Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

James Maddison - 4 year deal, £110k per week

12 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Anyone think we play better without him?

(His corners are not improving...for that money I think he could practice them)

A fully fit and on form Maddison, no we don't. Maddison when he's dropped about as deep as Ndidi and slowing down play in our own half then yes we probably do.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Surely supporters should get behind our players.

Comments on a forum that won't get read by the players are pretty much as inconsequential as you can get. As long as when the players are on the pitch and the fans are in the stands things are positive, that's fine in my opinion. 

Back them during the game, praise/call them out afterwards as necessary. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Bellends always taper down .....!!!

They know nothing of any supporting task....

Many in this fragile world have become “entitled”... I see it across all of the Range of social spectrums and society.

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Comments on a forum that won't get read by the players are pretty much as inconsequential as you can get. As long as when the players are on the pitch and the fans are in the stands things are positive, that's fine in my opinion. 

Back them during the game, praise/call them out afterwards as necessary. 

Lambasting them, over their Choice of clobber & dress....Shows The immaturity of the poster....Plus a few use it on the side to build or make an agenda,when

bringing in other issues...for The Male of the species,its somehow suprising how much the bitch,they can hold their female partners /Sisters accountable for....

Not many real men left to have a decent Football Conversation with on football forums today...!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Lambasting them, over their Choice of clobber & dress....Shows The immaturity of the poster....Plus a few use it on the side to build or make an agenda,when

bringing in other issues...for The Male of the species,its somehow suprising how much the bitch,they can hold their female partners /Sisters accountable for....

Not many real men left to have a decent Football Conversation with on football forums today...!!

Absolutely 👍

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

bet you wear brogues and cropped chinos, ughh.

Football is gone (again) when Maddison is on this amount of money. 

He needs to seriously improve his key stats (assists, goals) to warrant such a wage. 

Does this count as not supporting him? Or are we all supposed to be pleased about us spending beyond our means on players who haven't achieved what they should have done?

I wonder if the extra dosh is enough to entice him not to go and have a nice laugh with the opposition as soon as the final whistle goes? Especially when we've just lost.

On 14/08/2020 at 10:58, Manini said:

Whilst I agree the fee is extortionate, I’m confused by this part of your post...

I can’t imagine Susan Whelan would be in a job for much longer if she was signing off salaries that the club couldn’t afford. I’m fairly sure she and the owners have spent infinitely more time than any of us with the club accountants working out what we can pay players and what we can’t. We haven’t spent beyond our means since probably Sven was here, early 2000s before that, so it feels like you’re getting yourself wound up over nothing there. 

You do realise this is modern football? Of course we are spending beyond our means, to believe anything else is utterly deluded. 

We are consistently taking out huge loans against future TV money, this is about as obvious an example of a club spending beyond its means as anything I've ever seen. It eclipses the overspend in the Sven era by a substantial amount.

The stats achieved by Maddison last season do not warrant this salary, its quite absurd. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

You do realise this is modern football? Of course we are spending beyond our means, to believe anything else is utterly deluded. 

We are consistently taking out huge loans against future TV money, this is about as obvious an example of a club spending beyond its means as anything I've ever seen. It eclipses the overspend in the Sven era by a substantial amount.

The stats achieved by Maddison last season do not warrant this salary, its quite absurd. 

To get the money early rather then in staged payments, not to spend more money the we have coming in.

We have made a loss in 1 of the last 5 seasons.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Ey? 

It’s a loan against money that then comes in to the club account the following season. It’s guaranteed against the money that we are then at liberty to pay back. It’s to ease cash flow. If we were consistently borrowing more then we could afford then James Maddison’s salary would be the least of your worries because we’d be on the way to going bust! 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

So you don’t think Maddison was excellent up to the new year?