Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

James Maddison - 4 year deal, £110k per week

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

When he first joined from August to about November he was quality, then all of a sudden his form took a massive dip.

His form last season was pretty identical.

For a player who is meant to be our main creator, as you said yourself, 3 assists last season is an awful contribution. 

Most of our players need to become more consistent, but Maddison along with Perez and Barnes top that list.

You can't blame maddison for too much of what you say because he's been played by BR out of position on the left of mid rather than his natural number 10 position.

43 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Obscene money while the average man struggles...

Football needs a reality check.

What wage would you like the club to pay players and world you be happy to watch that standard of football?

If not you could find a local club that pays more or less what you think is acceptable?

If I was to play devil's advocate a little, he's probably seen Bruno Fernandes has taken the role he'd have played at United and his career would have probably receded there. Nevertheless it would be naive to think no player ever thinks about jumping ship but its always actions that speak louder than words.

Vardy was thinking of joining Arsenal, and almost did, so if Mr Leicester was thinking of it then I'm sure almost everyone has considered it. 

He looks like a genuine player who looks like he enjoys playing for us. I don't get that same vibe from Chilwell and I think that's important if we are to keep a player of his quality here. We need to show that we have the quality to sustain European football year in year out to keep these players as well as providing a good environment for the players. 

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

When he first joined from August to about November he was quality, then all of a sudden his form took a massive dip.

His form last season was pretty identical.

For a player who is meant to be our main creator, as you said yourself, 3 assists last season is an awful contribution. 

Most of our players need to become more consistent, but Maddison along with Perez and Barnes top that list.

First season he was decent up until November, then abysmal until Rodgers arrived. From Mid February through to the end of 2019 he was absolutely brilliant and it looked like the progression was being witnessed and he'd be a star.the last half of the season he has been really poor. Big season for him, needs a full season of consistency.

• Like 1

Fantastic news. Phew! Love the guy, he seems to love it here and really appreciated him attending the games towards the end of the season, even when he didn't need to.

Roll on the new season and him tearing it up against the Baggies!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

First season he was decent up until November, then abysmal until Rodgers arrived. From Mid February through to the end of 2019 he was absolutely brilliant and it looked like the progression was being witnessed and he'd be a star.the last half of the season he has been really poor. Big season for him, needs a full season of consistency.

...there is something about Madders!!!

Having signed him, I watched the Youtube video, he looked fantastic seemingly just short of world class. I felt one season with us and he would be off to United because they could not afford not to pick him up. The first game I watched, Liverpool at home and you could just see he was half a yard too slow in pace or moving the ball on, so I factored in his previous injury. I still see this player who is just not quick enough, in thought, deeds or action and I worry if he will get there.

His new contract covers him as well as the club and there is a feeling that he might just see Leicester as his perfect fit and spend the next 10 years here. Outwardly every thing about him appears to be an upwardly mobile player, but  deep down, he probably is one of these players, who sees us as home, it also helps that Coventry is just down the road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Obscene money while the average man struggles...

Football needs a reality check.

It's the market price. It's not football that needs a reality check if this is how you feel. It's the entire economic system. Solidarity comrade! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1