Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

...I  wonder if Rodgers will look at Gray as a project for the strikers role, after seeing him last night!!!

Two good finishes although against a lower level defence but nonetheless good strikes.

He contributes nothing whilst in the midfield but comes to life and takes up great positions when he gets upfront with a chance to score.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  wonder if Rodgers will look at Gray as a project for the strikers role, after seeing him last night!!!

Two good finishes although against a lower level defence but nonetheless good strikes.

He contributes nothing whilst in the midfield but comes to life and takes up great positions when he gets upfront with a chance to score.

If we need an emergency striker, both Nacho and Perez are miles ahead of him. 

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I don't.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

But our EL squad was even stricter in terms of numbers of outfield over 21 players than the PL squad, who would you have left out for Gray? There's an argument Ndidi's inclusion was pretty pointless but very little room to work with.

Yes, this. Or one of the obviously injured party. Bit of a waste of a slot really

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes, this. Or one of the obviously injured party. Bit of a waste of a slot really

Amartey wasn't registered, Soyuncu was named because the squad was submitted prior to him getting injured. Castagne and Ricardo are back and will likely be available for the last two games. Ndidi is training and if Mendy were to get injured the club would probably consider rushing him back if it became a must-win scenario into the last game or two.

Gray and Slimani were left out because the club anticipated they still might leave. You register the players you know are guaranteed to be staying put.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I thought the same. The less he thinks. The less touches of the ball he has. The more instinctive he is. The better player he becomes. If Rodgers hasn't found a place where it can work out for Gray and the club then I think its over for him here. That said look at Mendy. Never say never. Something is going on because there are clubs in the Premier League who need his ability. He should have been sold on for profit last season. The enigma.

Edited by SO1

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I thought the same. The less he thinks. The less touches of the ball he has. The more instinctive he is. The better player he becomes. If Rodgers hasn't found a place where it can work out for Gray and the club then I think its over for him here. That said look at Mendy. Never say never. Something is going on because there are clubs in the Premier League who need his ability. He should have been sold on for profit last season. The enigma.

That’s what I thought, which is why I also thought he might be better off packing biscuits in a biscuit factory rather than trying to be a professional footballer 

58 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

That’s what I thought, which is why I also thought he might be better off packing biscuits in a biscuit factory rather than trying to be a professional footballer 

....said that because he might be better off playing in a counter attacking side that has less possession. :hamza:

Derby are an absolute disgrace at the minute but I'd go and try and nab their U23/Academy manager who recently has been helping out Rooney - Justin Walker and Darren Wassall. Walker is a really progressive coach who if we sold a vision of what we want from our academy might be prepared to come. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Derby are an absolute disgrace at the minute but I'd go and try and nab their U23/Academy manager who recently has been helping out Rooney - Justin Walker and Darren Wassall. Walker is a really progressive coach who if we sold a vision of what we want from our academy might be prepared to come. 

The last few external appointments we've made haven't stayed long in Idiakez and Dmitri Halajko. The academy is a bit too insular with Rudkin obviously getting promoted to DoF, the head of academy role was filled internally by Ian Cawley from head of community coaching too. Any idea on Peake's replacement?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The last few external appointments we've made haven't stayed long in Idiakez and Dmitri Halajko. The academy is a bit too insular with Rudkin obviously getting promoted to DoF, the head of academy role was filled internally by Ian Cawley from head of community coaching too. Any idea on Peake's replacement?

Peake's replacement was the U16 coach Adam Barradell, whom is very highly regarded. You are right though, its a pretty closed shop led by Rudkin and Toad in the Beaglehole.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

U18's only losing 1-0 at half time away at Spurs. 

Last minute equalizer!! We finally have a point!

This was our lineup apparently, with a bench of: Freddie Cook, Tyler Weeks, Oliver Hempstead, Tawanda Jethro Maswanhise, Will Russ

image.png.2243dcf156f2a9c8d67d5f2f0aaad218.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

On 07/11/2020 at 13:53, LCFC1996 said:

Make that 8-1...

I was part of the backroom staff for a Barnsley U18 team who were on the wrong end of an 8-1 result against Chelsea yesterday in the FA youth cup. All I can say is wow. There are some players coming through in that Chelsea team including a 16 year old Jude Soonsup-Bell who put 4 past us, just as he did against Leicester a month or so back.

3 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I’m guessing it’s probably unlikely any of those will travel to Zorya now which is a bit disappointing. 

No Tavares though, is he injured?

Probably isn't, there's never been any regularity or rationale behind Tavares appearances for the U23's.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I’m guessing it’s probably unlikely any of those will travel to Zorya now which is a bit disappointing. 

No Tavares though, is he injured?

Why? They are playing before the 1st team... So no reason some won't travel. 

42 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Why? They are playing before the 1st team... So no reason some won't travel. 

As much as the whole strict “bubble” theory has been proved to be a bit of a myth, I don’t see them moving into the first team bubble with two days before a game.

They’ll have a day of recovery tomorrow anyway and I’d imagine we’ll be flying to Ukraine Wednesday lunch time. So they won’t get time to train with the 1st team.