Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leagues One & Two - 2020/2021

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Read this thread regards Grimsby. What a club 

Netflix are doing the documentary at the wrong club lol

I knew a bit of what was going on but there was so much more...what a shambles...this was tweeted yesterday as well:

There is a similar thread on York City which I've posted on the non league forum...well worth a read if you've got 10 minutes.

Edited by Tuna

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

Absolutely terrible decision to give Peterborough a penalty. Player threw himself into the defender.

Agree but it was great seeing one of the great old characters in football Barry Fry on the pitch at the end celebrating promotion 

26 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Agree but it was great seeing one of the great old characters in football Barry Fry on the pitch at the end celebrating promotion 

Normally I might agree with you. However, for those who haven't seen it that was obviously one of the worst decisions  ever in the history of world football. If you can find one worse let me know.. I have a bit of a soft spot for Lincoln and feel absolutely sick for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, isaidno said:

Never ever was that a penalty to Peterborough.  Disgusting decision. 

Awful decision- even in real time that is a very poor call.

Classic case of fans celebrating too early at Bolton!

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, isaidno said:

Never ever was that a penalty to Peterborough.  Disgusting decision. 

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Absolutely terrible decision to give Peterborough a penalty. Player threw himself into the defender.

1 hour ago, January47 said:

That was obviously one of the worst decisions  ever in the history of world football. If you can find one worse let me know.

I was there today, very fortunate to be so, and it was great to be able to commentate on the dramatic moment a team clinches promotion.

However it was a disgusting penalty decision, as you've all said.

No VAR in play at that level. Absolute shocker.

Utterly embarrassing from Sammie Szmodics.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was there today, very fortunate to be so, and it was great to be able to commentate on the dramatic moment a team clinches promotion.

That’s sickening.

Pleased to see Wigan stay up. What a decade or so they've been through lol 

10/11: 16th in PL and League Cup quarter finalists

11/12: 15th in PL

12/13: Relegated from PL but won the FA Cup

13/14: 5th in Championship, eventually lost in the play offs, but also played in the Europa League group stages and FA Cup semi finals

14/15: Relegated from Championship

15/16: 1st in League One and semi finalists of football league trophy

16/17: Relegated from Championship

17/18: 1st in League One and FA Cup quarter finalists

18/19: 18th in Championship

19/20: Finished 13th in Championship but due to points deduction ended up 23rd and got relegated

20/21: Survived in League One with one game left

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Wow

Wouldn't have trusted VAR to overturn it to be honest. That said that's easily the worst decision I've seen this season and the competition has been pretty stiff. Utter disgrace and it really is about time some of these things were investigated properly. See also Southend's winner at Barrow. If these things happened in Italy or Greece people would agree.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Morecambe getting promoted would be incredible. 

Newport and Tranmere too. The latter probably the bigger sides out of those mentioned but been down in non league recently.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Newport and Tranmere too. The latter probably the bigger sides out of those mentioned but been down in non league recently.

Looks like playoffs for Morecambe, either them or Exeter going up would be great seems like Exeter have missed out so many times in the playoffs.

@Hales, @cambridgefox, @Carl the Llama, @MGLCFC

Cambridge United promoted to League One!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

First time in 3rd tier since 2002, and a big moment after a few years stuck in Non-league.

Not quite sure anyone saw that coming at the start of the season, but Mark Bonner has been an inspired choice as manager after a number of retreads, so congratulations to them all!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

First time in 3rd tier since 2002, and a big moment after a few years stuck in Non-league.

Not quite sure anyone saw that coming at the start of the season, but Mark Bonner has been an inspired choice as manager after a number of retreads, so congratulations to them all!

Woo hoo! Brilliant 🤩😍🥰🥳 emotional!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Brilliant season.Mullin top scorer in all leagues.

Shame they won’t be playing the Posh,but some good fixtures next year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

So glad Salford dropped out of the play offs altogether. I bear no ill will to their fans but can’t stand their owners and how they go about their business.

Worth the two managerial sackings. 

Apparently they want out of their current stadium as well to play where Sale Rugby are. Which is quite a peculiar decision. 

• Like 1