasy league pundits. Why exactly are Southampton being tipped as a surprise package? Crystal Palace are making them look like dog muck.

Ya boi went and spaffed his last £2 million in Fantasy League on Redmond, didn't he.

:plancque: