Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Exactly where my went. Perhaps we do indeed buy Fofana and loan him back?

this would be my plan, buy both, send fofana back for a year. then if we have to fight for cags next summer, losing him might not be such a blow if we still have evans, wes and tarks

big upfront cost for long term gain

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

he 28 not 32.  If he plays for a 5 year contract that is not a lot of money these days.

Don’t get me wrong I’d have no issue with us lobbing 30m at him I’m saying spending so much on a player his age (again I know it’s not old) is something you don’t really see us doing

Lot of people don't seem to rate him, but he is a quality defender who i think would improve under our system. 28 is not that old for a CB, rather coming into in his prime,and could give us five solid years, ready made replacement for Evans when he hangs up his boots. The £50M Burnely are reported to be holding out for would be too much but if we can get him for £30-35M then that would be a better deal than risking the same on an untried 19 year old.

I know Burnley have already rejected a similar offer from WHU but we would most likely be paying higher wages and i suspect the player may have told Burnely that he was not that interested and this let them reject the offer whilst maintaining the price level. If Tarks was to declare an interest and push for the move they would be more likely to accept?

If this goes through though, it would perhaps give us leverage to do a deal including a loan back with ASSE for Fofana (obviously at the lower offer but with ad ons/sell on fee) with us subsidising his wages and part payment deferred until next year, and i think they would snap our hand off.

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That's the one issue with this deal, we will have three CBs that are at the level where they will expect to play every game.

Isn’t that what you want? someone who can come in and do a great job. With europa league rotation will be needed so with only 3 capable CBS they will each get a lot if game time 

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You don't need to buy every player thinking of sell on value. You get 4 to 5 years of this fella being a good starting centre back, then that in itself brings its own value. 

Again I agree but like I said it just doesn’t seem like the kind of deal we do now a days, plus we have an established pairing so unless we’re planning on going 3 atb a younger player to bed in with a high celling ability wise probably makes more sense..... all that being said I rate JT and wouldn’t be against us signing him

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Doesn’t Fofana want to move to us too? Pervy says the same for Tarkowski. 

How old is the Burnley player? 

Would we get more value out of Fofana at his age? 

#ITK

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Isn’t that what you want? someone who can come in and do a great job. With europa league rotation will be needed so with only 3 capable CBS they will each get a lot if game time 

In other positions yes, but personally with CBs I would prefer two starters and back ups. However Tarkowski is obviously a very good player and would come in and make an impact straight away. It's a tricky one.